starting afresh

abz

Gold Member
hey guys. i'm going to start atkins on monday and just wanted to say hello as i'm sure i'll be here quite frequently :)

i wanted to ask whether anyone has chopped tomatoes? i know that small amounts of tomato are allowed, but i like making bolognaise sauce with tomatoes or tomato puree and having it with cauli mash. was wondering whether this was viable on induction or whether i would need to wait and count it for the later stages...

abz xx

Hi abz, in the '72 version you weren't allowed tomato's at all on induction, later versions have been less strict, I'd say it's the quantity that might be a problem love.

i was thinking as much jim. in the book tomatoes are in the list of things you can have if you keep your salad veg low, so i may just add a measured amount of fresh tomatoes for flavour if necessary. but will stick to salads and omelettes and a wee bit of cauli mash for the first couple of weeks then :D

How about Tomato puree I wonder abz? I'd have to check out the carbs in a tin of that love.

i may well do that jim, but i bet it's high because it's concentrated. less added sugar probably. will have to have a look. i don't need to use much in any case, just a wee bit... will check :)

Hiya abz. My 90s version of the book allows tomatoes on induction, they are quite high in carbs though. Also I think they're quite high in fruit acids, which can stall some people. If you find yourself having a stall try cutting them out and see what happens. I have them occassionally without any problems.

thanks for the tip laura :D

i feel terrible today. i'm hoping that i perk up a bit throughout the day. don't want to feel ill over the weekend... want to go to this wedding!!

Morning abz, not good then love, in what way do you feel ill?

bit sicky, bit yucky, bit of a headache. just run down i think jim. coming back to earth with a bump after our honeymoon more than likely.

ah yes, I just read that on your other thread love.

i seem to be bouncing you about a wee bit this morning don't i jim? how are you doing today?

abz xx

LOL, yes abz. I'm fine love, I usually am :D

I don't let things stress me out love, I just take life as it comes. :)

it really is rather quiet in this part of the forum. i'm thinking it's because you atkinsers can actually eat and have less time frustrating. i know from experience that doing cd meant i was on here all the bloody time trying to stop myself from eating!! ha.

not that i'm saying atkins is easy mind you, but it is sounding more and more like a damn fine idea. roll on monday!!

abz xx

i did it for months and months. i lost lots however only about a third of what i should have, much to the doctor and the cd's dismay... and it messed up my hormones in ways i won't go into. however it did work and i lost plenty for my wedding. but now of course, with the honeymoon etc i've gained a fair bit back, but now don't have a really stressful time limit to lose it for i'm looking forward to getting back into low carbing a wee bit :)

I didn't even last a day on CD, total wimp here. LOL

I was due to start CD but I'm enjoying Atkins and losing so I'm gone to stick with it:D

Mazza

cd is great. it really does achieve targets, and i would go back onto it if it weren't for the hormonal naffness. i would have liked to continue on cd, especially as my cdc has agreed to sponsor me to become a counsellor, but whilst i'm trying to get preggers it isn't an option really if i want to lose weight a bit more quickly. who knows what the future holds but for now i'm more than happy to begin on atkins and see where it takes me :D

abz xx

Back