Spooky halloween challenge

Hey guys,

Just noticed this thread. Is it too late to join? I know I've missed a week or two.

I've been struggling recently, but over the last couple days I have been thinking about kickstarting it again, I need something to aim for and xmas seems so far away, halloween sounds like a good goal. I lost 1lb last Mon and I'm aiming for around 2lbs a week, so by halloween im hoping to have lost 8lbs, as I never lose consistantly. I have started exercising this week (not done it for around 3 months, apart from walking)

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
Kimber 5lbs STS, STS, hol
Darling09 7lbs: -1lb, -3lbs.
Nic 10lbs -1lb, -1lb
Diminishingreturns 14lbs -2lbs.
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.
Bren 13lbs = +3lbs, - 2lbs,
LaLaLou (14lbs), -2.25lbs, -2.25lbs
Vodevil 7lbs: sts, -2 lbs,
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Jot 14lbs -1/2 lb
- 1 1/2 lbs
Littlemiss 8lbs

Well I've put 1lb ON this week! God how depressing - I just can't seem to get going again after that bloody wedding! Why was it easier to lose 51/2 stone than these stupid last few pounds????

Updated stats -

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
Nic 10lbs -1lb, -1lb, +1lb
Diminishingreturns 14lbs -2lbs.
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Jot 14lbs -1/2 lb - 1 1/2 lbs
Littlemiss 8lbs

Well, last week was a bit cr@p, but this week is looking much better!

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
Diminishingreturns 14lbs -2lbs, sts,-5lbs.
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs

Nic, you are a fabulous inspiration my dear, and i have a few things to suggest. (you may not want to do them, but i think they might help)

this little bit is the most difficult, because you don't really NEED to lose it, you just want to. i know how this feels, because i am there as well. the first bit that got you into the healthy weight range was easy, because you knew it was necessary. now people comment on how good you look, tell you not to lose any more. you feel pretty good in your new clothes and although you would like to shift that little extra bit of belly or tone up a bit, it's not quite as easy to motivate yourself because the bit that should be the 'hard part' has already been done! (sorry if i'm way off and it's not making any sense, but i'll finish anyway)

what i think you should do is try and maintain for a couple of months. if you can stick to this weight for that long, then your body will get used to the extra calories, and in a couple of months, if you still feel like you want to lose the last half a stone, you can drop your cals and the weight will come off quickly again, as your metabolism will have adjusted too.

i know that you just want to get to goal as quickly as possible, but in the grand scheme of things, look at what you have achieved! 5.5 stone, in less than a year, from calorie counting alone is a spectacular achievement! your brain needs time to adjust to your new body, and if you don't give it that time, you are in danger of regaining (even if it's only a little bit) it's easy to get most of the weight off, and start your bad habits up again. give yourself a little time, nic. re-evaluate what's important. don't spend the next couple of months trying desperately to get the last half a stone off, while simulatenously wishing you could up your cals, that's a one way ticket to binge central!! (i don't know if you have any food issues-i know i do, so i'm only speaking from personal experience!)

you may find that my big load of waffle doesn't apply to you, but i really think if you're struggling it might help with your self esteem to know you can maintain - you've got loads of time to get the last little bit off, and in the meantime you can enjoy your food, know ing that youre at a healthy weight and you look fantastic!

well done nic, you're great :)

rhuba xx

- 1 lb for me this week. Rather pleased as now I've lost exactly 4 stone!!

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.
Vodevil 7lbs: sts, -2 lbs, -1 lb,
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs

Well done vodevil, 4st is fantastic!!
Are you exercising too? x

Rhuba - what a brilliant post! The silly thing is I KNOW you're right - why do I need to lose that bit extra when I've just bought 2 pairs of size 8 (shock horror!!) skinny jeans from Next??? It's silly but in my mind I equate being in the 9's with being 'too heavy' for my frame and 9st 4 could easily creep up to 10st and so on and so on! I think if I'm 8st 10 I've more chance of staying under 9 which is the heaviest I'd like to be but when all's said and done it's just a bloody number I know!! I'm going to see what the scales say next week and take it from there I think because if its sts again I'm obviously maintaining.
By the way what's this judd forum you mention in another post??
Thank you once again for all your support and wisdom!

Brilliant going vodevil too - it's an amazing feeling hitting those milestones isn't it. Well done!

firstly, vodevil you've done amazingly! well done chick!!

nic, it's easier said than done to sort the head stuff out, i know as well as anyone! do you exercise? maybe if you got a toning dvd such as callanetics or yogalates it would help you focus more on what you look like, rather than what the scales say, and that way you'd have a new goal - toning week by week, rather than weighing. at the moment i'm focussing more on cardio and endurance exercise to get rid of the fat (i do do yoga twice a week as well, but mainly for the mental and spiritual balance i get from it) i've just ordered a callanetics dvd from amazon after reading rave reviews about it. can't wait to tighten myself up!

The juddd forum is a sub forum (the one under calorie counting on the main page of minimins) i've always been intrigued, but there was never anyone posting, and didnt want to try it on my own without the support of anyone else. basically it's an alternate day diet. you have an up day (2000) followed by a down day (500) and this keeps your metabolism guessing and therefore retains a good level of weightloss. is supposedly good for you as well, and is more of a lifestyle choice ie. you gradually up your dd cals to maintain. i've been calorie cycling (1500 one day, 1000 the next) so a bit of a watered down version of juddd but it seems to be working so far. if i hit another brick wall i may try reducing the cals to 900-1600 (keeping the same overall cals but tricking the metabolism) i feel like i need to work my way down the the 500 cal mark!

something to think about if you need a way of getting past a plateau. good luck with your maintenance, you'll get there eventually, but i reckon you just need to give your head a little bit of time to adjust to your weightloss - after all, 5.5 in less than a year is still a pretty fast rate of weightloss, and you might not be quite as mentally prepared for it as you think you are. we're all here to vent to though, as well you know :)

(me? wise? it's easier to think rationally for someone else! i think i need to take a leaf out of my own book lol!)

xxx

Rhuba you are great with words :) just wanted to say that :)

Hi Everyone

You have all done so well! I have alot to live up to, as I've been up and down by a couple of lbs for the last couple of weeks, but weigh in today I lost 2lbs and last week I lost 1lb, so I think im back into things, I only used the exercise bike once last week, but it must still have made a difference, I have avoided the demon chocolate all week, but today, i never ate all day, as not hungry, but tonight was at friends house and ended up having a chippy, and ive got a bar of chocolate for later, but i suppose its not too bad as i've not eaten anything else, Im definately more encouraged to exercise more this week.

Nic, you've done so well since the last time we spoke! And size 8 denims....wow I bet you were pleased, I managed to fit into size 10 denims a cpl weeks back and I actually took a foto of the label, I was so shocked! But It was a one off as all other denims are 12/14.

:);)

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs - -2lbs

Well done on the losses this week everyone!

Dimishingreturns - a very well done!

I'm down 1lb this week...so back on track after gaining the 3lb :)

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Sa89 14lbs. +3lbs.-2lbs.-1lb.
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs - -2lbs

I hate exercise dvds Rhuba! Never been able to get into them and I have tried but they're just not for me I'm afraid! I think I may join the local gym though when I've got a minute. I'm still ajusting at the moment to my twin boys leaving home 2 weeks ago and haven't really got there yet! I've still got my daughter at home though as she attends a local university. I work 2 jobs though ( day & night) and my free time is very precious but I suppose that's just me thinking the worse and equating the gym with something I won't enjoy! Hey ho - I'll probably love it (I used to) I just need to make that first step!

Littlemiss you're doing fab! I know better than anyone how you can lose then put on the same few pounds over and over! Well done for getting back on track.

Rhuba you are great with words :) just wanted to say that :)

thank thee muchly m'love. that's actually made me feel really good, as i've just applied for a job where you need good written communication skills! so fingers crossed!!

on the weight side of things, i am dumping the gym scales. they wobble when i get on them, and this week they claim i have gained back the 2lb i lost last week! NO WAY. i am not accepting it. i went round to my mum's house and weighed myself on her scales which said i have STS (better than nothing) but historically they have always weighed me exactly 1lb HEAVIER than the gym scales. i can only conclude that the gym scales are on the blink (or it's something to do with the uneven surface they are on) as there is NO WAY i have gained this week.
so. i am writing STS, and i will be weighing on my mum's scales which are much more consistent, once a week.

glad i got that off my chest. maybe i am gaining and losing the same 2lb every week, but it is so frustrating not to know why, since i'm doing everything right! ugh. my mum said i look as if i've lost more weight, which tecnically i havent, but am glad i look thinner!!

on the plus side my callanetics dvd arrived today, so i'm gona start that this week, and be on the way to a trim and toned new me!

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs, STS
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs - -2lbs

DAMN IT! I had gone to 9,13 all week as i kept peaking and then today i was 10 again!

Vicky 7lbs STS, -2lb, STS
rhuba 8lbs STS, -2lbs, STS
tweetypie 16lbs, -2lbs
Lady_Amalthea 10lbs
Serafyn 10lbs
Wez 9lbs -0.5
Littlemiss 8lbs - -2lbs

Hi All

I've decided to go on a soup diet, I managed to stay away from the chocolate after a cpl weeks binging, but now i've not been eating it and im eating un-healthy dinners again, dominos last night again, soooo I bought loads of tins of soup today and im officially on a soup diet until xmas (I done this yrs ago and worked wonders) Still eating healthy b.fast and sandwich for lunch, one bowl of soup and 1 slice of bread for dinner. For some reason if I eat alot for dinner I binge more at night, but suprisingly if I dont have much of a dinner I stay away from food.

So I'll see how long this lasts, even if I do it for a cpl weeks i'll be happy, I need to get my stomach used to a smaller dinner, once i've done that i'll go back to smaller/healthier meals. Oh and as of Monday i'll be using the exercise bike every day. These last 2 stone are doing my head in!!

:):)

Back