Starting 2 weeks before Christmas. I must be mad!

Miss_M_77

Hi all.
Yes. Starting tomorrow. Seriously. I have been contemplating starting after the new year but I honestly don't think I can handle feeling like this for much longer.
I have done vlcd's many times before. I've been successful quite a few times losing 4-5 stones each time. I've also failed miserably quite a few times.
VLCD works really well for me if I'm in a good head space so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick to it this time round.
There's no alternative. No other diets work for me, believe me I tried.

I have approximately 4-5 stone to lose. How much exactly I don't know. I'm scared to weigh myself. Shall I?
I have no major family plans for Xmas (they live abroad) so I really have no reason to postpone it any longer! I'm determined!
Wish me luck ladies
M x

Hello and welcome I started the diet 9 weeks ago and these last few weeks I have gone off the rails with having meals out , daughters
Birthday etc. After being bad last week I wanted to get back on plan yesterday but come tea time I ate. I'm trying again today so I will be having the hunger pains like you today and sulking haha. Normally after iv eaten il go out and keep myself busy but daughter full of cold so struggling sitting around the house . Feeling positive this morning tho I can do this and I will do this. I want to loose about the same as you so far lost 2 stone want to loose at least another 3 stone. Are you coming off plan over Christmas

Hello and welcome I started the diet 9 weeks ago and these last few weeks I have gone off the rails with having meals out , daughters
Birthday etc. After being bad last week I wanted to get back on plan yesterday but come tea time I ate. I'm trying again today so I will be having the hunger pains like you today and sulking haha. Normally after iv eaten il go out and keep myself busy but daughter full of cold so struggling sitting around the house . Feeling positive this morning tho I can do this and I will do this. I want to loose about the same as you so far lost 2 stone want to loose at least another 3 stone. Are you coming off plan over Christmas
Hi
Thank you for the warm welcome. I know that feeling of not being able to stay 100% after you come off the pan. I've been doing that for several months now. This time round I think something finally clicked and I'll be able to stick to it despite Christmas approaching. No. I won't be coming off plan at Xmas. I will be working anyway so I'm hoping I won't feel I'm missing out too much.
Just weighed myself and I'm ther heaviest I have ever been! I currently sit at 114 kgs! Shocking! Oh well. I won't see that number on the scales ever again. That's for sure!
Have a good day everyone

How do I think I feel
I was 18.13 1/4 biggest iv ever been hated myself. Fair play for being good over crimbo wish I could do it but I know I can't haha

Hi all.
Yes. Starting tomorrow. Seriously. I have been contemplating starting after the new year but I honestly don't think I can handle feeling like this for much longer.
I have done vlcd's many times before. I've been successful quite a few times losing 4-5 stones each time. I've also failed miserably quite a few times.
VLCD works really well for me if I'm in a good head space so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick to it this time round.
There's no alternative. No other diets work for me, believe me I tried.

I have approximately 4-5 stone to lose. How much exactly I don't know. I'm scared to weigh myself. Shall I?
I have no major family plans for Xmas (they live abroad) so I really have no reason to postpone it any longer! I'm determined!
Wish me luck ladies
M x

Hi there and welcome! It's great to see a new face. I love your spirit too! You can do it! I'm not day 30 into 100% TFR :) I'll be having 24-28 off then back for another couple of weeks to my husbands 30th birthday when we go away without the children :) I'm feeling so excited about being in control this time round (I too have failed numerous times but only succeeded once in 2009 when I lost 4 stone!) this time my start weight was 15st 13 :( I don't have a set weigh in day as the scales tend to depress me!

Good luck on your journey! Look forward to seeing how it unravels :)

Steph x

Hi there and welcome! It's great to see a new face. I love your spirit too! You can do it! I'm not day 30 into 100% TFR :) I'll be having 24-28 off then back for another couple of weeks to my husbands 30th birthday when we go away without the children :) I'm feeling so excited about being in control this time round (I too have failed numerous times but only succeeded once in 2009 when I lost 4 stone!) this time my start weight was 15st 13 :( I don't have a set weigh in day as the scales tend to depress me!

Good luck on your journey! Look forward to seeing how it unravels :)

Steph x
Thank you darling. I'm excited but a little overwhelmed about the sheer amount of weight I gained and now have to lose.
I suffer from under active thyroid so gaining is super easy and losing super hard

Thank you darling. I'm excited but a little overwhelmed about the sheer amount of weight I gained and now have to lose.
I suffer from under active thyroid so gaining is super easy and losing super hard

Stick with it and you have nothing to lose but weight ❤️ I have never been so big, I was 9 and half stone when I married in 2009 :( lots of medications and conditions and just getting back to feeling like a human being now!! I had under active thyroid also when pregnant in 2014 but that's rectified as of now so hoping my hormones just keep playing fair I'm off medication for first time in about 5 years ❤️❤️❤️❤️ X

Day 2!
So far so good! Munching on blueberry pancake as we speak and sipping on a coffee. Feeling good. Yesterday went well. I had a decent amount of water yesterday which is always the bit I struggle with the most. Because I've done a vlcd so many times I find getting into ketosis fairly easy but I am looking forward to getting the first week out of the way.
Have a good day all
M.

I drink normally orange squash now no added sugar only because on week 6 the water tasted odd and was making me feel sick. I find u still loose and don't really feel that hungry and I also manage to drink a lot more throughout the day.

I agree first week drags then it goes well quick

Just popping in to wish you good luck M on your diet journey and to say we are here to support you...I want to lose a couple of more pounds before January, so we can all keep each other on the straight and narrow.:)

Just popping in to wish you good luck M on your diet journey and to say we are here to support you...I want to lose a couple of more pounds before January, so we can all keep each other on the straight and narrow.:)
Thank you Mini! I certainly need the support and encouragement. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you too xx

How are you getting on? Xx
I am good! Day 3 and stayed on plan! Not feeling hungry at all. No headaches. By this time tomorrow I'll be in ketosis for sure.
I have a bit of dilemma though. I've been asked to spend Xmas with a friend which I would love to do but I know there will be loads of traditional food and drink around and I don't want to be tempted or forced to break the diet this early on. I think I'm going to have to decline the invite. To be honest I was kind of looking forward to having a quiet uneventful Xmas lol

I am good! Day 3 and stayed on plan! Not feeling hungry at all. No headaches. By this time tomorrow I'll be in ketosis for sure.
I have a bit of dilemma though. I've been asked to spend Xmas with a friend which I would love to do but I know there will be loads of traditional food and drink around and I don't want to be tempted or forced to break the diet this early on. I think I'm going to have to decline the invite. To be honest I was kind of looking forward to having a quiet uneventful Xmas lol

Well done so far! And you really have to do what's best for your personal journey. I cancelled everything planned from when I started in November, and allowed myself 24-28z this means tomorrow I'm missing one of my best friends birthday meals and shopping day/pics etc with all the girls. I know I will be kissing fun but I also know I have set myself the 40 day goal and intend on achieving it!!! I think it's amazing that you can do this on actual Christmas Day but everyone is different. I'm spending the time in a restraunt then party with 12 family members ❤️ I absolutely adore Christmas hehe keep up the great work x

Hi lovely, how is it going? Are you over the worst of it now? x
Hi darling. Sorry for going awol. It's been a busy weekend.
I'm doing good. Still on plan and feeling great. Weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss. Feeling less bloated already. I see you are smashing the targets! Loving your attitude and support on here ❤

Hi darling. Sorry for going awol. It's been a busy weekend.
I'm doing good. Still on plan and feeling great. Weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss. Feeling less bloated already. I see you are smashing the targets! Loving your attitude and support on here ❤

Yes!! <3 fingers crossed for you xx

Back