started xenical today im hoping it works for me

carlyjbjb

Hi everyone i started xen today , had 1 this morning after my slimfast shake which tasted yuck and wont be drinking that again , had a wholemeal pitta for lunch stuffed with salad im hoping this works so bad , i have gym membership and i go gym 5 days a week, im going on holiday in 6 weeks and my goal is to lose at least a stone by then and dropped a dress size, do u think its really doable ?? any advise on foods to absolutly avoid also ? as dr gave me no advise he just prescribed the tablets xxx

Hi Carly

Not much advice I'm afraid as I too am starting today. Just wanted to pass on a welcome and wish you luck.

The stone in 6 weeks sounds doable to me. Good luck!

hey :) your first day sounds good to me ! just don't worry to much, and well done on going to the gym 5 times a week!! im certainly not exercising enough!

its trial and error with foods, but some of the girls have said fish and eggs are different with everybody, so make sure your at home if you try these!

good luck, and i think more than a stone will be gone in 6 weeks, keep positive :) xx

Good luck!!! I'm sure your do great!! A stone is totally doable!!

What diet plan are you aiming to follow?! Xx

Welcome to Xenical hun. A stone can be acheived hun, and a bit. Do you understand the rules to Xenical hun? As long as you stick to them and drink plenty of water you'll do fine.

Xenical doesn't recognise good fats from bad fats, so oily fish can be a problem, but only for some, we all react differently.

It's a good idea to take a multivit too. A lot of the docs that dish out the Xenical have no idea of what goes hand in hand with it, it's so very annoying, I am so glad I found Minis for that, I'd be tango'd every day otherswise ;)

Good luck hun!

welcome and I look forward to reading how you do. Remember, xenical is not a miracle pill, but if you use it as an aid, and make lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) then it will work. Healthy lives is something good to aim for. I wish you all the success in the world.

Foods to avoid : all foods containing more than 5g of fat per 100g. IE all hard cheeses, most soft cheeses, chocolate, cakes etc, although you can find low fat versions of some of this stuff, just ask and I'm sure the lovely ladies here will let you know.

thanks for all the advise and for making me feel welcome ladies , ive just had my main meal of the day my dinner and i had a weight watchers lasagne with loads of broccoli on the side pretty full up , im about to take my 3rd xenical of the day , ive had no side effects so far today , i feel fine i suppose tommorow with tel me if ive done bad , but i know i will get hungry later on so i have strawberry's in the fridge if im peckish and also banana's i hope this is a good snack as usually i would binge on crisps, crisps and bread and cheese are the things i binge on and i have cut them out of my mind thats going to be the hardest thing. if i get hungry to snack then ive decided im going to come on here and talk instead lol . i dont eat fish at all or eggs i hate them i am a very fussy eater thats why this is going to be so hard fo me , but thank you all so much so far xxx

thanks for all the advise and for making me feel welcome ladies , ive just had my main meal of the day my dinner and i had a weight watchers lasagne with loads of broccoli on the side pretty full up , im about to take my 3rd xenical of the day , ive had no side effects so far today , i feel fine i suppose tommorow with tel me if ive done bad , but i know i will get hungry later on so i have strawberry's in the fridge if im peckish and also banana's i hope this is a good snack as usually i would binge on crisps, crisps and bread and cheese are the things i binge on and i have cut them out of my mind thats going to be the hardest thing. if i get hungry to snack then ive decided im going to come on here and talk instead lol . i dont eat fish at all or eggs i hate them i am a very fussy eater thats why this is going to be so hard fo me , but thank you all so much so far xxx

I'm a fussy eater, I always have been! I don't eat meat or fish, I don't like the taste, smell or texture of it, but I love all veg and fruit..I like carbs, breads and pasta and cheese..however I've not touched cheese in a year :D

You'll be ok, stick to the healthy snacks if you get peckish, if you do feel like a snack, make sure you really are peckish and it's not just your brain playing tricks with you...think before you eat and drink plenty of water, it really helps!

Hi everyone , just want to update you , i had my dinner last night weight watchers lasagne and brocolli and i just want to say how proud i am of myself as i didnt snack on anything last night , and thats normally my downfall i snack on crisps etc at night , for me to not touch anything i felt so proud , i know its only 1 day of not doing it but thats a big mile stone for me , im hoping it continues today and everyday xxxx

Well done Carly, first day gone!

I am pleased with my first day too, though was sick. Not sure if that was due to the tablets or the cough/cold I have.

Did very well on the eating front, though probably not enough calories, ony about 850 acccording to myfitnesspal.

Have another good day today.

Well done!! It may just be only one day but soon that one day turns into many days! We have to be proud of our small accomplishments else we loose focus thats great!! Xx

alongwaytogo said:
Well done Carly, first day gone!

I am pleased with my first day too, though was sick. Not sure if that was due to the tablets or the cough/cold I have.

Did very well on the eating front, though probably not enough calories, ony about 850 acccording to myfitnesspal.

Have another good day today.

Do you mean vomiting or just feeling poorly I don't think vomiting would be caused by the xen ?!? Xx

Each day adds up - keep going

I was sick actually and still feel a bit sick. Think it is just the cough and cold, feeling very bunged up and I coughed until I was sick! Sorry, TMI.

Well done... keep going and you'll soon be into your journey. You need more calories though :)

I think it sounds like your cold, I don't believe the Xenical would do that after just taking it..have some warm drinks, hope you feel better :)

hi ladies just wanted to update you on my day , well its been stressful kids driving me mad ( damn you teachers strike ) had 2 slices of wholemeal bread toast 4 breakfast then my tablet , for lunch wholemeal pitta bread with loads of salad and 2 slices of ham ( and weight watchers crisps ) , not sure what im having for dinner but deffo be a weight watchers meal got freezer full of them lol
my cat is due to have kittens today and still not showing signs of labour, im really excited wish they would come out lol, speak 2 u all later xx

ps havent had any bad bowel movements yet either x

well done carly, looks like your doing great despite the kids being off (my nephews had to come over cos of the strike, it was like summer holidays all in one day!!)

i love weightwatchers meals! i usually just have loadsa veg with what i have, or a ww nan bread with the curry!! yummmm!

:)

Make sure you drink plenty of water, it'll help the bowel :)

Hope your cat has her kitties soon!

morning all , still no sign of kittens :(
Had another good day yesterday 2 slice wholemeal toast for breakfast
ham salad wholemeal pitta for lunch
and for dinner i had a weight watchers meal chicken curry and had loads of mixed veg with it , and i didnt snack at all.
havent been keep tabs on the calories but i dont think i ate that many i know the weight watchers meal was 297.
i cant wait to weigh in next week, i really hope ive lost something :) xxxx
its getting easier each day x

Still no kittens...what's the mum doing? does she look like she could be trying to find a birthing place? They usually do it when it's quieter.

Glad things are going well, keep up the good work :)

Back