Spring into Summer

Stunning start Mel, really chuffed for you. Keep it up, not far to go now.
XXXXXXXXX

Brill News about your hubby Mel,

and for resisting temptation from Chinese food.

Peony, you look absolutely fab. You must be very proud of yourself. Well done :)

Thanks kazza and peony xx

I am really focused on getting to my 8 stone. As soon as I hit that I will have my hair cut and coloured again. And i have some new clothes which I am dying to where, but won't allow myself until I hit that target!!

Hey Mel, Fab news about your husband, am really pleased for you. I had the same thing as you with the chinese this weekend too, went away for weekend with some pals and they ordered chinese take away on Sunday evening.
I'd love to report that they were all jealous of my thai chilli soup and wish they'd never ordered their take away but they weren't and I was the green one.

They'll all be jealous in the summer though when I am a size 10 minnie - HA.

Great to see so many new people join (gosh you take a weekend off...) welcome everyone, this is def a great and motivational thread to be part of.

I have weigh in tonight as I missed SAturday by being away - am hoping for a decent weight loss - will let you know how it goes.

My best friends response to my losing 9lbs...."Your poor heart, you will have a heart attack whilst your walking up the aisle, but hey, at least you can fit into the dress"

NICE!!!

Don't you just love "Best Friends" sometimes.

Is she the 'thin and theatened' or 'large and wants a large friend around' type of friend ? :p

I have had the first type encouraging me to eat large Cream Puff Cakes with her. "It can't hurt can it?" when I know for a fact that she goes onto a strict Ryvita stint for a few days after eating one.

Sometimes people do not have our best interests at heart (excuse the pun!)

Just ignore, onwards and downwards!!

xx

WOW Mel thats an amazing loss!! Well done, you must be thrilled.
My weigh in's are on a Thursday night so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow :)
Hope everyone is having a good week, four day weeks rock dont they!!

another 3lbs for me so thats a stone in 3 weeks!

Kazz - she used to be slim, and I have always been bigger than her. She put on loads of weight after having a baby and now the roles are reversed. She is also on A diet, but a bit unsuccessfully.

Sandrat - well done!! That's amazing. You must be extremely chuffed!

I sadly, fell off the wagon yesterday. I was struggling right from the begginning. I managed to get to about 4pm and I actually had a conversation with myself whilst cooking the kids dinner, which worked for a while, and then I had to go back to work for our month end.

I don't know if it was because I was feeling sorry for myself, or I saw it as an excuse or reward for succeeding in fighting the feeling all day, but once back at work, I fell. I won't go into details but it was not a small fall.

This morning I feel awful, and have got my fat photos and stuck them in my kitchen, car and have one for work. I know I have to get over it and move on, but it's hard to forget about the danGer I gave done now :-(

Hows everyone doing?? Yesterday felt REALLY sorry for myself. Fed up with the same rut. So I went and bought myself some cigarettes !?!? i dont smoke! (I did use to)

I wanted to be bad and punish myself maybe?? it had the desired effect. I felt sick and went to bed lol

Hi Mel

I'm sorry you are having a tough few days. I bet this has nothing really to do with food. It seems like there's an emotional parallel going on and you are punishing yourself for something?
You need to be reminding yourself of what you have achieved.
Think of the positives. Don't dwell on the small blip of recent days, don't beat yourself up.
Remember how you felt before you started LL.Think of all the things that have changed.
Losing weight isn't a miracle solution to life's problems, we still, get overloaded with work, family issues, money troubles etc., but somehow knowing you are in control of your weight helps you get control of the other things too.
Do you think it's related to Peony going on to RTM?
Good luck hun.It's a shame BL isn't here, she always seems to know what to say XX
Hang on in there babe.

I'd like to join in as well, my weigh in is on a Thursday and up until then have lost 13lbs.

My counsellor has been really good , on my second day I felt awful and couldnt keep any of the packs down without being sick and too be honest I was gutted that I couldnt stay on the diet as I was sooooooo motivated. Anyways I stuck with it and have been absolutely fine since then.

I was also a bit concerned about being knackered as I play a lot of golf but have been fine with that even after watching my brother in law scoffing his breakfast and lunch in the car. I had half my bar after 9 holes and the other half when I finished, which took some will power.

Its my birthday today which would have meant lunch with my folks and dinner out with my wife but since we are both on it we're taking the dogs out the shopping. My mum was going to buy me some golf gear but I took the decision to tell her to wait 3 months because they would be too big soon:D

Sorry for the long post as well, they wont all be like that, promise

Hey David,
Well done on your great start. I'm sure you'll do well because your head is in theright plsce and you are already making changes and recognising that our whole social world seems to revolve around food.
Losing weight isn't about denying yiurself treats, it's about changing our behaviours.
By doing something different on your birthday instead of not doing anything - you are on your way!
Happy birthday.
Enjoy
:birthday:

yay another 4lbs gone for me, making a total of 18lbs in 4 weeks! Hoping to have the stone and a half next week. Also asked LLC to measure me and I have lost 1 inch off hips, 2.5 inches from bust and 4 inches from my waist in the 4 weeks!

Yay sandrat - well done you!!!!

well done dave!! thats an amazing loss!!

Back