Spin-off re HEXb to reduce syns

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Hey guys

Just made my first basic chocolate scan bran cake. Twas alright actually!

Now question: 1 scan bran is half a syn, right? 1 HEXb of scan bran is 5 scan bran and most cakes call for 5 scan bran.

That would make your HEXb value of the cake 2.5 syns, not 6 syns. All the recipes I see minus 6 syns if counting the Scan Bran as HE.

I make my cake syns thusly:

2.5 syns scan bran
3 syns Weetabix
3 syns 2 dark chocolate options

8.5 for whole cake.

I can't minus 6 syns from this legitimately... it just doesn't calculate right to me. Does it you?

Gosh that is brain mashing stuff. what about hex b being a mixture of weetabix and scan bran as well ?????? If you know then let me know tooxxxxxxx

G G Scandinavian Scan Bran Crispbread each

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

So your scan bran in the recipe would be 5 syns and not 2.5 syns. I reckon you could get away with deducting 6 syns in this instance.

i've got the pack in front of me! It says 1/2 syn per slice!

Hi Vixxster. I'm confused about how many syns scan bran actually are. It does say half on the pack, but 1 on the website. Very confusing and not the only inconsistency between the wesite and the book methinks. My mate says the wesite is the most up to date so to go by that. What does everyone else think?

is confused lol and it doesnt take much.

I have not tried the scan bran cake with weetabix, was it nice? Might give it a go next time. I can't get options here though, so what would be the syn value of the cake if I use cocoa powder?

I love the scan bran banana cake and I have a piece of it most days. It has saved my diet on many occasions. I use 4 scan bran and 1 weetabix as a Heb. I don't count any syns for it, if I eat half of the cake I count it as half of a HEB. If I've run out of HEBs, I count syns for it.
I don't like the chocolate one as much luckily, so save having to count the syns for that, but I sometimes put a spoon of marmalade or syrup in.

I cant stomach scan bran, so I substitute for original Rivitas instead.

Scan brans are half a syn a slice, yep it is only 2.5 syns for your HEX B and that's why it's a superspeed HEX (like if you have 2 ryvita instead of 4!)

I'd knock 6 syns off :)

is confused lol and it doesnt take much.

I have not tried the scan bran cake with weetabix, was it nice? Might give it a go next time. I can't get options here though, so what would be the syn value of the cake if I use cocoa powder?

It was nice yeah, though I haven't had it without the weetabix before so I can't compare. Tastes a bit like nutri grain bar with extra bran and a bit soggy on the bottom - is this right?

In either case, twas filling and dead simple in the micro so I'll make it again.

I would just syn the cocoa in the normal way and add to the amount of syns in the cake, so if you normally count 2 syns per spoonful, do that and tot up the amount per ingredient.

I rounded up my cake and made it 2.5 per slice instead of 8.5 for whole thing. I never use all my syns anyway, I have my '5 over' safety net. But blimming SW and their syn values, heh!

I love the scan bran banana cake and I have a piece of it most days. It has saved my diet on many occasions. I use 4 scan bran and 1 weetabix as a Heb. I don't count any syns for it, if I eat half of the cake I count it as half of a HEB. If I've run out of HEBs, I count syns for it.
Sorry to poo poo on your parade but technically you should count syns for this as you're having mashed/cooked banana.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Fruit - Fresh, Banana, flesh only, pureed/cooked average each

red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 4 Syns

Re the scan bran syn value - I've just had a look at the packet, there is 223 cals in the pack which includes 10 scan bran. This means that each scan is 22 cals, which by using the "20 cals per syn" rule of thumb makes them a syn each.

Now I'm even more confused!!

Back