Splashpath..........any other swimmers out there?

Denise140

Now 40% less fat !
I've just started a thread for C25K beginners but on the four days each week when I'm not running, I get my exercise in the pool. So I thought I'd start a thread on swimming too!

For a bit of fun I record my swims on the Splashpath app. I'm currently swimming the Irish Sea challenge; the lengths of the pool that I've logged so far, being the equivalent of about 10.5 % of the distance between Holyhead and Dublin Bay!

Any swimmers out there care to join me?

Denise

Hi Deezer,

Yes it is an iPhone app; don't know whether they do a BB version. I installed it on my iPad and when I get back from the pool I make my "vanilla latte" and curl up on the sofa to update my Splashpath I can post my comments direct to FB too and my FB friends can view a map to see my progress across the Irish Sea LOL :8855:

Dx

I use it too, but not sure how I can add friends!

I use it too, but not sure how I can add friends!

Just had a look and I can't fathom it out either!
I'll keep trying and will let you know if I work it out. My username on splashpath is denhos BTW.

Are you doing a challenge swim?

Dx

I've managed to work it out and I've requested you.

I'm a bit of a slow swimmer,doing about 24 lengths when I go.

I've just started up again, I had a back problem in July and only went once between then and last week! I'm cracking on now though!

Currently on the Irish Sea Swim (only 5% done!!!) :)

I've managed to work it out and I've requested you.

I'm a bit of a slow swimmer,doing about 24 lengths when I go.

I've just started up again, I had a back problem in July and only went once between then and last week! I'm cracking on now though!

Currently on the Irish Sea Swim (only 5% done!!!) :)

Hi

We're now friends on Splashpath ! Well done for sussing that out :). Good that you're back 'in the swim ' again,

18.5% of the way across the Iish Sea

Another 48 lengths this morning before breakfast :)

I did my first session of my c25k.... I'm going to pinch your idea for a ticket lol... if thas ok!!!

Well done!!! Your doing amazing!!!

x

My OH joined the gym today... He's a bit of a fitness freak so I'll be dragged down the gym with him! Already been told I'm going tomorrow lol

That's exciting! Let me know how you get on.
I'm not quite ready to get hot and sweaty in public yet but I am considering upgrading my swim membership to swim and gym when I've lost a few more stone ;)

Dx

Hi Denise hope you don't mind me following you on here as well, i have also being going swimming on a Monday night. Is the splashpath only an iphone app?

Being going swimming now for the past 4 weeks and was doing about 50 lengths, but this week managed 70 in 45 mins which i was really pleased with. wish i could go a bit more but we are watching the pennies due to being on maternity leave which is why i also started the C25K. I must say though that i find swimming so much easier than running!

Well I'm a member of Total Fitness but swim more than anything. Another 24 lengths yesterday and going again tomorrow!

Well I'm a member of Total Fitness but swim more than anything. Another 24 lengths yesterday and going again tomorrow!

Good for you! I've been watching your progress on Splashpath. See you in Dublin!

Dx

Hi Denise hope you don't mind me following you on here as well, i have also being going swimming on a Monday night. Is the splashpath only an iphone app?

Being going swimming now for the past 4 weeks and was doing about 50 lengths, but this week managed 70 in 45 mins which i was really pleased with. wish i could go a bit more but we are watching the pennies due to being on maternity leave which is why i also started the C25K. I must say though that i find swimming so much easier than running!

Of course not hun! Lovely to hear more about you :)

70 lengths in 45 mins!!!!!!!!! Wow! You're fast! - unless it's a really small pool!

As far as I know Splashpath is just on iPhone/iPad I'm afraid. Don't know if you can join on the website and take part that way.
If you do get on and do the Irish Sea challenge you'll be in Dublin well before me, so you can get the Guiness in!

......no on second thoughts, I can't stand the stuff, make mine a cider! I'll be at my target weight by the time I get there :8855:

Back