Spin-off re HEXb to reduce syns

Hahaha the drama we girlies go through

ME: "ring ring"

THEM: "Hello Slimming World?"

ME: "Hi, i'm a long time slimmer, first time caller. I am here having a full on scan bran related TRAUMA!!! The pack says 1/2 syn but the website says 1 syn. I've been making scan bran cake and counting the syns as 1/2 not 1. Also, deducting 6 for a HE doesn't make sense as one way, it adds up to 5 and the other way it adds up to 2.5. You've GOT to help me! I keep maintaining and I don't know why. It MUST be this.

Oh, also I had roast potatoes in the staff canteen the other day and didn't syn them. Do you think i'll be alright??"

THEM "Sigh"

I may well do if I have a fruit-cooking trauma later in the week. "ZOMG why don't you care if we make carrot cake but penalise our banana bread?!! You don't love ussssssss!!!!"

Sorry to poo poo on your parade but technically you should count syns for this as you're having mashed/cooked banana.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Fruit - Fresh, Banana, flesh only, pureed/cooked average each

red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 4 Syns

Thanks Stacey, I am aware that the banana should technically be synned, but I never do because it's only 1 banana for the whole cake, and I've lost 6 stone without synning it.
I do understand that you felt that you should point it out for the benefit of new SW'ers though.;)

Maybe, cos they're such super high fibre things, their syn value is lowered!?

It's swings and roundabouts! You can have tinned/cooked fruit as a HExB too. So you could count 2.5 for the scan bran and the other 4 as the bananananana (batman!) and that would be the 6 syns you take off!

Back