Square one

Violetwind

Determined
I'm like a broken record. Been doing Slimming World off and on for 4 years now and have really gotten nowhere. I joined in January with 6 stone to lose and I currently have about 8lb off cos I follow the plan then binge etc etc etc. My best mate joined with me and she looks fab! She's now at target (2 stone loss) and is flat out at the gym/walking. I'm so jealous (in a good way). Why can't I do the same. I'm back on weds night knowing I've gained again. I really want to start again and for once be successful but I.don't know how.....anyone any tips please?

Sorry for the long windedness lol

have a hug (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

im you. and im bloody sure for many of us this isnt a virgin slimmingworld journey. ive been in and out of this diet so many times i remember when corned beef was free!!!

i know its easy to say, but draw a line, set a little goal and aim for that.
when you reach that little goal it will give the the momentum to start another little goal and reach for that too.

you can do this, have faith in yourself.

xxxx

oooh and get a ticker.

this little ticker has kept me going more times than i care to remember over the last few months. just watching that go along the line to my target is a real help. xx

Thanks for the hug and the kind words :) I will draw the line...gonna sit down later when the kids are in bed and draw up my game plan lol ;-) I think you could be right tho about the small goals. I need to get my head focussed

I'm like a broken record. Been doing Slimming World off and on for 4 years now and have really gotten nowhere. I joined in January with 6 stone to lose and I currently have about 8lb off cos I follow the plan then binge etc etc etc. My best mate joined with me and she looks fab! She's now at target (2 stone loss) and is flat out at the gym/walking. I'm so jealous (in a good way). Why can't I do the same. I'm back on weds night knowing I've gained again. I really want to start again and for once be successful but I.don't know how.....anyone any tips please?

It sucks doesn't it?

In 2009 I lost 2 stone and then in 2010 I put it back on and then in 2011 I lost 4 stone and then last year I managed to hover arounf the 3 stone mark but then put on a stone and I am now back on it.

Unfortunatley I have no easy answer - it's all about how your mind is at that precise moment that makes you succeed or not.

The only thing I can say is take it slowly but surely and hopefully one day it will click into place. I also started having binges last year but seem to have them under control now.

We will all try and support you as much as possible xxxx

Firstly, don't beat yourself up - eating & bingeing is all too common - we eat and treat ourselves when we feel bad to feel better, and we eat and treat ourselves when we feel good, when we celebrate, when we feel that we deserve a treat - a busy day at work, cleaning the oven, clearing out the junk from under the stairs - you get my drift.

Secondly, don't ever compare your achievements to somebody else's - you are you, it's your journey, no one else's.

Take one day at a time, aim to be 100% on plan and you will see results.

Make yourself some small targets, and treat yourself in a non food related way
How about setting yourself up to lose 7lb, and do something that you'll enjoy -
An hours soak in the bath with your favourite mag, or get your hair or nails done, or maybe (this helped me) I bought a cheap charm bracelet and added a new trinket/bead for each half stone - it's a constant reminder of your achievements and you will want to keep adding those beads !!

As I said, one day at a time, hang in there and you'll be fine
Sending positive vibes

Last edited:
Debridger, the charm bracelet idea is wonderful.
xx

i think the key for you violet is small goals. and try to enjoy it, not endure it.

xx

Yes Rome wasnt built in a day! Dont put too much pressure on yourself, make small goals. And little by little you will succeed. You are only human, but your head has to be in the right place. No one can do it for you, but please keep bobbing on here for support. No one judges you, we have all been there, there is no shame in a gain, its the next step that counts. So lets a raise a glass (of diet coke,water perhaps) heres to a brilliant week ahead for you violetwind. Cheers :)

Hi, I was same situation about 4 yrs ago my friend but the effort in I put the excuses in. I was greedy she worked hard. It's as simple as accepting this is hard work and being prepared to put the effort in. (Not simple to do though ) I think if your prone to falling off wagon then you need a good 2 months of head down and not getting into treat night and avoiding where is possible situations you will come off plan. It's boring but for me giving myself the space and time to develop resistance and knowing plan enough has worked wonders. It's not everyone's approach and you might do better not being so tough on yourself but way I see it is that sw allows for treats, allows to eat well allows, lots of yummy food. So your never really going without.

Maybe list us your trigger points

Is it your partner bringing off plan food to house
Is it Bordem is it going out etc

and we can try help identify a way to deal with them. Set mini goals not always weight loss ones things like
Everyone you want a binge have a muller light and when you get to a count of 10 times Uve resisted treat urself to something small or put a fiver in a tub for new clothes or something you like.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Guys you've been brilliant, thanks so much! Being honest it is the excuses that's keeping me down. One moment off leads to a week. I'm going to try to set a mini goal each week and take all your advice on board. Thanks for being there for me x

Guys you've been brilliant, thanks so much! Being honest it is the excuses that's keeping me down. One moment off leads to a week. I'm going to try to set a mini goal each week and take all your advice on board. Thanks for being there for me x

I'd avoid any days off for a while when you start getting losses and your heads in right place.

Least of all come on her before you binge last week I've had so many wobbles and this site has stopped me doing it.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

anytime.

x

ive been in and out of this diet so many times i remember when corned beef was free!!!

xxxx
That made me :D I remember when tinned macaroni cheese was free, and Sainsbury's instant noodles. *sigh*

I can't really offer any advice other than just keep going. I must've joined SW 30 odd times, and when i joined in August 2011 something just clicked in my head, and I don't know why. Keep going, celebrate every loss however small.

Me too, I remember the tinned free mac cheese, the corned beef. But on the positive, tom puree now free, oxo cubes now free. :)

Well done for the honesty

I have done sw before and it works really well - my trouble I gave up smoking needed to stop exercise due to arthritis and got bored so I ate
but am back with it today
hope all goes well at your meeting tomorrow
H xx

Like most of us, I've been a yo-yo dieter for years. When I joined SW in April last year, something just clicked and I lost just short of 6st in 7 months. During that time I was exceptionally strict with myself and I felt amazingly in control and happy. One binge led to feelings of immense failure and, 8 months and many binges/crash diets/self-deprecating comments later, I'm 2st heavier and feeling just as awful as I did 4st ago. I seem to try to get back on the wagon every week and fail miserably.
Tomorrow, I'm trying again. I think a list of triggers and how to counteract them is a brilliant idea and one I am going to implement. We will all get there eventually X

Back