Start Dukan today but.....

thinfor30!

Hi everyone,

I am new to Dukan and having read my book and bought my supplies I am starting today! :)
The only problem is that I went to Holland and Barrett yesterday and bought wheat bran as they had no oat bran. Does anyone know if I take this instead? I will order oat bran online (I am really rural and nearest health shops an hour away) and start taking it when I receive it but I really want to get started today. Also any tips or advice would be very greatly received.

I thinfor30, good luck from a fellow new starter :)

I got my oatbran online, but i have seen it on the shelves at Tescos if you are determined to start today.

I would hold off starting Dukan until you have some oatbran because it is an essential part of the diet.
Good luck.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I just had 1 tbsp of wheat bran today and ordered some oat bran online which will come by tuesday. I've stuck to everything today and don't want to waste a day as I have five days of attack. I had another look through my book and originally oat bran wasn't part of the diet so when I get it I'll incorporate it in (hope it doesn't have too adverse affect). Am feeling a bit light headed and tired but am determined to persevere!

if you're feeling light headed make sure you drink more water and don't let yourself go hungry. You shouldnt really have wheat bran, it should only be used if you have 'transit' issues!

yep you can deff get it in tesco

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm drinking loads of water and looking forward to my oat bran arriving. I wish Tesco was down the road but I'm really in the sticks and it's an hour away!

I couldn't wait until tuesday. Seriously, it will be time well spent to get in the car. The gallettes are very filling and have made this diet very tolerable. (make the mix as prescribed in the book, add sweetener, a little baking powder and cinnamon, and microwave in a silicon cake mould for 3 mins). Once done, I sprinkle with granulated splenda and lemon juice..

Tessa

Oat bran is available from Morrisons (Mornflake oatbran)
I used wheatbran by mistake :-( so I am back on attack from today good luck when you start :)

Got my oatbran finally!! Just had it with a yogurt and feel surprisingly full. Got two more days of attack ahead of me

Delighted you managed to get some. My husband is such a convert to it, and it actually tastes nice.

Tessa

Back