Spinning - Does it help?

MrsDravenx

My neighbour has recently taken up spinning and has been singing its praises all week, and she looks fabulous..Even if she was already a skinny bird when she started:rolleyes:

I was just curious to hear peoples reviews as theres a small spinning centre where i live and i walked past the other day and the price was pretty reasonable too. Ive heard your legs really ache and its tiring but i suppose if you get some sort of result it makes the burn worth it!:p...But my real question is, does it help weight loss or is it especially for the legs and bum area?

Many thanks!:)

Danii!

i'll be interested to hear any responses to this as well as my husband has bought me an exercise bike :rolleyes: and I was hoping it would help me tone all over and not just my legs.

Spinning will mostly work out your legs and butt. But it will take weight off all parts of your body. Remember that there's no such thing as spot reduction. If you want to lose weight on one part of your body then you need to lose weight overall.

Spinning is a great exercise, especially with a class and coach. You really don't want to be the one lagging behind so you'll put a lot of energy into it.

I had my first spinning class yesterday and I am aching all over!! My bum especially!!

It is a great form of exercise and i was considerably unfit compared to everyone else in the class, but I gave it my all to try and keep up but my goodness am I feeling it today!

I will most likely be going again, the instructor told me that after a few more sessions I shouldn't ache that much! I hope so :/

Iphoning it!!

i'm happy with it toning my butt :happy036: anywhere else would be a bonus

thanks for your replies x

I tried it once. It was great, but I was in agony for over a week afterwards. Despite being quite fit at the time I thought that I had done some real damage to my thigh, and was about to see a dr if it had gone on much longer! I think I might have pushed it too hard as I was so fit. Definitely work hard, but hold something back your first time to see how your body reacts.

Never went back though for some reason.

I haven't been back either lol! I only ached for 4 days afterwards and I felt like I was going to fall over when I got off my bike, it was a weird feeling lol!

Instead I've opted for Zumba it's much more gentler on my muscles hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol 4 days is much better than me at least. Yeah, stick to Zumba, it's fun and less likely to incapacitate us. :whip:

Back