Starting Afresh after a week of gluttony!!

HI all, been 100% all day had a good afternoon at he splash park with the two tweenies. They had a picnic with my friend and her two grandchildren, lots of goodies but I resisted everything. Just drank my water, my friend offered me loads of stuff but I just said no thanks, being good today. She doesn;t know I am doing a VLCD but she knows I am trying to lose weight.

Anyway just about to have third shake as really do not like the soups, however I have just eaten one small cocktail sausage left on tweenie 2's plate!! Very naughty, but never mind.

Looking forward to WI tomorrow, I started last Friday at 19 stones 12lbs, I weighed Thursday evening in clothes and will WI tomorrow morning minus clothes lol so hoping to see a decent loss, I ma hoping for at least 10lbs if not more.

Have a great evening

Wendy x

Didn't weigh in this morning as silly me, I will not have done full 7 days until tomorrow morning. I was so tired last night I don't think I knew what I was posting!! lol
Just had a vanilla shake, can drink them now without holding my nose lol.

Still not keen on the soups and as I have only had one bar in the seven days don't feel I can judge them yet.

Tweenies going home today, just waiting for their Mum to arrive around mid day, in hindsight starting Exante the week I was looking after them was probably not a good move as there have been times when the eldest one was naughty yesterday I really wanted to compensate with food. Must remember this is not a punishment I am choosing to do this!!!

Another test tomorrow is making 24 cupcakes for MIL and SIL Birthday's ( vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, choc fudge frosting and swiss meringue butter cream!!!, also there will be temptations galore on Saturday their Birthday party, not a big affair maybe 10/12 people but you know what its like.

Not sure what I am doing, I did plan to stay on Exante Total solution until next Thursday as we go on holiday on friday I will see what happens.

Have a great day.

Wendy x

Have struggled big time today so I have had some chicken and a small amount of humus. Feel better now I have eaten that and have also had my third shake, going to go to bed as feel munchie now!! Glugging water, hoping for a nice loss tomorrow to spur me on for at least another 5 days

Wendy x

Good luck honeykiss....hope you get a good weight loss! fingers crossed. x

Good Morning Everyone,

Well had my WI this morning and scales show a 13lb loss.

So today I am officially under 19 stone.

I feel bad cos I did eat last night but this morning seeing that loss has spurred me on. I am eating tomorrow night as we are going out, I know I should not especially in the first few weeks but I don't want OH fmaily asking questions as I just don't feel like talking it all through with them although I imagine they would be supportive, the only person is MIL's Sister who can be nasty and spiteful, I don't like her, she doesn't like me so the feeling is mutual. Anyway enough of family nightmares we all have them ;-)

So busy day at work today and looking forward to the weekend, I will also be baking cupcakes but thats ok, don't need to taste them as made them lots of times befoe.

Have a fab weekend everyone

Wendy x

13 pounds is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

Well done Wendy! :happy096:

Wow, well done on your first weeks loss.

I have not started yet, I am waiting for it to arrive, but just wanted to say keep strong and good luck xx

Good Monring everyone,

Well weekend was fab but have not been 100%.

Saturday was ok, had my first 2 shakes and did plan to eat in the evening, was going to stick to Atkins type meal as thought we were going out turns out MIL had made lasagne, salad, garlic bread etc. So did eat but tried not to go bad, had one glass of champagne and then 2 diet cokes and water.

Sun day was a different story woke up starving and let me head rule me and had bacon and eggs for brekkie, wouldn't have been too bad but had 2 slices of toast as well!!

Anyway had that demon in my head them so had dinner later on in the day, stuff out of the freezer as was not planning a roast or anything.

Anyway woke up this morning full of determination to do 4 more days before we go on holiday, so had my first shake, feel hungry but fighting it by sipping water, did get on the scales and they show a 3lb gain but I can't be helped hoping a few days back on Exante will pull me in line, I know I am going to gain on hols but would like a 7LB leeway so even if I gain I don't go over the 19 stone mark again.

Anyway thats me up to date, hope you all had a good weekend.

Wendy x

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning everyone,

Well had a fab week away in Norfolk but I came off the wagon big time. IN fact It was more like self sabotage!! I virtually gave myself a licence to eat!!

All of this gluttony resulted in gaining 10lbs of the 13 lost. I have been back a few days and tried on Monday then Tuesday to get back on TS but failed. It is literally like a demon in my head telling me why bother, just eat!!

Anyway last night had a long heart to heart with DH, shed quite a few tears and this morning have restarted with more determination that ever. Fell so disappointed in myself but trying to lock the feelings of self hatred away!!

Had first shake, sipping water and heading to a meeting for work.

Dreading these first few days but have no distractions now for a few weeks and have just ordered another bumper pack ( shakes only this time).

Will be back to update later

Wendy x

It is so hard to get back on it after having a major blow out. I think you forget how hungry you get in the first few days and think why bother. I hope you can overcome your food demons.

I am finding that I am constantly fighting with myself to not give in an eat as it is all in my head and I know that if I have a shake/soup/bar and lots of water it will pass.

Good luck, and remember if you are struggling just have 4 packs it won't affect you loss any more than if you blow it, and you will feel much better for it.

Keep at it, we are all in this together.

I went back on total on Monday after my holiday. I gained 5lbs whilst away (my sig says 6 because I had messed up the figures before I went away-probably wishful thinking lol)
It's been really hard but with my OH support I'm getting there and a sneaky peek at the scales this morning shows that the lbs are melting away. It's mostly water so get tough with yourself and get back on track. You know you can do this.
There are a few of us this week restarting after hols etc so you're not alone. Roll on stinky breath and ketosis lol

It is so hard to get back on it after having a major blow out. I think you forget how hungry you get in the first few days and think why bother. I hope you can overcome your food demons.

I am finding that I am constantly fighting with myself to not give in an eat as it is all in my head and I know that if I have a shake/soup/bar and lots of water it will pass.

Good luck, and remember if you are struggling just have 4 packs it won't affect you loss any more than if you blow it, and you will feel much better for it.

Thank you very much, it does help to know I am not alone in struggling second time around. Determined to do a whole week but I want to lose about 5 stone so I am looking to do at least 12 weeks in total. I can handle the hunger at first I just miss food as my companion, have just had a busy meeting, now back at my desk so hopefully today will fly past, I am actually looking forward to an early night as well.
Thanks again x

I went back on total on Monday after my holiday. I gained 5lbs whilst away (my sig says 6 because I had messed up the figures before I went away-probably wishful thinking lol)
It's been really hard but with my OH support I'm getting there and a sneaky peek at the scales this morning shows that the lbs are melting away. It's mostly water so get tough with yourself and get back on track. You know you can do this.
There are a few of us this week restarting after hols etc so you're not alone. Roll on stinky breath and ketosis lol

Thanks for the message of support, My OH like yours is very supportive but I think week after week of me whining and crying about my weight is starting to wear him out!! When I did it 2 weeks ago I found the first few days fairly easy but this time I am removing any temptations which for me are not the ones in the cupboard or fridge but family visiting, social occasions etc as I can't stick to TS when I am in the situations.

Thanks for the support it meas a lot xxx

Hi Honeykiss

Good luck with the re-start. Know exactly what you mean with the self-sabatoge and how hard it can be to get going again. I've had a couple of false starts and after one day have thought to hell with it but on Day 3 now and although hard going hopefully this'll be the start that means something. Nearly gave in this morning but managed to ride it out so perhaps the time is right afterall.

Tried a keto stick this morning and although this is only Day 3 I'm sure it looked a little bit pink - maybe just wishful thinking though.

Go for it - need to keep trying and eventually it'll stick. i look forwrad to hearing how you're doing. x

Good luck with your re-start.

Firstly, good luck with your restart!

Like you i went on self-destruct mode. Once i started i couldnt stop....but im determined not to let food control my life. This time im in it for the long haul....BUT like you i will not deprive myself if i have a social event, i will just be sensible. IE i have a night out planned next saturday. I dont get out often and i dont want to ruin my night out by drinking water, so i will b having a meal that night and a few drinks (sensible though, compared to my usual self-destruct). No one said it was going to be easy, heck if it wa we'd all have done it years ago lol. But hang in there, your not alone and if you have a bad day let us know cos chances are one of us will be in the same boat and we can help each other thru it.

Keep at it, you can do it xx

Good Morning one and all,

Well managed to get through day 1 again and part of me feels relived to take food out of the equation for a while.

I was lying in bed this morning after OH had left for work and thinking about how food rules my life. If I am not thinking about food I am eating it, planning what to buy etc and even on this TS plan I am still thinking about food all of the tie. I feel hard done by and I am trying to not think like that, then I feel guilty for being so greedy and putting on all of this weight!

Sorry to ramble on, had a horrible headache that woke me up in the night, however seems to have shifted now. Took some paracetamol and that did the trick.
Feel really tired and just about dragged my sorry self out of bed this morning, running a bit late for work now but I am in a "Who cares" mode!!

Hopefully I will brighten up later.

Wendy x

Back