Spooky's Mum........Friday and it's looking good.

sending lots of hugs to you all
kaz xx

So pleased there is improvement hun......the slightest change is such a big step. I went through this, this time last year when my brother crashed his car........its heartbreaking seeing them so helpless.

We are all thinking about you and your family....xx

Thinking of you at this difficult time, I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun ((HUGS)) Vx

Fingers are most definitely crossed for you all x

No improvement as such this morning.
Mum came off the BiPap machine for a couple of hours this morning and held her own which is good news.
The doctors were saying something about damage to her heart but tbh I was expecting that anyway.
Its still a long way to go and still we are unsure that she will pull through.
My stepfather utterly blames himself. I am propping him up at the moment which is obviously something I don't need, but what can I do?
I am exhausted and having a day off from visiting although I have phoned a couple of times today. I will see her tomorrow.

Hope things will improve soon....you're a brick. Make sure you take care of yourself too.
Sending lots of positive vibes to Sheffield....

XX

Mum is slightly improved on the confusion front, but on the whole theres no change.
She has been put on meds to open her airways and her oxygen reduced by almost half.
She was chatty when I went, but the confusion was still evident.

Update
I called the hospital earlier. Mum is fairly bright but still confused. The good news is that she has been off the BiPap for a good 8 hours today [shock] From one hour to 8 is quite some jump!
Obv. she remains critical although we are more hopeful now considering todays progress.
Dd1's ear is still swollen and sore, she has an infection and I am taking her to hospital tomorrow for the ENT's to have a look at it, I just need her not to have to stay in now and that'll make my Christmas. I know Mum won't be home, but Dd1 not having to have surgery will make me a very happy Spooky.

Back