Splenda Brown Sugar Blend?

shorty1981

hi i have been looking through some christmas recipes on here and found a christmas biscuit recioe thing is it uses the above ingrediant where can i buy this and what can i use as a sub? thanks x

Yeah, i'd like to know if anyone has found this anywhere. Would be nice to use a brown sugar sweetner.
none of my supermarkets stock it

silverspoon sells a sweetness and light brown sugar one that is free.

Silver Spoon Sweetness & Light, Brown Sweetener^^ per 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

silverspoon sells a sweetness and light brown sugar one that is free.

Silver Spoon Sweetness & Light, Brown Sweetener^^ per 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Yeah i know it exists................ just gotta find it to buy!!!

and our sainsburys dont have it :(

splenda sugar blend is much better than sweetener if you can get it, as it seems ot flavour cakes etc much better and doesnt leave that twang bitterness that normal sweetener do.

However I think it is about 1 syn per tablespoon, although you dont need as much of it as normal sugar.

You can get white and brown sugar blend here in Canada.

Perhaps try online to see if you can source it from anywhere. A health shop might have it too.

I've been looking for this for months now, it's not even listed on the the splenda UK website so I assumed it just isn't available here :( Haven't seen the silver spoon version either but will keep looking! It feels like this is the holy grail sometimes!!! :D

EDIT: I've just found a press release from 2 years ago saying that the brown sugar blend will be sold exlusively in waitrose - has anyone ever seen any in there?

Silverspoon website says ASDA and Morrissons stock it, but not my ASDA and its not listed on the ASDA website either :(

i managed to pick some splenda brown sugar blend from my local 99p store or £1 shop a few months ago - worth looking in there.

1 x level tbsp = 1 syn

HTH

Lyn

I used the contact form on the Splenda website to ask where I could get brown sugar blend in the UK.

This was the response:

Thank you for your recent E-Mail to the SPLENDA® Information Service.
Unfortunately, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend was discontinued from the UK and Irish markets at the end of 2009, due to a lack of demand.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Should you require any further assistance in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Kind regards,
The SPLENDA® Team

Unfortunate. I'd blimmin well buy it now - but wasnt on Slimming world in 2009!

However, I did find this on the ASDA online grocery service, although I dont recall ever seeing it in store

5010067320923_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Silver spoon website says its available in ASDA and Morrisons

Well done i couldnt even find it on the Asda website, let alone in store!

B & M bargains is the only place I've found it. Will buy some to keep in now as it is much better than just sweetener. The best white one is Tate & Lyle light which is a similar mix.

Back