Spring into Summer

Hope the stomach quietened down Mel!

Mine's been growling at me all day too, I'm trying to drown it under litres of water but it's resilliant! lol

Luckily work has been mostly busy today and kept me distracted, no time to slow down and feel rubbish when you work with kids and teachers all day! LOL

It's so nice to have "lunch" hour become a "free" hour too now I'm back on packs! Instead of the usual "walk>shops>walk>desk>eat" today it became "walk>home>LLshake>guitar>walk>desk>smile" :)

Stomach is feeling pretty empty. I can't wait to get into ketosis. I am REALLY looking forward to my porridge in about 15 mins.

Pete - it so good to hear you are in a positive frame of mind!! Its most of the battle!

It definately is Mel, but I'm glad to say I am in the right mind for this! :)

I just keeping thinking about the holiday and then the wedding, and how much I don't want to be feeling awkward as a fat guy in a wetsuit on the beach and a waistcoat-suit in the church!

Plus there's no room for error now, if all goes to plan I should be into RTM enough for it to barely effect what I can have on the holiday, and done by the time it comes to the sit-down meal at the wedding :)

Hope your day 3 has gone OK today (it was day 3 right?),
for me it's always the hardest day!

Hello all.

Am getting exctied about looking good for summer, but am bit worried, we've booked a holiday in 1 months time and I wont be anywhere near my goal - about 1 month before goal really. I wanted to wait til then but circumstances dictated we needed to book it for April not May. Do i take the week off or do i try to do packs on holiday: things is, its not really a holiday on packs.

Any advice anyone??
:sigh:

If you're going to do LL, then do LL, no exceptions. It's still a holiday if you stay on the packs, the only reason to not think it's a holiday is if you use a holiday as an excuse to eat/drink whatever you want and ignore the consequences because "it's a holiday and doesn't count". Your health always counts, and weight gain doesn't take a break just because your thoughts about it do.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but the truth often is :eek: and I speak from experience of using LL to lose, taking a break + gaining, going back to LL, losing, taking a break..... it's a vicious circle and one to be avoided; if I had not taken any of the break I've took then I wouldn't still be on LL after nearly 18 months on and off, I'd have been at goal a year ago and spent the last year happy and slim not feeling like crap for getting fat again.

It's your choice ultimately, but what would you rather do; eat on holiday, probably gain some weight, and find it 100x more difficult to get back into abstinance when you get back (trust me, it's always harder when you are re-starting), or would you rather just skip the meals as you have been doing already, and come back from holiday half a stone lighter and 25% closer to your goal?

If you *do* decide to eat, plan your meals in advance as much as you can; keep it mainly protein and veg, low-to-no carbs, and very little alcohol (better to have none as it's one olf the most awful sunstances for making the body store fats!)

Good luck for whatever you decide :)

Pete - I am on day 3. I havent had a bad day! My little one had a chocolate cookie that she didnt want, and that was the 1st time I had to visualise myself thinner!! I am really looking forward to ketosis though - i fell asleep at my desk last night studying Plato and Socrates. Im hoping this will stop once all the crap is out of my system. How have your side effects been? Coping okay this evening?

Katie - I cant stress enough that you should take packs with you! You can really do some damage in a week! It is also REALLY hard to get back into ketosis once you have slipped (hence pete and i on this thread!) May I suggest a middle ground? You could do LLL for a week. have 3 packs during the day, then a protein meal in the evening. This would mean fish, poultry, Meat or egg with veg as a main meal. You can have spices and herbs, but no sauces.

I have been on holiday and stayed completely on packs. I really enjoyed myself and not having to spend all that money on food saved me a fortune and also came home for the 1st time ever lighter than when i went. The buzz you get from that is incredible.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do x

Hello Katie,
I think you know the answer to your own question really.
Have the holiday, enjoy it, take the packs.
There's always a reason to put this off, holiday,Christmas, birthday, wedding, party etc. etc.
It was amazing to me and many others on LL to find out that you CAN go on holiday or do all those other things without eating food or drinking alcohol - and enjoy yourself as much as ever.............. and
when you come back you will be lighter and feel more confident and be nearer
that dream you are looking forward to.
Good luck.

Hope you feel better soon Mel! Early nights aren't always a bad thing ;)

TBH in all the re-starts I've done I've never really suffered with any side effects (not had much in the way of headaches, sleepiness etc) I just struggle with breaking the habit of eating, especially as there is *always* something going for free in the staffroom, this afternoon I helped out one of the kitchen staff with her invoices using the council website and as a thankyou she brought me in a free dinner (she doesnt know about LL and being both a chef & a quite large women herself she wouldn't understand and would probably be offended if I actually refused to take her produce!).

Of couse as soon as she left my office I put it all in the bin, but it was hard to do it as it didn't look too bad (strange for a school meal! :p ) and also I have a real problem with wasting anything (not limited to f**d but anything!). Still, I prevailed through that so now I know I can do this! and in future I know to pre-empt her thankyou's with an "I've already had lunch" statement!

I've kept my mind + hands busy tonight going through some figure-painting tutorials. I joined a gaming club since my local Games Workshop shut down a while back. Making + painting your own models is half the fun, plus it combines a bunch of my favourite things; strategy games, art, and little geeky toys! :D

It needs steady hands so much concentration that you can't think about anything else! Too bad I can't do it all the time! LOL!

Have a fab Thursday everyone :flirt2:

That's a great idea (painting). I'm really the most least artistic person I know! My 4 yr old can draw better than me.

I have started to save my bar for the evenings, so when I sit down to study I have something to nibble on.

How have your pupils reacted to you weight loss? They must have seen a big change in you!

I don't have my own class as I'm the IT Support, and the average length a pupil stays at my school is 2 terms, so 90% of the kids who are here now didn't even know me until a few months ago!

A lot of the staff are new too so don't know me any different to how I am now. Hopefully they'll notice a real change after the summer break (before I found that people didn't notice day-to-day, but take a week or two off where they don't see you and when they next do they then notice the huge change! lol )

What sort of school is? Do u have a lot of direct contact with them?

It really is a sad week for me this week. My hubby has been referred to hospital with possible skin cancer which I was dealing with. Now I have just heard that a family friend has died.

Trying to keep positive!!

Oh Mel I'm sorry to hear that, hope you are bearing up OK

I don't really do anything with the pupils as I'm "behind the scenes" running the network, the only time I have contact is when I go ito a class to fix stuff or when I help out on school trips.

That's the way I like it though, I chose not to be a teacher despite doing the training for a reason! (only ended up working in a school by chance too! :p )

Hi Guys

three points today:

1) - so sorry to hear your news Mel, i hope you can stay positive. My partner was diagnosed with skin cancer last year and after a few procedures and lots of support he pulled through ok. Lots of regular check ups etc but no-one likes to hear the big C word and it certainly strikes fear. However you're obviously a strong person, you must be looking at your journey on minimins and your threads show that you're a bright and positive person so i hope you can make that work for you both. Hope your week gets better hon

2) - thanks for the advice on the holiday. I have stopped stropping about it and have decided that its packs all the way. Am avoiding all alcohol anyway so that's not an issue, but have decided to tell all the people i am going with that i need their support and encouragement and not to lead me astray!

3) - I am SO stupid. I left all my packs on the kitchen counter this morning and have no spares in my drawer at work so haven't eaten all day and am hank marvin! I've had 2 cups of bouillon and that's it and have 3 more hours before home time - BIG BOO :cry:

Katie - I am soooo pleased with your decision. Well done!! You will feel so much better for it! Thanks for your support about hubby. I'm sure all will be fine, it's just the uncertainty. (i'm sure u know all about that). I always keep a little stash in my draw now, after I did exactley the same thing. It is good though knowing u have a feast to go home to lol

Katie_Dee said:
I left all my packs on the kitchen counter this morning and have no spares in my drawer at work so haven't eaten all day and am hank marvin! I've had 2 cups of bouillon and that's it

Ah, but you are in Ketosis, and so therefore cannot be truely hungry! :D

It's just your mind playing tricks, telling you that because you haven't 'eaten' for a few hours, you 'need' to have something, it's just habit forcing your chatterbox to try and pursuade you to eat something.

Every day so far I've left all my packs until I get home from work and made 2 big 2-packs shakes :cool: So long as you know that's what you are doing there's no need to worry.

It doesn't matter when you have you packs, so long as you have 4 a day, so just look forward to having an "indulge" with 4 packs tonight! ;)

Yeah definitely looking forward to a multi pack feast - am gonna have a bucket of porridge, hehe

I usually have 3 packs by 2pm - hahaha get it all out of the way, I gym in the evenings and never need a pack after a work out for some reason - but will have 4 tonight :D

You're right about ketosis though Pete, last month I would have been starving but although I want a pack its not that bad.

Taking your advice Mel - drawer stash - let me know how it goes with hubby

I just went for a pop in. I've lost 4.8lbs since Monday. Woohoo!!

Mel - My Mum had skin cancer on her leg, Bowens disease due to living many years in the sunshine when she was younger, had a minor op under local anaesthetic a few years ago. She's been fine since.
I hope it's as straight forward for your husband.

Katie, well done on your decision.I'm sure you won't regret it.

Back