Induction Started and hope this time it will work....

I see where you are coming from, there are a few really good websites with recipes on, google it and I'm sure you will be able to create something :)

Give the soda stream stuff a go, if you are losing quite steadily at the mo and keep losing then you are safe! I'm not losing so need to stay away from everything lol! (Not that I'm managing!)

The support is good in here, helps keep up on track :)

I see where you are coming from, there are a few really good websites with recipes on, google it and I'm sure you will be able to create something :)

Give the soda stream stuff a go, if you are losing quite steadily at the mo and keep losing then you are safe! I'm not losing so need to stay away from everything lol! (Not that I'm managing!)

The support is good in here, helps keep up on track :)

Oh, I am sure you will manage to start loosing it, it's just based on your face you are not really huge like me, so for you it's more difficult. I am at circa 260 pounds, so loosing first pair of kgs is much easier....I also made a rule for myself not to weight every day - the weight really fluctuates and seeing some pounds back discourages you and makes cheating easier - hence trying to do it every 3 days or so...

Good luck with the IVF you've got a great motivating factor. You can do it!

Well, it looks like I will need to change a diet :( Atkins stopped working for me - over two weeks only gained almost 2 kilos back :( Was so upset, had been on a business trip for a week, refusing myself in all those fancy, paid by a company meals and sticking to grilled meats, veggies and eggs. Upon return - only upsetting news....At this pace will not be able to achieve my goal in two months. Will be researching on other options....

Well, it looks like I will need to change a diet :( Atkins stopped working for me - over two weeks only gained almost 2 kilos back :( Was so upset, had been on a business trip for a week, refusing myself in all those fancy, paid by a company meals and sticking to grilled meats, veggies and eggs. Upon return - only upsetting news....At this pace will not be able to achieve my goal in two months. Will be researching on other options....

Just a thought but maybe you ate consign too much protein, not enough fat or carbs....... Do you log your calories? Do easy to go overboard. Talking from personal experience :)

Hi teeney, I can't be 100% sure as while on business trips and limited time have to rely on eating outside so not always know what exactly on my plate. But, the usual day looked like:
Breakfast - 2 spoons of scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, mushrooms, 2 sausages (might have higher carbs count but thought can't be too much in 2 narrow ones), raw cucumbers and cup of coffee (black no sugar or substitute). A bit heavy, but knowing lunches might be a problem was trying to fuel myself for a day.
Lunch - one catering salad - stuck on tuna or smoke salmon ones without sauce to be on the safe side, no potatoes etc
Dinner - grilled steak or salmon fillet with salad, once had a beef carpaccio and once a seafood soup (this might have been a problem, but there was no other option available as we were in the middle of the road)

So, even though I can't guarantee that I followed the diet precisely I think it was very close...

Hi teeney, I can't be 100% sure as while on business trips and limited time have to rely on eating outside so not always know what exactly on my plate. But, the usual day looked like:
Breakfast - 2 spoons of scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, mushrooms, 2 sausages (might have higher carbs count but thought can't be too much in 2 narrow ones), raw cucumbers and cup of coffee (black no sugar or substitute). A bit heavy, but knowing lunches might be a problem was trying to fuel myself for a day.
Lunch - one catering salad - stuck on tuna or smoke salmon ones without sauce to be on the safe side, no potatoes etc
Dinner - grilled steak or salmon fillet with salad, once had a beef carpaccio and once a seafood soup (this might have been a problem, but there was no other option available as we were in the middle of the road)

So, even though I can't guarantee that I followed the diet precisely I think it was very close...

Yeah nothing jumps out as being iffy, I'm not losing weight (put all that I lost back on by eating nasties for 1 day!) but sticking with it.

Are you drinking plenty of water? Maybe give it another week back home, make a myfitnesspal account and log every morsel of food that passes your lips, you may be surprised.

Oh, I am feeling for you. It's like a roller coaster - all those up and downs. While on a business trip we had this tiny slender girl in the local team at our workshops, she was munching all the time: huge bars of chocolate, croissants and cakes - and she is like size 0. Looking at her I was wondering how one can have such levels of metabolism while some struggling eating a quarter of all those calories...It's so easy just to give up at certain times. My luggage was lost upon arrival, plus no weight loss - was really feeling like reaching for a sweats box or something, if not for my husband would probably derail...

Well, I will give it a go for at least one more week while at home, really like that it allows me to indulge on meat (I am a meat lover:) ) but if I am not able to return on track afterwards switching to a combination of calorie counting and 5:2 fasting.

I know how you feel when you are trying to lose and the weight refuses to come off. Stick with it and try a little exercise if you can, it does make a difference and will give your body a bit of a metabolic shake up.

Have you taken measurements? Are your clothes feeling slightly looser? Just thinking of other ways in which you might have lost?

I was once the girl who ate everything she wanted, till I had my children :-/ stick at it chick x

I know how you feel when you are trying to lose and the weight refuses to come off. Stick with it and try a little exercise if you can, it does make a difference and will give your body a bit of a metabolic shake up.
Thanks for the support. Yep, exercise helps, time is a problem for me though. Gained my first 10kg long time ago when stopped my regular step sessions due to varicose and struggling to return to the regular training ever since...

Hi Galathea,

just wanted to say hi as I'm starting Atkins tomorrow and in a similar situation. I have to get my Bmi down below 30 in the next two months or they won't let me commence IVF treatment.

i lost two stone on it a few years ago so I'm hopeful of a good result this time.

Fingers crossed for both of us :)

Hi Galathea,

just wanted to say hi as I'm starting Atkins tomorrow and in a similar situation. I have to get my Bmi down below 30 in the next two months or they won't let me commence IVF treatment.

i lost two stone on it a few years ago so I'm hopeful of a good result this time.

Fingers crossed for both of us :)

Hi Jonsgirl80! I am sure if you've done it once you will do it again! 2 stones sounds wonderful. Besides you don't have to loose as much as I do - am really huge :( so will probably go private as they are a bit more relaxed. My clock is ticking so can't really wait anymore longer. Good luck and keep in touch! We can do this!

Thanks,

i know what you mean about clocks ticking - I'm 33 and because of our problems they've said our chances of success will reduce to almost zero by the time I'm 35 - it's an awful feeling.

i'm due to go back and see the gynae soon and if I haven't lost a significant amount of weight by then they won't proceed any further with our case as the chances of success are not high enough to make it viable.

looks like you've made a good start though so hang in there - last time I had weeks when I didn't lose anything or even gained a bit and it's so disheartening but some weeks I lost 5 or 6 pounds and it didn't take me very long to reach my goal weight overall so I'm sure you'll do well.

fingers crossed for us both :)

Expanded my shopping list today to get some variety. Those diet things don't come cheap - 5 pounds for the small pack of flax flour or a can of coconut oil? Where do you usually buy those? Also, bought some Splenda though somewhat afraid to start introducing serious desserts into the diet...Maybe, will wait for another 2 weeks or so. Is Mascarpone allowed?

Just see how you go when you way in - I've always been fine with the Atkins bars but I believe they do stall some people

Back