Stall :(

thatlittlebit

So I've been lurking around for a few weeks reading everyone's amazing losses :) Well done :)
I wish I was in the same place, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've totally stalled. I had a bad week a week or two ago where I did eat a lot of junk, but I didn't go over my calories.
I can't exercise a lot because of a bad chest but I've been keeping my calories to the right levels, I do tend to go over on sugar (by a significant amount) but it's not from refined sugars, it's fruit, do you hink this is the problem?
Oh if you want to see my food diary i'm thatlittlebit on mfp http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/thatlittlebit - sorry it was set to friends, the password is 1234. (I eat strangely)
HELP please!!

Last edited:
I tried to have a look at your diary hun, but it says it's private? Do you exercise at all? If so maybe you need to eat a bit more to compensate. I'm always over on sugar too! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just reread and realised you've answered the exercise question! What about water intake, are you drinking enough?

Thanks for looking, I've changed it and set it so the password is 1234. I drink tons! Literally an absolute heap, I alwyas have. I really don't know where I'm going wrong. Maybe I should eat a few higher calorie days for a bit, but healthy stuff. I also feel super bloated / sick at the moment but that's been going on for the past week onyl so it's not that I dont think. It's strange, as i've lost weight my stomach hasbecome more prominent. When I was larger my stomach looked relatively slimmer than, me i guess, now it's much more out, if that makes sense.

Gosh so much fruit! I think that may be the problem and there isn't too much protein in there. You need the protein to repair the body tissues and maintain muscle.

I'd definitely try reducing the fruit.

Also try having some protein with every meal even if it's just a bit of cheese or yogurt or a few nuts.

I always find a protein based breakfast, such as poached egg on toast, keeps you balanced for the day.

Having looked at a few days worth, I agree! You could up the protein and reduce the fruit for a few days to see if all that natural sugar is to blame. You do eat a lot!Your body has maybe just got used to the same input and food type and just needs a wee change to kick start your weightloss again. Maybe even zig zag your calorie intake to keep your body guessing? Hope thus helps and you start seeing the scales move again! :)

Thanks for the advice. It's helpful, I know I eat a lot of fruit but if I didn't I think i'd be reaching for the refined sugars. I really struggle on teh protein, I don't eat meat or dairy but do eat fish so will try and get it up :)

tranquility said:
You could use Quorn or beans to help with the protein. Or try ground/chopped nuts in your porridge. Protein shakes are also another way to up the protein easily.

Will look into the protein shakes. I looked in holland and Barrett but was a bit intimidated by them!!

Unfortunately I'm allergic to nuts so that's out. It's annoying because I miss out on nutella!

Get Up and Go is a vegan protein shake type thing, it's a Patrick Holford one I think, in H&B you will find that almost all the protein is whey and the few vegan ones taste like- well- I won't say what they taste like but it ain't good. Get Up and Go although I think it's groos because I don't like shakes, it's a LOT more palatable than the hemp protein powder or pea protein, and blends better. You have to whizz it up with soya milk and fruit.
You can make chick pea curry or bean chili for more protein. Try making rice and peas type meals like a veggie version of the soul food shops stuff. I know it is very hard to get enough protein if you don't eat meat or dairy unless you cook a lot, I have started eating dairy and eggs again in desperation really because I love cooking but can't bear having to cook all day every day, and my eldest son is a picky autistic eater and has to have something different and my youngest son is only a toddler and needed his own dinner so I was making 3 separate things for each meal. No fun at all! But as you eat fish it should be a lot easier.

surfinbernard said:
Get Up and Go is a vegan protein shake type thing, it's a Patrick Holford one I think, in H&B you will find that almost all the protein is whey and the few vegan ones taste like- well- I won't say what they taste like but it ain't good. Get Up and Go although I think it's groos because I don't like shakes, it's a LOT more palatable than the hemp protein powder or pea protein, and blends better. You have to whizz it up with soya milk and fruit.
You can make chick pea curry or bean chili for more protein. Try making rice and peas type meals like a veggie version of the soul food shops stuff. I know it is very hard to get enough protein if you don't eat meat or dairy unless you cook a lot, I have started eating dairy and eggs again in desperation really because I love cooking but can't bear having to cook all day every day, and my eldest son is a picky autistic eater and has to have something different and my youngest son is only a toddler and needed his own dinner so I was making 3 separate things for each meal. No fun at all! But as you eat fish it should be a lot easier.

Thank you so much for this. Super advice :)

I got some whey protein from h and b today, it's chocolate bit tastes disgus on it's own but palatable in porridge so I've been using that and got enough protein today

I'm not an expert on Indian food but there are a lot of curry dishes based on pulses that have fruit in, and are sweet-ISH, I don't know if that would work (I'm more into savoury food) but they'd give you a complete protein in one meal if you served them with rice?

tranquility said:
You could use Quorn or beans to help with the protein. Or try ground/chopped nuts in your porridge. Protein shakes are also another way to up the protein easily.

I use H&B shakes to up protein - I'm veggie plus tiny bit of fish. Protein shouldn't be an issue - cottage cheese, quorn, tofu, nuts, yoghurt etc

I agree with the other reduce the fruit and up protein. I'm about to do similar as weightloss stalled

Lovehatecarbs said:
I use H&B shakes to up protein - I'm veggie plus tiny bit of fish. Protein shouldn't be an issue - cottage cheese, quorn, tofu, nuts, yoghurt etc

I agree with the other reduce the fruit and up protein. I'm about to do similar as weightloss stalled

I don't really eat dairy as I used to be allergic and although I've grown out of that it still doesn't agree with me and I'm allergic to nuts

I started using the h and b whey powder to up my protein, am having it in smoothie for lunch as it disguises the flavour choco banana one today :)

I've made some kidney bean burgers and frozen them and am a lover of those Linda mcc sausages but There's only so many you can eat

After scrutinising what I eat more carefully I've found cauliflower and peas of which I both love have tons of protein

RachBlue said:
I'm not an expert on Indian food but there are a lot of curry dishes based on pulses that have fruit in, and are sweet-ISH, I don't know if that would work (I'm more into savoury food) but they'd give you a complete protein in one meal if you served them with rice?

Thanks :) I've got my protein smoothies as my sweet fix for the day now :)

I'm quite fussy at eating ( many would say that's the understatement of th year) but because I don't eat rice I have quinoa instead which i think is marginally more protein rich than rice.

Thanks for the pulses thing, apparently there's a certain number of amino acids which make a protein and you can get complete ones by combinig foods but I haven't fully looked into it yet

Back