Stalling?

Katu

Hi all,

I've been doing great but the scales haven't moved the last 2 mornings. Totm is over and I've been a very good girl! I know I'm still in ketosis because I checked with the sticks. I was wondering if it might be smoked mackerel fillets as I've had them for lunch both days? It's the only thing I can think of.I've been drinking tons of water.

My menus looked like this

B cinnamon galette
S hard boiled egg
L 2 mackerel fillets
S vanilla mullerlight
D roast chicken and sf jelly

Tuesday was the same except beef meatballs for dinner. I don't think I'm eating a lot but I'm really not hungry.

The only other thing us that the weather here has been rubbish and I've not managed all my walking,( can't wait for my treadmill to be fixed!) any thoughts would be welcome as I don't want to lose faith in this diet!

Karen x

looking aa the menu you are a bit protein light imo......
how long have you been doing the diet ? #It will slow down the weight loss after a little bit so dont expect to lose everyday . You may also find you lose then stop then lose again

Absolutely - for your weight, you're not eating enough protein... I'm sure it's awkward if you're not hungry.

Are you drinking plenty of water? (anything else?)

I'm never sure how much I should be eating!!!

I've already eaten more protein today than usual so I'll see how it goes. I'm also going to make sure I get my exercise.

In case you hadn't noticed I'm not the most patient person lol!!!

Thanks Karen x

Katu - If I were you, I'd weight myself less so you don't feel frustrated if there's no movement on the scales. Also, you usually end up with a lovely surprise at the end of Attack if you only weigh yourself once or twice during that period! :)

Once you get past the initial big Attack loss your losses will slow down to 1 - 2 pounds per week so you won't see movement every day!

Right, panic over, 1lb off. Now I'm just going to try and chill and get on with it!!!!

Thanks for all your advice, I'm still trying to find my way so not sure what to expect :eek:)

Karen x

No worries Katu... why don't you post your menus on the menu thread... and join in general chat on diaries? Would be nice to meet you properly!

Hello all. Just wondering Katu if you've seen any shift yet? Mine haven't moved since Sunday and I'm getting worried now! Have never stuck so strictly to a diet in my life. I want to be rewarded on the scales! Every other diet I usually stall when I get to about 12 stone but I'm well off that. Tips/ advice on a perfect dukan day so I can see the scales shift again please from long term dukaners?

Dr D calls 10 days a stall. I have been exactly the same since Monday, which is unusual for me as I tend to go up and down like a yoyo, but stalling hasn't even crossed my mind. Be patient and good and you will get your reward.

I just saw my first movement downwards since last friday. 1 lb, and I am as happy as a sand boy - because I didn't expect it.

One of the ways I get through the slower days is to keep a note of the *average* daily weight loss. That is, the total number of lbs lost divided by the number of days on the diet so far.

And it's been a loss of one-third of a 1lb a day every single time I have done the sum. That's just over 2 lbs every week.

So now I know that even if I only lose 1lb this week and 1lb next week (and that is how my TOTM tends to go) I will very probably drop 4 lbs the week after!

and POST MENUS!

Hi CIWTI.

I've had another two come off now so I'm very relieved, as it's early days you just want to see it moving!!!!

I think it may have been down to excercise for me as they were the only two days that I hadn't been able to get out. So I'm making a bigger effort now. I hope you get a shift soon as it's very disheartening this early on.

Karen x

Last edited:
Back