Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Star Week - confused.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sunshine24, 16 July 2009 Social URL.

1. sunshine24

sunshine24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.03%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Hi all, i have only just learnt what star week is! I am confused as to how this may affect weight loss.

My SW week is from Tuesday to Tuesday, so last week my *star* appeared on Friday and lasted till Monday and then i weighed in on Tuesday. Could my weight loss have been affected by this although the *star* had finished the day before i weighed in.

It was my first week and lost 2.5lbs which i am pleased with but i did think it would be a little more seen as it was my first week.

What do you all think?

thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Some people the * week doesn't affect... like me. Some people, even though they have stuck to plan 100% can gain just because it's their * week. Depends on the individual really x

4. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I normally gain or STS but everyone is different like sarahandmolly says :)

5. kazpeza

kazpeza Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.64%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i always seem to gain the week before,only half a pound but that should of been this week and i lost half so hopefully it wont catch up next week

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can gain anything upto 7lbs in my star week, although there have been times when I have sts. I do loose it again the week after, but you have to prepare yourself for the gain sometimes! Lol

7. sunshine24

sunshine24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.03%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Thanks for you answers guys. I suppose i will have to wait until next week to wi for the second time to see what i would loose on a "normal" week.

Thanks

8. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I find that I usually dont have so good a loss that week, and my consultant suggested to keep a track of it... I noticed I was hungrier and eating more, albeit free food, still consuming more, hence not losing.

Other people attribute a small gain at this time to fluid retention, but Im not sure on that one.

I tend to eat more chocolate at that time too, and may casually allow myself a couple of extra syns. Its easier to accept the STS than to try and not have the choccie!!!! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.