Spin Classes

OpalLilyEats

Gold Member
Recently I've had a massive urge to go to a spin class... I have absolutely no idea why!!

I have this idea that if I do 3 spin classes a week I'll get super skinny!!! The only problem is I have never really liked cycling and every time I've peeked in at a class everyone looked like they were about to die!

Does anybody do them? Would you recommend them? Do they make much difference to losses?

Hi, I go spinning, but only once a week, not three times!!! I'm not sure whether they make a difference weight loss wise, as I have been doing them since before I started SW, but they are hard work, and they certainly can't hinder your weight loss. Also they are great fun.

The only thing I would warn you of - you will probably find it hard to sit down the day after, because your legs will kill, and your bum will kill from the very uncomfortable bike seats! It does get easier though (or you become used to the pain!).

spinning

I go to spinning 2 times a week its great it not only works your legs but your whole body and I do belly blasting 2 times a week
I join the gym in October and everyone as noticed that my body shape as changed(in a good way) and my husband thinks it hot that will do for me
give it a go enjoy the burn
let me know how it goes
Melinda

Spin is great. Haven't done alot of classes (have done the instructors course) but use the spin bikes in the gym to spin, as class times aren't always suitable. The beauty of spin is you can take it as easy or hard as you like. Its a cardio class so will burn fat. And ofcourse your legs will feel a burn. Definitely worth doing along with other forms of exercise. Along with weights would be ideal and your burning fat with cardio and 'toning' with weights. Weights and body weight exercises are essential as the body can eat away at muscle and muscle is vital in helping us burn more fat and not regaining :) hope this helps.

You'll be fine once you've been once!! :-D take a friend? Or find a spin bike at the back, maybe you'll feel more comfortable if its your first time.

Don't feel scared - there are people of all shapes and sizes in my class, and all abilities. I always get a bike at the back, like Sam suggests - makes you feel a bit hidden away and would be good for your first time.

I'm guessing your class would be either 45 minutes or an hour, so if you go and hate it, it will be over quickly and at least you've tried, and you never have to go back if you don't want to. But you may just love it!

Back