Speed up your metabolism?

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Hi all, ive been on a vcld now for nearly 5 weeks. My losses have slowed which i knew would happen, but the scales arnt moving. I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to kick start their metabolism?

Ive been advised to re-feed for a week then go back on a vlcd for the remaining 4 weeks that i'll be doing it! just to get my body moving again, i drink loads of fluids and exercise! perhaps not as much as i should be i intend to go 3 times a week this week to the gym

Any advice would be really appreciated :)

I wouldn't do anything just now. Your losses are absolutely fantastic where exactly have they slowed down lol. If its just one week then I'd just go with it and see what happens next week. Pretty much everyone has one poor week

Its actually coming up for two weeks in a row for slow losses tbh!! which i know is inevitable! my previous losses have been fab, im megga chuffed with them :) but as after my WI last wednesday id already lost 2lbs, but then the scales didnt move until the next WI which was due to a laxatine i think and that was 1lb! and this week they havent moved at all, i will be dissapointed if i get on the scales to have STS this week, all this hard work and little things like me seeing my weight come down on the scales keeps me on track its my main motivation tool! towards the end of next week its TOTM so the week after im probably expexcting to sts or gain as i usually do! but this week i'll be mift if the scales dont move!

anyway rant over, i will carry on this week and see what happens :)

if you're exercising, it's possible you need to eat more. no need to come out of ketosis. add some lean protein and a some dark green veg, plus your packs.

Spangles may be right. VLCD and exercise may make your body think you are in starvation mode therefore will hang onto weight.

On Alizonne, we are told to have an extra sachet if we do a lot of exercise. It's good as actually you are speeding up your metabloism and will be able to eat more when you are at goal, as long as your body doesn't decide there's so much exercise it needs to lower your calorie needs forever.

Take care and tell us how it's going.

Ali

Didn't you lose 4lb this week Pinklady? If so that's a great loss on top of 3lb last week. Half a stone in 2 weeks - dead on target for a stone a month xx

Still good loses. Maybe ease up on the exercise? It is frustrating to loose slowly based on the sacrifice of no food.

Back