SS+ tablespoon Veg measure

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Miss Phoenix, 15 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Miss Phoenix

Miss Phoenix Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hey everyone, I have just started to introduce the add a meal option to SS. Finding it a bit tricky to work out veg measurements using a tablespoon? Had some brocolli today and only managed to balance one floret on the spoon and couldnt fit another one it?! (so is one floret the correct portion?)

Also had some rocket lettuce and it just springed off the spoon.
    Any idea of exactly how much veg we should be having in counting terms? e.g how many florets of broc, how many asapargus sticks or mushrooms ect, just so I know I am on the right track.

xx Miss P

Last edited: 15 February 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. duncan

duncan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have 2 small florets on a dessert spoon, with the lettuce i chop it quite small that way it wont spring off the spoon and youll get a better guess

4. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I've never really known this to be honest, and think it's pretty hard to measure so I don't even really bother with a spoon, but then I've been doing it a while and I did used to so I know roughly by looking at it now. I wouldn't worry too much about being exactly precise with it, even if you're a bit over what they intend, it's vegetables and there won't be a great deal of damage in being a little over with them. I think I use 2 florets of brocolli.

5. Zentje

Zentje Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet US (SS)
    Wel I'm starting with the add a week meal this week, and I don't know about the vegetable measurements either. Should u have 2 pieces of brocoli? What is florets?

6. duncan

duncan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    a floret is a sprig of broccoli

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.