Attack Started today

Bibaloo

Hello all!
I'm 33, 5ft 9 and weigh 12st7. I've been feeling utterly miserable but I've failed on half a dozen other diets. I think I need strict limits or I just cheat.
Been Reading about Dukan and hope it can work for me. I've ordered the book hut it's not arrived yet and I'm eager to get cracking do I've started Attack today hoping that I'm doing it right from what I've read.
I'm in work doing a late shift today until Sunday so I can get 4 of my 5 days done away from home and temptation.
Is this ok for today?

Plain omelette
2 cups of tea with skimmed milk

Turkey steak
Low fat cottage cheese
Couple of gherkins (is this allowed?!)
Coffee with skimmed milk

Chicken
Fat free Greek yoghurt

I've also put a couple of hard boiled eggs in my bag on case I get peckish at work

I'm also going swimming before my shift

I've had a couple of large glasses of water and I've got bottled water (which I'll refill) and sachets of Ginger tea for work later so I don't go overboard on milk

Is that ok?

First welcome... it's not easy typing the contents of a book out quickly to you, and we don't usually recommend starting without reading, planning, buying the right produce, but it's up to you.

How much weight do you need to lose? Where is your oatbran?

Plain omelette
2 cups of tea with skimmed milk

Turkey steak (is this just a normal piece of turkey you've cooked yourself? not something bought in a packet with flavourings on it?)
Low fat cottage cheese (virtually fat free cottage cheese is the one - Longley Farm from Asda)
Couple of gherkins (is this allowed?!) (just a couple)
Coffee with skimmed milk

Chicken
Fat free Greek yoghurt

I've also put a couple of hard boiled eggs in my bag on case I get peckish at work

Fine otherwise

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to lose 1 and a half to 2 stone.

Where do you get oatbran? I've never heard of it before. Is it a health food shop thing?

Yes the turkey was raw. Cooked it on the health grill. It was actually really nice - very moist.

I won't have gherkins tomorrow then. I did only have a couple but I'll lay off til cruise.

I'll look out for the cottage cheese :)

Oatbran you can get in supermarkets - Mornflake in Waitrose (orange packet) and Tesco do their own. Also available in H & Barrett and other health food shops.

Brill. I shop in tesco and have a h&b close by too. I assume it's by the branflakes/all bran etc

In Waitrose it is by the oats and in my tesco it is by the free from stuff in clear bags.

The oatbran is amazing for making you feel full - plus has all sorts of beneficial effects. I had my oatbran porridge (2 tbsp as I'm on cruise) for breakfast at about 8.45 this morning, - looked like a tiny amount - and am only just getting hungry for lunch now (1.30pm). You'll be allowed 1.5 tbsps per day for attack.

If you check out the recipe section, you'll see how to turn it into a galette (like a pancake), with fat free fromage frais and an egg... or muffins (same recipe, get some silicon moulds). Some make "bread" and toast. It works for "cakes".

Lots of imaginative people around here so all you need is a bit of imagination when trying the delights we confection!

;)

PS - this diet is VERY strict and doesn't allow any leeway so it's good for people who need rules. A bit of this or that WILL hurt, so stick to the sort of thing you see us eating in our recipe thread.

3 days' attack will do, then introduce veg/salad.

Thanks everyone.

I feel really awful at the moment. Headache and feeling really sick. I expected this after a couple of days but is this normal after 10 hours?!
I'm drinking plenty of fluids but the thought of food is making my mouth water (in a sicky way, not a drooling way)

ahh... I'm a "quick into ketosis" girl, usually by day two. You might be too (or you might be going down with something!). Hope you're ok!

I'm drinking plenty of fluids

Are you drinking water? Or diet coke / fizz?

I reckon water is the way to go - that's what's got to be best for clearing out the system. You still might not feel great for a day or two, but you'll begin to feel all clean inside.

I've just had a few cups of tea and water. Haven't had anything fizzy at all.
Hopefully it'll pass and I am a quick ketosis girl - that sounds good!

"ketogenically euphoric" is the term :)

Today's plan is:

Ham Omelette
Cup of tea
Water

2 mackerel fillets
Cottage cheese
Cup of tea
Water

Turkey burger (just turkey mince, an egg and seasoning)
Fat free Greek yoghurt

Couple of emergency hard boiled eggs (but might not eat them in fear of egg OD)

Book still hadn't arrived and had no chance to get oatbran but haven't been hungry at all. Didn't need to eat my yoghurt yesterday.
Haven't lost any weight yet though ?

Can you fill out your User CP (top of the page in the blue rectangle) so that we can see at a glance your current and future weight, BMI, target etc.

There's nothing "wrong" in your menu. The oatbran isn't ONLY to fill you up - it's an integral part of the diet, and helps with cholesterol and is a fat buster. Can you get it soon?

Sounds like you're in ketosis if you're not hungry... there are plenty of reasons for a slow start ("transit" issues, time of month, too much salt(?), etc.) Are you getting any exercise in? Even just his 20 min walk?

Keep at it...

I can't seem to find the cp thing. I'm using an app for this though - perhaps it's only on the full website?
I'll have a look when I'm next at a computer.

Yesterday was ok. Didn't eat my emergency eggs or yoghurt again but it's good knowing it's there. Also got chatting to someone whose lost 26lbs on this and can give me hood advice when I bump onto her.

Today I'm having

Small turkey steak (an off cut really)
1 hard boiled egg
Fat free yoghurt

Mackerel
Cottage cheese

2 turkey steaks
Maybe a tin of tuna if I'm still hungry

Tea and water to drink

Got on the scales and I'm 2lb down now! Going to try not to get on again until the end of attack

Hope the book arrives today

The profile bit onthe app is a bit useless. If you get a chance log on to the website and fill it all in.

Welcome and best of luck.

Good luck, you're starting around the same time as me so I'm looking forward to following your progress :) we can do this!!

Hope you don't mind me crashing in but I have been reading alot about this diet in the last week after speaking to someone who looks amazing on it.

Can I just ask is oatbran the same as plain porridge oats ?

Thanks,
Jean

Back