Start today - 7 weeks to Florida

Hey, as you say it could have been worse, at least the mince is protein. Good luck with your weigh in, I'm sure you'll still have a good loss this week:D

Thanks fiestywomen, just getting out of bed to start day 7!!!! Need to get through tonight, as Friday was always Chinese takeaway and Rose wine !!xx

Day 8
Well weighed today and have lost 7lbs. Am very pleased but also a little disappointed as I had lost the first 5 in 2 days. I lost 8 in my first week of cd 5 years ago. Am thinking that exante might be a bit slower than cd as it's slightly more cals and carb content, but I can live with that as it tastes so much better !!! I've got another full week if TS and a family party / BBQ next weekend where I will need to stay in control !! xx

Hi Moonie. Oh Super Well Done You!!! I am so happy for your loss and the effect it has on you. You will only get better from here on. I have no doubt you will achieve your goal in absolutely no time.

I have not been too bad. Having had a totm week and day 6 off plan I had a loss of 4lbs. I suspected not to lose anything, because I was bloated all week. I did try to drink lots of water though. Day off again today,but from Monday I am back on it.

Good luck with another 100% week. Will keep monitoring. Have great day. XX

Day 13 !!!
Still sticking to it but one small blip involving a chicken Kiev last night!!!! Came home starving after work then had taken my son to his piano lesson. By this point I was ready to eat my arm having had my bar at 1pm, it was now 8pm. Walked into the kitchen and spotted the Kiev sitting on a baking tray - who's that for I asked, oh it's Alfie's ( my other son) but he doesn't want it. I picked it up and ate it, how bizarre, I'd been 100% and hadn't really been tempted too much. Looked on the packet, 280 cals so not a disaster but all those breadcrumbs!!! Well, back on the straight and narrow today, weigh in on Saturday !! xx

Yay well Done for stopping just at the Kiev I usually find it an excuse to raid everything in sight..good luck for wi on sat x

Ooh I'm going to be following this diary - I'm off to Florida myself in two months (I'm also tying the knot out there).

I'm sure at worst there'll be some water retention from the extra carbs in that chicken kiev, but it'll probably be gone again in time for your weigh-in. :)

Thanks guys - back on track today!!! Got a family party back up north on saturday and we are travelling up on Friday night. Taking bar with me for breakfast sat and sun morning. Party is a BBQ, so am not touching any food carbs but will have wine !!!! Just hope there isn't too much damage. Just realised I am going to have to put my scales in the car so I can weigh in on Saturday morning. Only 5 weeks on Tuesday til Florida Ilovebiochem, saw lots of brides when we were there 2 years ago walking round the parks in the Micky ear veils !!! Oh and I've had terrible indigestion, I think it's the tesco flavoured water, I love it but it's really repeating on me, anyone else had the same problem ?? xx

Day 16
Well just weighed myself after my weekend away, lots if wine but not too mad on the food. Am 2 lbs heavier than I was on Saturday Morning - so not too bad I suppose !! So this Saturday weigh in I'll probably stay the same :( we'll see. That's it now, no more social events until my holidays so I'll be good x

Well I've been rubbish keeping up with this diary !! Am still here and due for week 4 weigh in tomorrow. Had a good start, 7 in first week, 5 in second. Week 3 had a weekend away so STS, hoping for at least 4 lbs tomorrow. I can really tell now in my clothes and am feeling so much happier, my face isn't like a big round football anymore !! Florida is 3 weeks on Tuesday. Want to lose another 12lbs before I go. If that happens I will have started at 14 5 (oh my bloody god) and go away at about 12 5, although it would be nice to be a bit less - I was hoping to be just under 12. After the hols, it's straight back to exante !! I fully expect to put at least 10lbs on when away ( we went 2 years ago and I put about half a stone on ) but coming straight off this diet and eating, I fear it will be more. Hope everyone us doing well xx

What is going on !! When I was on CD I had awful trouble going to the loo!!!!! I've been fine on exante, no probs at all. Now into week 5 and haven't been to the loo for 6 days !!!!! Help x

Hey Moonie
Just read your diary and we could be twins
I am 5'2 1/2'' previously went from 12.3 to 9.10 on LL and then piled it all on (whilst doing an up or down weight yoyo) to when I started Exante this time and I was 14.4 1/2 aiming for 9.7 :)
Glad you have started so well :) Good luck!
Oh and btw I had the same problems loo wise, the going too much goes away very quickly and you are left with the bunged up thing. If you still haven't gone tomorrow take something to move it, most take dulcolax I think, I take senokot and psyllium husks from holland and barret are great to stop this happening in the first place, they keep you regular, they are also VLCD friendly lots of people take them.
Hope that helps.

Thanks so much dustqueen, will go to Holland and Barratt tomorrow. Managed to get by on cd by adding the fibre but was sooo much better on exante til now !!! yes we are the same, separated at birth - lol !! Where are you now with weight loss? I haven't shifted since my weigh in on Saturday, so not too happy, half the week and no loss - maybe things will be better after I go to the loo xx

Moonie said:
Thanks so much dustqueen, will go to Holland and Barratt tomorrow. Managed to get by on cd by adding the fibre but was sooo much better on exante til now !!! yes we are the same, separated at birth - lol !! Where are you now with weight loss? I haven't shifted since my weigh in on Saturday, so not too happy, half the week and no loss - maybe things will be better after I go to the loo xx

I was at 12.9 1/4 this morning which was the first day after a few weeks off. Had just got into the 11s a few weeks back so hoping to be back there soon :)
Yeah I find when the scales don't move it is either lack of movement or totm :) so hopefully you'll have some movement soon in more ways than one :)

Well very disappointing week!!! My own fault really. Was good and 100% til Friday when I went on an away day with work. Ate burger (with bun) and salad, then went to neighbours nail party on the evening and had nibbles of crisps and drank a bottle if rose wine!!! So the result is I've STS. So now only 2 weeks to go til my hols. So that's it now, am aiming for 7lbs in the next 2 weeks. If I do that it will be a 24 lb loss in 7 weeks x

Moonie said:
Well very disappointing week!!! My own fault really. Was good and 100% til Friday when I went on an away day with work. Ate burger (with bun) and salad, then went to neighbours nail party on the evening and had nibbles of crisps and drank a bottle if rose wine!!! So the result is I've STS. So now only 2 weeks to go til my hols. So that's it now, am aiming for 7lbs in the next 2 weeks. If I do that it will be a 24 lb loss in 7 weeks x

Fantastic, good luck with that :)

Back