Started at 268lbs!

cornishkez

Gold Member
Morning all, here I am...back starting yet another diary, for yet another shot at this weight loss thing! Somewhere for me to waffle!

Day 1 = Was yesterday and my starting weight was 261.7lbs. Not quite my all time high of 268, but not very far off!

I'm not being hardcore and SS'ing, just dont think it's achieveable at the minute for me. Not quite enough motivation or will power, so I figured 810 was better than nothing :)

Day 2 = Today, back at work. Gonna be a very long day! Was awake at 4.30am listening to the roof shaking in the wind, wondering whether it was still going to be there when I got up. My boss is in a right grump....which means I'm going to be getting my head bitten off all day. Never mind, I'm sure I'll be returning the favour by the end of the day when Day 2 headaches kick in :rolleyes:

Have signed up to the Biggest Loser Challenge and am really looking forward to a bit of healthy competition. Will be tuned in to the TV tonight as well. Watching UK and sky +'ing US. Or vice versa!

Have a nice day everyone! :D

Hmmm, I'm getting the hot flushes...anyone else get them when they're heading into Ketosis? My face feels like it's on fire, while the rest of me is freezing. Im so lucky I start going into Ketosis quickly....usually by the end of Day 2. But seeing as I'm doing 810, I am expecting it to be more like Day 3 or even 4?! Maybe not at all....god I hope that doesn't happen!

Welcome hun!

I started on 810 aswell before SSing, I think its the best way as it helps you cut down before completely cutting food out so you get less cravings, my losses were less than 2lbs difference to when I started on SS so I think you will be fine! And you're very lucky to get into keto so early so I don't think you will have any trouble on SS.

Good luck x

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!! I'm on day 1 and was wondering what the average timing was for a body to go into ketosis??

Thanks Lily x

Most people find it between 3-4 days but everyones different, theres a few signs you will notice when you start going into ketosis. Headaches, bad breath, white specks in your urine and you shouldn't feel hungry anymore, not everyone gets all those symptoms though. You could get some ketosticks which will tell you if you are but they are not 100% dependable either, best chance of a good reading I found is first thing in the morning before your, eh hem, 'sample' is too watered down.
Sorry for rambled abit there but I hoped it helped a little!
Anything else you wanna know just ask x

Well onto Day 4! I was sure I was heading into ketosis last night (and I probably was) but think my evening meal is maybe a bit excessive. I've totted up everything I have been having each day and I am around the 900-950 kcal mark?! So over the 810 I was planning, but not over the 1000.

Carb wise, I am averaging around 80grams a day? Which seems like quite a lot...I think maybe I need to drop the evening meal portion size down a little! Either get back into the 810 bracket, or drop a product and aim for the 1000?! That said, I am going into Day 4 just fine....and the scales are dropping, so maybe I just keep sticking with it until I find the scales aren't moving? I'm having my 3 products, so I'm covered in that sense.

I've bought some of the spag bols to have a work, mix it up a bit, they are proper scrummy! And I'm out of porridge now....boohoo! I love the maple & pecan one!

I can't go back to my old CDC cause I've burnt that bridge messing around. And the next nearest one won't be as slack as her and will want forms signed by docs as my BMI is over 40 :(

Luckily I've got enough left overs to keep me going for a couple of weeks and I'll have to re-assess the situation then. I did have to throw out a load of Tetras that were out of date though...gutted!

Here's to another good day, hope everyone else is ploughing on?!

I wouldn't cut out the products I'd cut down on the meal and try to make it 810, will probably easier to do after the first week. I found when I was eating a meal on 810 it made me hungrier! So switched myself to SS and just have the 3 shakes a day, I'm just over 40bmi still though.

I think you should just contact your original CDC, will be hard at first but I'm sure she will be fine with you! I imagine alot of people are in the same boat as you and CDC's are used to it. She will probably just be happy you are going back on the diet! She will understand it's not always easy to stick to so give her a try :)

Hey Kez just found ya diary whoop whoop :)

Was your old medical form signed by Gp? You have 6 months from your last official weigh in to move it to new consultant, if not bite the bullet and see your old consultant, I was proper ***** to mine last feb, messed him around (as we do lol) then kicked off when he forgot my weigh in, but I swallowed my pride and gonna prove I can do this to him.

Just a thought chick, the cdc are used to people like us as such a hard diet and you know what?? We will prove them wrong, so might be worth an email :) xxx

Ive never been to the docs. My old cdc would just let me on even though my bmi was over 40. Naughty naughty! But I wasnt complaining.

Am not in ketosis and fell off the wagon this evening! Line drawn and we'll start afresh tomorrow. Plenty of water and will attempt an SS day to get me back on course.

Got a hectic weekend as preparing to move the neddies. They move next weekend to new fields, but need to spending this weekend sorting and fencing the boundaries. Got about 70 wooden posts to ram and about 1000m of fencing to fix up....fun! Then next weekend we move...yay! Cant wait to get off the livery yard and back onto my own land! Nothing *****ier than a horse rider so my other half tells me! Lol

Right must go to sleep, too many late nights.

Right have wasted yet another week fanny arsing about! Not hit ketosis properly yet.

It is officially 6 months until my wedding! That is a potential of 6 stone that could be gone...if I pull my finger out!

None of my clothes fit...im bursting out of all my trousers, coats etc. Need to crack on with this...it isnt that hard, its not forever, its only me and my mind games stopping me!

Come on Kez...... lot's to look forward to hon your wedding.. once you get the first week behind you you will be rocking..

all u can do is take it day by day.. hon :) I totally understand this diet is hard.. but there results are waiting for you Kez..xx :) best of luck
come on bride to be xx

Aw come on you can do it! You got 6 months, use them to get that potential 6 stone off and just keep thinking what a stunning bride you'll be x

Hi Cornishkez how are you getting on!

Im in a similar situation and back here starting again with 8 stone to loose, when the first time i did it was 4 1/2! I've started ss though as I have a holiday in march that I can not and will not go to lookin/feeling like this! It is so hard getting back on and it's even harder at this time of year I think after having just gorged at Christmas.

Bite the bullet and go back and see your CDC it really will help, as hard as it will be having to go back after the initial awkwardness it will then be all A ok and they can help you get further along your journey!

After 4 weeks of being out of ketosis i am forgeting how hard it is going to be getting back in to it , dont officaly start cd till thursday but ive got some LL packs left CD lady has told me to start them now so my bmi is under 40 and i dont need to get any docs letters done , so tomorrow it is roll on ketosis xx

Evening all... Was very good today food wise, 3 packs and a cheese string. But not enough water, nowhere near enough.

Was looking forward to another good day tomorrow, but my gran asked me to go around for tea. Im cooking her tikka massala and egg fried rice. I cant not eat, so I expect I'll have a chicken omelette.

Well a good day so far, 2 big coffees, a litre of water and a product down. Dinner at my grans tonight, cooking for her and my sister...tikka massala and egg friend rice. But I will be having a small chicken and mushroom omelette.

First weigh in tomorrow, had a few days off track, but hoping my good days back on track will have turned the scales back in the right direction :)

Urgh...day 2 headaches kicking in. About to go for my 8TH wee of the day....feeling a little bit silly now :)

Back