Spoke too soon - got 2nd Dress!

Artyjoe

Tomorrow I am starting a new calorie controlled diet of 1100 a day (hopefully) as I need to lose 12 pounds in 6 weeks in order to get into my wedding dress...may be more than 12 pounds, will know more at the weigh in tomorrow.

The dress arrives at the end of September and I was measured for it at 13.02 and I'm currently 14. :(

I can't do CD anymore so have no choice but to do calorie controlled, as although i really struggle with it, it does shift the weight, albeit 2 pounds a week....which would get me the weight loss needed if I can keep up the momentum.

I have joined Weight Loss Resources which is great for calorie counting so I'm hoping this will re-educate me and help me choose lower calorie options.

I'm also seeking out hypnotherapy as something in my brain needs to be sorted with regards to my binging...but with only 6 weeks to go to the dress fitting, I may have left that too late.

The wedding is on 28th October, so I will have another month to lose the weight, but obviously not being able to fit into the dress when it arrives will be one hell of a disaster and pressure which I could well do without.

If anybody has any help or advice or tips or wants to buddy up, it would be appreciated as to say I'm nervous is a HUGE understatement.

I was mentally rock solid on SS with CD and now I've taken a large knock by having to sop, but am trying to maintain focus rather than binge, which is what every fibre of my body is telling me to do.:eek:

Last edited:
Hi Joe, 12lbs in 6 weeks sounds achievable to me hun and the WLR site is great.. I've been using it for a while now. You know you'll get all the support you need off the bods on here... we all want to see you looking stunning in thet dress of yours:) I personaly am with you all the way hun as I'm on 1000kc per day at the moment and trying to lose 23 more lbs!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS... and together we are stronger than on our lonesomes. I'm happy to be your "buddy" in this journey.

The hypnotherapy sounds like a good thing to look into.. I've a friend who has had this recently and it has really helped her to turn her life around. I am seriously considering it myself for the future.

Sending you loads of positive vibes hun... focus on the dress and how fab you're going to look on October 28th:) :)

love xxxxxxxx

Thank you Mandy, I'm so glad you are having success on the WLR site, I really do think it will help me too. How are you getting on with 1000c? My main problem area is lunches, I seem to eat half my calories there for some reason so need to get some low cal lunch recipies going.

I have spoken to a hypnotherapist in London today and he sounds very good, I've told him i don't want any nonsense, just straight hypno dealing with ways of stopping bingeing, exercising more and lowering my calorie intake..I don't need to know about my childhood and how crap it all was, I know this, I forgive this, it doesn't change the situation, so lets not revisit it and move on...he is also going to teach me some NLP techniques so I'm hopeful that he is on the same wavelength as me.

After realising yesterday that I only had 6 weeks left I got a bit panicked but I do think it is achieveable if I can keep my mind focussed and fingers out of the fridge :)

My long term goal is to lose the total weight, but I'm breaking it down into the absolute essential targets first, 6 weeks being the first.

Had my weigh in today and am officially 13.13, which is great as my scales have read 14 something for months...I'm just hoping that as this was lost mainly on CD that I won't put any on this week...fingers crossed.

If you have any tips/recipies for lunches that would be fab!

Hypno booked

Am going into London to see a hypotherapist tomorrow, he says I may need up to 3 sessions but he seems confident that I can beat my bingeing and emotional eating and says we can convince my subconscious that exercise is a good thing rather than a nightmare!

I'm hopeful and already thing to a degree I'm in the right frame of mind as I argued with myself nad hubby to be tonight for around 40 minutes about whether to have a chinese take away tonight...eventually I did what I did last night when I argued about getting chocolate...had two weetabix with sugar on :D

I am going to see a potential photographer tomorrow at our wedding venue so I'm really looking forward to that and hope that will also add a bit of positivity to the day before seeing the hypnotherapist. He's going to incorporate some NLP apparently so, although I've had this before and it didn't work, I'm willing to give him a chance...I haven't lost my faith in the practice, I just haven't found the right therapist yet.

Not looking forward to travelling into central London though, hope I won't be lured by the goodies on Waterloo concourse.

WLR = fab!!!!!
Hypnotist - oooooh - let us know how you get on - I've heard that if you go with the flow and let them do their stuff, they can do amazing things!!!!
How exciting!!!

I've been using WLR for almost a year to maintain, though less so recently as I seem to be fine on my own so haven't bothered, but then I get enough cals not to worry too much.

Lunch ideas. Are you looking for something cold to take to work, or are you at home?

DQ, Isabel, Mini; thanks for all your encouragement, I'm really hopeful that this guy is going to work wonders for me. I am in the right place mentally so hopefully he can do his stuff and work wonders...I'll let you know how I get on tonight!

Karion: I so hope that I'll be able to say the same as you in a years time, to have lost that vast amount of weight and maintain is really inspiring. I am struggling very much so to keep under 1100 calories, just don't seem to be making the right choices somehow. I do work from home so lunch can be anything in terms of having access to ovens etc, but I normally go for cold foods, and sandwiches just take me well over the calorie mark and ruin the entire day. I'm cutting down on my breakfast to allow for my lunchtime, but feel this should probably be the other way around!

Any ideas would be great... I don't like fish though!

Hi Joe, great to hear you've got an appointment so soon.. I hope it all goes well for you.. I think you've made a good decision to see the hypnotherapist.. the time is right for you hun:)
I'm not to good on meal ideas yet as I'm still on CD 1000 and still having packs and limited food.. TBH I'm not eating as much as I should and relying on packs a bit too much.. this is a biggie for me to tackle over the next few days:eek: Food is a minefield for me and scares me more than just a little!!!:eek: I will overcome the fear a bit at a time i am sure:)
Can't wait to hear how you get on tonight hun... will be thinking about you:)

Love xxxx

I think 1100 cals is quite harsh unless you are in ketosis, which you're unlikely to be. Most people that chose that option make up loads more with exercise. I can easily add another 400 calories doing a normal amount at the gym, so that might be an option.

You may also find you do better on the 1lb loss, but only if you find 1100 just impossible to do. By setting yourself a hard target, you could end up just throwing the towel in and eating way more. 1400 cals is so much easier and you are more likely to stay on track.

Foodwise. I would go for porridge in the morning. It really keeps you going and you'll be less hungry at lunchtime. Buy a bag of frozen summer fruits and add them to it before cooking (no need to thaw). You'll get another portion of fruit in and it will seem more substantial.

If you have any shakes leftover from your VLCD days, use them too. Filling and all calorie counted.

I found a very good bar to use on busy days if I don't feel like preparing lunch. It's called Sero. They do a breakfast one and a lunch one. Go for the lunch one. It's only 40p in ASDA, which is a brilliant price for a whole meal. Only 220 cals, low GI and very substantial. Only a couple of flavours, but I was really impressed with it....especially the price :cool:

Other lunch ideas: You'll find loads of recipes on the WLR site that you can use. Have you seen them? Go into your food plan, click on recipes and you have a choice of WLR, members or your own.

If I found lunchtime was the time I ate more, I would go for something hot. Feels more like a meal to me somehow. Cous cous is good hot or cold. Add roasted veg if you can be bothered. I do extra roast veg for dinner and save some for the next days lunch. Cous cous is so quick and easy to cook. Get the ready flavoured ones for ease.

Quorn cottage pie is good too. You can buy a ready made one (by Quorn) and add veg. It's only something like 176 cals for the pie!

What about pizza? I buy the piccolo by restronte individual ones. Might be a bit big for a 1100 cal diet, but there's still enough if you cut it in half and have it over two days. Loads of salad and some mayonnaise?

I'm also impressed with the Walburtons all in one low GI bread. All sorts of things you can put in that, and hey...it looks like normal bread, so you can share a loaf with the family :cool:

Try to have some snacks between meals. If you only have a few cals, go for alpen light bars. They are only about 59 cals and really nice. Loads of fibre too (you need to aim for more than 18g in fibre).

Don't eat anything on the move if you can help it. Stop, prepare, sit down and really think about what you are eating. Have regular snacks, even if you end up splitting a lunch, really helps as it's never long before it's time to eat again.

Hope there's something helpful there.

Yeah, I'd really love to hear about the hypnotism, good luck with it all though :)! I think you'll hit your target in the 6 weeks, sounds very achieveable, good luck with it all :)

Still here, hypno is fab!

Hi Karion, you didn't frighten me away at all! I actually haven't posted as I haven't had the time to do a full post which I felt it warranted as you gave such a lot of time and fab advice on your message that I didn't feel 'thanks for that' was enough! You really have given me lots to think about and I went out looking for something similar to the bar you have from Asda as we don't have an Asda here...settled on a Nutrigrain bar, I know it has more calories but it seems nutritious and quite dense so should at least acknowledge that I've eaten it. I'm not doing well on the 1100 calories at all, but then i think that's down to the hypno...

I went on Wednesday and spent 1 and a half hours talking about exactly what I want to achieve through hypno, doing visualisation exercises to see how I could go into trance, setting goals for what I want to achieve. We only had time for a 10 minute hypno just to see if I could get into trance, with the focus being on next weeks (this wednesdays) session. It was very odd and extremely interesting to see how my behaviour has changed already. When I got to Waterloo for the journey home I decided I'd get something to eat for on the train as I'd missed lunch and dinner due to the hypno time...I was bemused to notice when I'd settled down on the train that I'd bought water and a banana:eek: My normal would have been a panini thing with a muffin and a cappuccino or hot chocolate, with a bar of choccie as well. What was interesting was the fact that I didn't even toy with the idea of anything other than the banana and water...very strange.

I have missed a few meals this week, not on purpose but because i didn't notice I hadn't eaten...this I can tell you is a first in my life! I have found though that on these days, although i have no appetite in advance, when I eat my 'main' meal it is huge and I scoff it down as if I'm never going to eat again...this is also new, so I'm hoping this will be balanced out more on Wednesday. I haven't weighed myself once since Wednesday, which again, is nothing short of a miracle.

One of the things I said I wanted to achieve (apart from being a size 12) is not having my weight as part of 'my drama'...let my drama be that I've spent too much money on designer jeans or something, not that I've gained/lost a pound. i specifically asked that I don't bother about food and eat like a 'normal' human being, including chocies and cakes, but not needing to eat 6 in a row, maybe just one small pack of Minstrels with no need to demolish three big bags in a row. I did today have a small bag of minstrels, just fancied them so got a pack, took about 30 minutes to eat the pack, savoured each and every one and was quite happy when the pack was finished...and no guilt.mmmm.

I know it is early days and I'm actually a little concerned that I can't seem to follow a diet at the moment, I just don't seem that bothered and I can't visualise food so can't really plan what I'm going to eat, which is also odd...but this is an improvement as normally as I'm eating my breakfast I'm visualising my lunch, and lunch dinner etc. Maybe I'm becoming a normal human being before I actually get to a size 12...but so long as I get there, I don't mind.

I have no idea if I'm going to lose the weight now within 5 weeks, I am just going to have faith in this guy and hope he knows what he's doing and all the little tweaks will be sorted soon so that I can make good decisions about what food i eat. On a calorie controlled diet I know I can lose the weight within 5 weeks, but with the new relationship I'm developing with food it seems the idea of a diet is going out of the window.

i have eaten a banana and nectarine every day though since Wednesday, which is also a complete change around for me...and it's not because i feel I 'should' eat them, it's because I fancy them. It was also interesting that I didn't notice I'd gone down the chocolate aisle in the supermarket until I'd actually left the supermarket, it just genuinely didn't bother me in the least, never thought to stop and check out what I could have.

I am hoping that Wednesdays appointment will really be a positive experience and I'll come out practically sorted, he said he didn't think I'd need more than 3 sessions, which is great news as trogging into London once a week doesn't suit me at all...but it's that or gastric band so not so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Next week he's also going to build in the idea of exercise being a good thing...when i was training to be a fitness instructor I loved exercise, but then I damaged my knee and the very thought of huffing my body anywhere at speed now is not pleasing! Lets see if the cross trainer I bought last month actually gets turned on before the wedding!

Thanks Mandy, Zareena, Mini, DQ, Isabel & Karion for all the support here, I hope my post on Thursday will be a positive one...I have a feeling it will be :)

Good luck on your journeys and thanks so much for helping me with mine x

Bad News...out of interest I weighed myself today and I have gained 2 pounds - eek. I am hoping this is due to the ridiculously huge lunch I had yesterday. My weigh day isn't actually until tomorrow so I'll weigh again then and see what's happening.

I'll wait until I speak to the hypno guy on Wednesday before figuring out what to do as I'm enjoying the feeling of being 'blaze' about my food and it not being a huge part of my everyday life...but obviously if the one huge meal a day doesn't stop then this isn't going to work for me! I've had a reasonable breakfast so am hoping for a very simple lunch and dinner. Fingers crossed it sorts itself out as I'm enjoying eating all the fresh foods and fruit...as is my body, just not the scales.

Umm. That's a bit of a blow isn't it. Bother for you.

Of course, it could just be normal body fluctuations.

I reckon if you are going to give this hypno thing a good whirl, it would be a good idea to incorporate some of the P McKenna extras.

I remember talking to a hypno once about using it for weightloss and he said that it wasn't as successful as hypno for a smoking quit. Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't work, just often needs something more than that to back it up.

Just a thought.

Hi Karion, you didn't frighten me away at all! I actually haven't posted as I haven't had the time to do a full post which I felt it warranted as you gave such a lot of time and fab advice on your message that I didn't feel 'thanks for that' was enough! You really have given me lots to think about and I went out looking for something similar to the bar you have from Asda as we don't have an Asda here...settled on a Nutrigrain bar, I know it has more calories but it seems nutritious and quite dense so should at least acknowledge that I've eaten it. I'm not doing well on the 1100 calories at all, but then i think that's down to the hypno...

I went on Wednesday and spent 1 and a half hours talking about exactly what I want to achieve through hypno, doing visualisation exercises to see how I could go into trance, setting goals for what I want to achieve. We only had time for a 10 minute hypno just to see if I could get into trance, with the focus being on next weeks (this wednesdays) session. It was very odd and extremely interesting to see how my behaviour has changed already. When I got to Waterloo for the journey home I decided I'd get something to eat for on the train as I'd missed lunch and dinner due to the hypno time...I was bemused to notice when I'd settled down on the train that I'd bought water and a banana:eek: My normal would have been a panini thing with a muffin and a cappuccino or hot chocolate, with a bar of choccie as well. What was interesting was the fact that I didn't even toy with the idea of anything other than the banana and water...very strange.

I have missed a few meals this week, not on purpose but because i didn't notice I hadn't eaten...this I can tell you is a first in my life! I have found though that on these days, although i have no appetite in advance, when I eat my 'main' meal it is huge and I scoff it down as if I'm never going to eat again...this is also new, so I'm hoping this will be balanced out more on Wednesday. I haven't weighed myself once since Wednesday, which again, is nothing short of a miracle.

One of the things I said I wanted to achieve (apart from being a size 12) is not having my weight as part of 'my drama'...let my drama be that I've spent too much money on designer jeans or something, not that I've gained/lost a pound. i specifically asked that I don't bother about food and eat like a 'normal' human being, including chocies and cakes, but not needing to eat 6 in a row, maybe just one small pack of Minstrels with no need to demolish three big bags in a row. I did today have a small bag of minstrels, just fancied them so got a pack, took about 30 minutes to eat the pack, savoured each and every one and was quite happy when the pack was finished...and no guilt.mmmm.

I know it is early days and I'm actually a little concerned that I can't seem to follow a diet at the moment, I just don't seem that bothered and I can't visualise food so can't really plan what I'm going to eat, which is also odd...but this is an improvement as normally as I'm eating my breakfast I'm visualising my lunch, and lunch dinner etc. Maybe I'm becoming a normal human being before I actually get to a size 12...but so long as I get there, I don't mind.

I have no idea if I'm going to lose the weight now within 5 weeks, I am just going to have faith in this guy and hope he knows what he's doing and all the little tweaks will be sorted soon so that I can make good decisions about what food i eat. On a calorie controlled diet I know I can lose the weight within 5 weeks, but with the new relationship I'm developing with food it seems the idea of a diet is going out of the window.

i have eaten a banana and nectarine every day though since Wednesday, which is also a complete change around for me...and it's not because i feel I 'should' eat them, it's because I fancy them. It was also interesting that I didn't notice I'd gone down the chocolate aisle in the supermarket until I'd actually left the supermarket, it just genuinely didn't bother me in the least, never thought to stop and check out what I could have.

I am hoping that Wednesdays appointment will really be a positive experience and I'll come out practically sorted, he said he didn't think I'd need more than 3 sessions, which is great news as trogging into London once a week doesn't suit me at all...but it's that or gastric band so not so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Next week he's also going to build in the idea of exercise being a good thing...when i was training to be a fitness instructor I loved exercise, but then I damaged my knee and the very thought of huffing my body anywhere at speed now is not pleasing! Lets see if the cross trainer I bought last month actually gets turned on before the wedding!

Thanks Mandy, Zareena, Mini, DQ, Isabel & Karion for all the support here, I hope my post on Thursday will be a positive one...I have a feeling it will be :)

Good luck on your journeys and thanks so much for helping me with mine x

I have just tried the Nutrigrain bar and definitely do not like them one little bit! Any ideas for anything that I can get in Sainsbury's or Tesco that might work the same as your Asda bar?

I received the Paul McKenna book and CD two days ago but haven't read them yet...what do you mean by 'get the extras'...will i find these in the book or are there other supports out there?

Am off to hypno guy, am a bit depressed as it woudl seem I've gained another 2 pounds...really :( hope he sorts me out.

I don't like the nutrigrain bars either and it's not really a meal replacement bar, unless you swap it for breakfast.

So you are looking for a meal bar? Of course, there's slimfast, but they don't fill me up. Can't find anything as good and as cheap as the Sero bars.

There is another called GoLower. It's 99p though, so more expensive. Not so big to look at, but takes ages to eat because it's so nutty.

To be honest, I tend to make my own lunches but the bars are useful in emergencies.

Good luck with the hypno today though.

Thanks Karion. I have had the hypno and I'm feeling positive. Thanks also for the advice on upping the calories and slowing down the weight loss, today for the first time I have got to 'dinner time' and have calories left to eat!

I think I'm going to try fruit and yoghurts or crispbreads for lunch, keep it simple and boring and hopefully i won't get too much of an appetite for it. I think CD has gotten me so used to bars that I'm devoid of thoughts as to normal food...but intend to start as of tomorrow. I dug out a copy of Rosemary Conleys 'be slim be fit' book tonight so I'll look at a few of her lunches as well...although my hypno guys suggested the bare foot doctor diet book so maybe I'll take a look at that as well.

Am feeling positive but don't think i'll be able to lose the 12 pounds in time for the dress fitting, I can only pray that whatever I lose will be enough to get into the dress nad hope that a few pounds won't make that much difference...where's the living in denial symbol then?

Back