Started today.....

AMW

Afternoon All,

I have had a scan through the Exante forum and see the majority of you are woman so I feel slightly out of place haha.

I have started Exante today after the packs arrived this morning - so far so good and I have enjoyed the Choc Orange bar and a Vanilla shake.

One thing though the carb intake seems relatively high but ive heard it does allow you to go into Ketosis

Various sites say you need to eat less than 20-30g carbs a day but the bars have around 20grams not including the soup and shake.

Anyway currently 6ft 3 and 260 pounds so want to get down to roughly 210-220. I want to do this in roughly 12-15 weeks.

Is this acheiveable?

Any hints and tips welcome.

You'll be fine with that - men always seem to lose weight easily on this kind of diet! x

I think my main weakness is alcohol, after a busy week in work I always tend to go out on the Friday with work friends and have a few drinks. My plan is to now drive to work on the friday so I have the excuse that I have the car so I can't drink.

Plus Saturdays are a killer for me but I have spoken to my boss and he is allowing me to work Saturdays for the forseable future (Double time). So thats a good result. Keep me out of the pub as well.

I think once you've seen the first week's loss that alone will spur you on! I'm hoping anyway, am only on my second day myself and also like a few drinks at the weekends... I don't mind cutting it out though until I reach my goal! :) Best of luck with yours x

There are some men lurking around here :)
The diet is great, as a man you will lose really quickly (probably why there are no men here as they are all skinny by now)
Good luck

Yesterday morning I was 261.2 pounds. I decided my scales needed updating and I bought a new pair lastnight and weighed myself again this morning and it's down to 258.2 pounds.

3 pound loss in 1 day. Either last scales were on there last legs or I have shifted some water weight in 24hours.

Not bad

Absolutely possible AMW! You're a man so you'll lose faster, I have a lot less to lose and I've lost 4lbs in 2 days of 100% TS x If a 3lbs loss does't inspire you to keep going I don't know what will! :) Lucky thing!

That's awesome AMW! It's nice to have a man around. :) I'm confident that you'll reach your goal in no time! Good luck :D

I'm male and doing this. Had great results - 6'1" and about 18 stone down to 15 stone in about 3 months.

I'm now on working solution as I've had a few gout occurrences which I'm pretty sure are down to the diet (and not just dehydration) and we'll see how it goes. It does warn you in the leaflet and I've had it once before starting this so not totally shocked.

just came back off a week of eating what I like on holiday and what I've realised it that this has really taught me about the role carbohydrates play in things. I put on 2kg in that week which really isn't too bad. Now I'm doing a lot of exercise (I allow myself a vaguely healthy meal if I exercise that day with the deal that I can skip the exercise if I'm happy to have just a milkshake for dinner.....never happens!!)

I still weigh myself twice a day but stress less about the results - now its about clothes sizes and being healthy. One thing which always worried me was that people I know who've done this often seem a bit "wasted away" and thin - they lost the weight but seem to have no muscle structure either - so regular exercise was important to me.

Also re the pub - I don't go that often but I have pints of water when I do. Its a bit weird when ordering but actually its fine with mates who mock me for it but then we chat as usual.

Good luck with this - the first week is the worst so just get through it. Get into a routine, find the things that help you get by and just treat each day as it comes. The results will keep you motivated but you need to give it a couple of weeks to see how fast this works.

What sort of exercise did you do in the first couple of weeks?

I am dealing with the pub okay I have refused twice this week already and going to go to cinema with the missus tomorrow night. The footy season is drawing to a close anyway so thats a big plus.

Afternoon All,

I have had a scan through the Exante forum and see the majority of you are woman so I feel slightly out of place haha.

I have started Exante today after the packs arrived this morning - so far so good and I have enjoyed the Choc Orange bar and a Vanilla shake.

One thing though the carb intake seems relatively high but ive heard it does allow you to go into Ketosis

Various sites say you need to eat less than 20-30g carbs a day but the bars have around 20grams not including the soup and shake.

Anyway currently 6ft 3 and 260 pounds so want to get down to roughly 210-220. I want to do this in roughly 12-15 weeks.

Is this acheiveable?

Any hints and tips welcome.

You are right, the carb content is quite high. Most low carb diets require less cabs than Exante provides but don't forget, this is a low calorie diet first and formost so you will lose weight on that alone.
Personally for me, I think the carbs were too high as my losses on Exante were not as good as when I have been on other lower carb/cal replacement plans. However, having said that, lots of people here have had great success on it....you can but give it a whirl!

Hello and welcome! Men usually do very well on this diet :) Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Day 3 and no slip ups.

Not hungry today at all, had to force my shake down this morning. I have only ate half my bar so far. Couldn't eat anymore.

Feel really dizzy today and the odd case of blurred vision.

Stick with it AMW!!! X This diet really REALLY works!

Is it common not to go to the toilet and not do a number 2? Not done this since I started. Thinking about it I've only ate liquid and a few bars so not sure...

Day 3 and no slip ups.

Not hungry today at all, had to force my shake down this morning. I have only ate half my bar so far. Couldn't eat anymore.

Feel really dizzy today and the odd case of blurred vision.

Sometimes it is difficult to eat the bars or drink the shakes when you are not hungry, but you still have to, especially if you are feeling dizzy :eek:
Are you drinking enough water ?
I found that drinking more solved a wee dizzy spell :)

Is it common not to go to the toilet and not do a number 2? Not done this since I started. Thinking about it I've only ate liquid and a few bars so not sure...

Because you are not consuming as much food, you dont go to the toilet as much.
Having said that, I had the opposite problem :eek:, and I now take psyllium husks.
From what I understand, they help if you have the runs, or are constipated. So, a real all rounder in the toilet department ;)
You can buy them in Holland and Barret, or other health food shops, in either capsule or powder form.

Good luck AMW
Marge
:D

Scales are in hiding till Thursday. Had a peek this morning just to check they were heading in the right direction.

Down 6lbs in 3days. That's without a bowel movement haha

Back