Total Solution Spotty's Exante Diary

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Sat patiently awaiting the arrival of my food boxes... start Exante again tomorrow, and it can't come soon enough.

I feel so turned off by food at the moment, I am uncomfortable and lacking in energy.

I am no stranger to VLCDs having done one in the past for five months, and Exante for a only a couple of months...

Got a total of 3 stone to lose, but would be over the moon to get 2 off...

Got a few toughies this month that I need to get through, probably as 'planned' cheat days - a friend' sbirthday party in mid December and also a minor day known as Christmas.

I am probs a bit mad starting Exante in December, knowing I have these roadblocks in my way; but I do not want to get to January 1st and realise that I am even heavier, less clothes fitting, and I am further from my goal.

Time scale wise, I am aiming to lose 2 stone by end February next year. This is quite generous, but I figure there may be some slip ups, and I'm taking this into account.

I go on holiday in March, and I want to be at least 2 stone lighter and back on food by the time we go.

I "WILL" rock a bikini, I will, I will!

I am not going to go nuts on the exercise front, as I know it can be detrimental - but I am going to continue to keep a 'hand in', swimming most days and also doing Pilates every week.

If anyone else is starting on Saturday, please come say Hi!

:)

Spotty xxx

Last edited:
Hello and welcome hope u have a successful journey :)
Danii x

Day one underway. Had a yummy latte for breakfast, and currently nibbling a choc orange bar.

Getting a bit twitchy, keep almost grabbing something to eat then remembering!! Lol. Will be so worth it though, I'm determined to do my best.

Spotty xx

Productive day gardening. Got a *****in headache right now. Off to a wedding reception in a bit so praying a powernap sees me right. Hurry up ketosis. X

Survived the wedding reception, was really nice to get out of the house. Was made to take a sip from some hot whiskey drink in a cog (or something!), some Scottish tradition. I cheated and just let it wet my top lip and pretended I took a gulp... panic averted!

Got on scale this morning and it said 13st 3.5lbs! Super! Was 13st 7.5lbs yesterday. However, I got on 10 mins later and they said 13st 4lbs. Either way, pretty nice loss for 1 day, will keep me on track.

OH munching toast next to me which smells soooo good. I've got my hot choc, so I'll be ok :)

Have a good Sunday everyone xx

Day three today and coping quite well.

It's my first day at work since I've been back on, so I've got to learn new routines etc. I definitely nibbled more at work than at home - but so far, so good.

I held off having my first shake until noon... just had a green tea with lemon (oh, arghh, just as I wrote that I realised that was a bad move. Dammit.), some water, a black coffee and sweeteners...

Currently having my "breakfast" Vanilla shake. Believe it or not this is the first time I have had a vanilla shake in about 6+ months of VLCDs. I always mixed them with coffee before, right from day one.

It's really not too bad! I'm not a huge fan of the flavour of Exante shakes generally, but vanilla is no worse than the rest. Just wish they were all a bit sweeter... the Lighter Life ones were really yummy in comparison, but probs not as 'natural'.

Getting a bit nervous about my upcoming cheat days/meals...

They are:
Saturday 10th December - cheat day: birthday party with close friends
Sunday 11th December - cheat meal (possibly), but trying to rearrange to be a coffee instead
Monday 12th December - cheat meal: another friend's birthday party
Saturday 17th December - cheat meal: xmas party dinner
Sunday 25th December - cheat day

Because I know they are coming up, I should be able to manage them and get back on the wagon straight after - it's not like a binge where you lapse and feel guilty afterwards - so as long as I keep my head in the game I should be fine.

This birthday parties and Christmas are the only ones that I might be really bad on - mainly because I am not catering for either and therefore can't control the nosh. The xmas dinner on the 17th is at a restaurant so I will be able to choose low carb and hopefully limit the damage. That way I am limited to two bad days, plus one 'okay' meal. Hopefully shouldn't trip me up too much.

Scales this morning said 13st 2.25lbs, which is just remarkable... I never have first week losses of more than 6lbs (that was LL first time around when I was a lot bigger), so if I manage that this time I will be over the moon!

My TOTM started this morning, which usually makes me a bit lighter (weirdly - I think I am a rare exception to the rule!), so hopefully I can continue to lose/stay lighter ready for my WI on Saturday morning. At the moment I am already 5lbs down since Saturday morning which is just incredible!! :)

Hope all of you are doing well.

Spotty xx

Last edited:
Hey DQ, thank you! :) Going well so far.

Day four

Was so tempted last night, OH sat and ate a chinese in front of me (all the nicest smelling stuff too) - I could have cried.

I am so glad I didn't fold though - I am so close to being in ketosis (if I'm not already) and I don't want to make life even harder than it's going to be with my scheduled 'eats' throughout December.

Still not had my first pack of the day - going to try and have breakfast at lunch, lunch at end of day and dinner later in the evening when the dreaded nibblies take over.

I've had a couple of black coffees already this morning, and a pint of water; so that's keeping me full. (My tummy has stopped rumbling but started sloshing, which is a little unnerving!)

Weighed in this morning and my first result was 13st 0.75lbs, which is incredible!! I then had a shower, and by the time I jumped on a second time (just to check my eyes weren't deceiving me!) I was 13st 1.5lbs, so obviously those water droplets were hefty. Lol. Either way, I am thrilled. I've only completed three full days and that's 6lbs already. I know it can't carry on at this rate, but I don't care... just wish I didn't have to eat next weekend. I am looking forward to it, but don't want to put myself back to square one (which I know I will). Nevermind. I never said this was going to be a sprint, it's a marathon - and that's fine. As long as I look hot to trot in my bikini next March ;)

Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday and not feeling too 'brrrrr'.

Spotty xx

I keep reminding myself of how brilliant I felt when I did my big stint with LL. I lost just over 70lbs, and the change in me was incredible. I've only got 42 to go this time, but I know I will see massive changes again, and that really excites me. I am going to write out my goals, and make a plan as to how much weight I think I will realistically lose in December, so I can keep on track. I know it won't be as successful as a totally clean first month, but if I can get to "12st something" and stay there until January, I will be happy. That's only a lb or two away, so then it will just be a case of managing the food sessions and keeping myself in line.

xx

Hi Spottydoris just wanted to say hi and well done, you're doing great :D I'm into my 4th week TS, although I had a break on Friday for a planned xmas meal and I must admit I struggled to get back on track. Done 1 day TS plus nibbles :eek: and 3 100% TS since friday. Hopefully we'll both be in ketosis soon :D
Hazel
x

Hi Spottydoris just wanted to say hi and well done, you're doing great :D I'm into my 4th week TS, although I had a break on Friday for a planned xmas meal and I must admit I struggled to get back on track. Done 1 day TS plus nibbles :eek: and 3 100% TS since friday. Hopefully we'll both be in ketosis soon :D
Hazel
x

Hi Hazel,

Ooh, I am dreading my days/meals off TS... I know I really struggle with getting back on track - but this time I will just have to cope otherwise I will be SO mad at myself! Want to get this over with as quickly as I can. I am so lucky only to be facing 2-3 months of this, HALF of what I've done before - and that flew by!

Well done getting back to TS. I am going to pee on a stick later and see whether I'm in the big K yet or not! :D

Spotty xx

Hey Precious - yeah, I remember your name :) Thanks for the welcome back and keep in touch! xx

Hello thought I'd pop by again and see how your doing .. Glad you are doing well, you will soon be back at targert weight for sure. All the best Danii :)

Hi Danii, thanks for your message and positive vibes :) All going well with me thank you.

Had another tiny wobble last night when my OH decided to make burgers. Seriously, now I'm on this diet he seems to be eating all the nicest stuff. Anyway - I held fast again, and I am really glad I did.

I hopped on the scales this morning and was greeted with a gorgeous sight - a TWELVE at the beginning of the weight. Woo hooo! 12st 13.75lbs, but even so (YEY!).

So, I am fired up again. I'm down 7.5lbs already, and only completed 4 full days. I'm gulping down the water, so maybe that's helping.

It is definitely harder having someone else in the house - when I was successful on LL I was single and cleared out my kitchen and used the cupboards as storage for books and things... literally didn't have anything edible in my four walls. This time around it is much tougher. Temptation is evil and nasty. Lol.

Have a good day everyone! x x

Good to see you back i was doing LL when you were before i've been on exante for about 10 weeks now although the last couple of weeks have been a serious struggle
Good luck to you

Yay in the 12's :) :) what's your goal weight then? Glad your doing so well x

Wow Spotty brilliant losses for week 1! You deserve it. Love that feeling of seeing the number on the scales go down :)

Back