Stalling

Hi Emms, just about to post in my diary (Jess' Journey) about progress as I am LOVING consolidation!!! I know the goal is just to stabilise the weight loss, but I'm losing the same almost on Conso and its soooooooooooo much easier. My theory for that though is that I still had quite a bit to lose (if I wanted) and so my body may still think its on an actual weight loss diet.

For me, the big thing is that the obsession and pressure is gone (thus why I'm not on this board every hour like I was on Cruise ;-)

For me, the big thing is that the obsession and pressure is gone (thus why I'm not on this board every hour like I was on Cruise ;-)

Going to agree 100% - its a different kind of pressure, and it takes some adjusting to!

But it's working for me too - and my weight is still - very very slowly - dropping (which was not what I planned, but is wonderful when I consider how scared I was that it would bounce upwards!)

To be honest I am really considering moving to consolidation on the basis that I have had tonsilitis twice this month and the doctor said it may be my diet. He thinks I may not be getting enough nutrients because I'm not eating fruit or a balanced diet :( i really miss fruit but then again I haven't been very good at taking my vitamin tablets recently so it may be that. I'm not sure what to do. I'm eating plenty of veg which I assume is giving me enough nutrients.

Apparently I am 'unlucky' that I have had it twice and he won't give me any antibiotics because it's viral and not bacterial. I feel so low I've now had to take yet another unpaid sick day at work it's ridiculous! I'm sat on my sofa having a duvet day watching Romeo and Juliet, ready to cry lol x

Sorry to hear that you're having another bout of tonsillitis, Emms. Does your doc know for sure that it's definitely viral rather than bacterial? (From experience, I'm afraid that I tend to be a little sceptical of GPs these days.) Unless he's sure about that, it might be worth going to see someone else in the practice for a second opinion, just in case.

But, yes, definitely make sure you take those vitamin tablets, especially whilst you're in Cruise.

Hope it clears up soon! xx

Hi Emma

Sorry to hear you've not been well. It's not easy staying focused on anything when you're really under the weather.

I'm on permanent duvat days at the moment as I was made redundant a few weeks ago. It's quite nice taking a break after working for years - I've had a couple of interviews and I'm sure something will turn up soon. In the meantime I'm chillaxing, spending my redundancy dosh and taking loads of longs walks.

Just to show you how productively I'm using my time, this morning I've been watching The Muppets on Youtube singing Mahna Mahna - check it out.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm off on a hike now. Val-deri, Val-dera!

Mark

Thanks guys. Ive just got into bed and gonna try and get some sleep. Apparently because my temperature wasn't high enough, I didn't have a cough or something and i can still eat. Yes i can eat but it hurts!

But who gets the same virus twice in one month?! Thats what i would like to know. And my neck is swollen it's ridiculous my tonsils are practically touching each other.

And when he said about not eating a balanced diet and how it was unhealthy, I felt like saying that I was a lot more unhealthy when I weighed two stone more! Which would u rather I be? obese or not eating carbs/fat? But it was too much effort to argue so I just let him waffle on.

I don't trust doctors either DD. A few months ago I found a lump on my chest wall but the nurse said 'i'm not an expert in breast lumps but my gut feeling says it's ok' - great diagnosis that was!!!

Sorry to hear about you losing your job mark. I do love the muppets though so that comment about watchin them made me laugh :) - even tho it hurt my throat lol. Wish I could go for a walk but I'm aching all over so really can't be bothered. And I'm missing my bodytone class tonight.

Thanks for listening to me rant :) x

Just to comment on your tonsilitis, did the doctor do a culture? I had the same thing a few years back and the first doc said it was viral; it didn't clear up. The pain was horrible and I couldn't eat and barely swallow. I went to a different doc and he said it was definitely bacterial and gave me antibiotics. It was better within days. I think some docs just don't want to be bothered really...
Hope you feel better soon.

Eek, Emms! That sounds like some of the GP's I've seen in the past. Not good.

I'd definitely go and see someone else in that case. Your doctor may be right, but it's entirely possible that they may just be completely useless.

Poor you!

Haha! It was the walk in center I went to so I don't think they care. I had tonsilitis about three years ago and my doctor told me if I got it again I'd have to get my tonsils out. Clearly the walk in center people don't think that way! X

Haha! It was the walk in center I went to so I don't think they care. I had tonsilitis about three years ago and my doctor told me if I got it again I'd have to get my tonsils out. Clearly the walk in center people don't think that way! X

Nope, I think that what some of the walk in centre docs want is for patients to walk out again and stop bothering them! :eek:

I'd be more trusting of your original doc. Any way you can go back and see them instead?

Yeah but involves more time off work which I just can't afford. Will see whether this has improved by tomorrow. It only lasted about a week last time so fingers crossed! X

Exactly what happened to me. The walk-in clinic doctor didn't have a clue. Not only did it waste my time but money as well. Ugh! :sigh:
When I went to my family doc, he didn't even have to look in my throat to know it was a bad infection. He could look at my swollen neck and awful voice and figure it out. :p
Having tonsils out doesn't sound like much fun but I guess it would be better than being sick like you are...

Sorry to hear you are sick - it sounds like you need to see your regular doctor and get a better dianosis. Even if the original infection was viral the recurrance could be an opportunistic bacterium!

I always dread a lecture from my doctors on my diet - but I've seen 4 of them since I started (3 consultants and a GP) and all of them have been pleased to see the weight loss, and genuinely curious about the diet.

I do tend to present the diet carefully when they ask - I just say "I've cut out all processed carbs, alcohol and almost all fat" - and if they dig further say "I eat fresh vegetables and salad, low-fat dairy, chicken and fish" - and leave it at that.

(The great thing about consultants - they are experts in what they are experts in, and are usually happy to acknowledge that they are not experts in nutrition, or exercise, or other stuff)

I really feel for you... I was coming down with tonsillitis every 2 months, after a few dr visits, I decided enough was enough.

I'm a dentist and looking at my tonsils and others is sort of an occupation hazard! I knew they were not right.
So made an private appointment with the top ENT who was simply appalled at how ulcerated and damaged both my tonsils were! So at the happy age of 28 I had them ripped out!
Best thing I ever did, quite painful, the younger you are the better . All this crap the dr's tell you about "not having them out when you are older" is truly nonsense!!

Go and see an ENT and find out from people who care x x
Wish you better x

I will definately see my doctor if it comes back because its ridiculous that ive had it twice in one month. Ive never had an operation before or even been in to hospital *touches wood* but I would defo get them out as they are tre tre annoying!!!

I do tend to present the diet carefully when they ask - I just say "I've cut out all processed carbs, alcohol and almost all fat" - and if they dig further say "I eat fresh vegetables and salad, low-fat dairy, chicken and fish" - and leave it at that.

That is actually a really good way of explaining it and sounds a lot better than saying, I only eat protein and veg which is what I spurted out at the doctor yesterday. When you put it your way it does actually sound a lot better and a lot more balanced. Thank you :)

So I've been on Cruise for 6 days now. I lost 2 kgs on attack, and have only lost about .7kgs (1.5lbs) in the past 4 days. Seems really slow, and today have been totally demotivated. PP day, and not wanting to eat much, although did manage 2 tbsps of oat with yoghurt & muffins. Some chicken, prawns and a bit of cottage cheese. I think I've just managed to drink 1.5 litres but still didn't feel like it. Is this normal? I'm determined to keep with it, but today has been the hardest so far. HELP!

So I've been on Cruise for 6 days now. I lost 2 kgs on attack, and have only lost about .7kgs (1.5lbs) in the past 4 days. Seems really slow, and today have been totally demotivated. PP day, and not wanting to eat much, although did manage 2 tbsps of oat with yoghurt & muffins. Some chicken, prawns and a bit of cottage cheese. I think I've just managed to drink 1.5 litres but still didn't feel like it. Is this normal? I'm determined to keep with it, but today has been the hardest so far. HELP!

Sorry you are down. Looking at the weight you've lost so far, I think you need a high-five! :D And...you are half-way to your goal!

I lost ten pounds the first two or so weeks and then NOTHING for the next two weeks! :eek: That was really depressing but I stuck with it and I've lost another 2-3 pounds.

DD says initially 3-4 pounds per week beginning cruise then 2 pounds the second half. Wasn't the case for me, but then again, I found out I was eating WAY too much dairy...oops. :p

Back