Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Hi Everyone, Hope you are having a good day. Im absolutelythrilled to have lost 3lbs!! That is over 11 days though. Ive taken note from you Becca and have set upa little notebook to record everything this week. The weight loss has given me a real booastand I have been soooo good today. Imogenis poorly with a cough so she has been home today and has been asking for foodconstantly but I am determined to stay on track!!
Can I just check that 150g cooked rice/60g dry rice is 3points? Also is standard white bread 1.5 points for 35g? Does anyone know how many points extra youget to maintain? Never got that far before!!
What are you all planning on doing with the diet over Christmas?I have decided to try to stick to it until Christmas eve, then have Christmas eve,Christmas day and boxing day off and get back to it on the 27[SUP]th[/SUP]. Only trouble is its Imogens 4[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday on Decmber 29[SUP]th[/SUP]and we are having two family parties one on the 29[SUP]th[/SUP] and one on the30[SUP]th[/SUP], Im going to have to plan the food wisely I think!!

Hi everyone

Kim, 3 lbs that's amazing Hun, well done you. I bet you're over the moon :). I a hoping for a loss tomorrow but am only expecting 1 lb if anything. Usually after the first week things slow right down for me, possibly why I struggle to stick to it!

Ange, sue, Sarah how are you all doing.

Just a short post from me today ladies and my darling husband has decided to give me his cold so I feel absolutely rotten. Not what I needed at the moment!! Also have spoken to the GP today to ask for a note to go back to work on reduced hours and he refused to give me one saying 6 weeks is too early to go back and there will be a note waiting at the surgery to cover an additional 2 weeks off. I called my work and spoke to the hr manager who was going to discuss wit the chief Exec and my team leader and come back to me by 5 which she hasn't done!!!!!!!!! I've been paid full salary so far but was told anything after 6 weeks would have to be reviewed on a weekly basis. In short if they won't pay me I have no option but to go back so we will see.

Anyway lovelies, lots of losses over the last week so we're all heading in the right direction. I am off to hide under my duvet and hopefully emerge feeling human tomorrow

Xxxx

Evening Ladies,

Hope you are all well. I've been out shopping all day with my sister hence the late post. I've been good after my little slip last night.
I don't know about you Sue but I felt a bit squashed up on the naughty step. We need to lose a bit more weight each if we're going to share it again !!

Well Kim, Wow. Well done...3lb all at one go....well done !!!
Being good today whilst Imogen isn't well must've been really hard for you, even though you're in a good place mentally.
I think I know someone who's going to reach her "7 week to Xmas" goal. You're putting us all to shame.
You are right with the points for rice Kim but the good news is you're over pointing for bread as its 1 point for 35gm not 1 1/2.

As for maintaining, well I got to goal a few years ago and was advised by my WW consultant to add 1 pt a day for a week and if I maintained then add 2pts a day for a week and so on and so on. I think I got to and extra 3 pts a day before I started gaining. Its soooo hard though to add those extra pts as you are scared stiff of putting loads of weight back on after losing it all.
Obviously I started having far too many points extra each day to put 2 stone back on !!!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow Becca, sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather. These hubbies aren't tight when it comes to giving their germs away are they?
I must say that I fully agree with your GP that going back to work 6 weeks after major surgery is asking for trouble. We always advised 10 weeks !!!
I know that it's hard to have your salary stopped and just get Statutary Sick Pay for a few weeks especially on the build up to Xmas but you've got to weigh up the pros against the cons. Your health always should come first....sorry, lecture over.
You never know, work may ring in the morning and give you a couple of more weeks on pay. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I hope that I haven't done too much harm with my 2 lapses this week. I've been really good today. Even made a big pan of butternut squash soup when I got in from shopping even though I was starving and could have killed for the bacon and sausage sarny that Bill had.

Wednesday will tell.....

Speak tomorrow

Luv Ang x

Hi Ang, I find that most steps of the "naughty" variety are from a Harry Potter film.......plenty of room for everyone on there lol. But.....we won't be spending to much time cwtched up on there hon, nothing personal but we need our space! We are good girls again see:happy096:

It's so nice to share our loses but feel awful if it makes anyone else feel bad about there's, my 3lbs loss was only because it was 11 days since I last weighted and my first week back on a proper diet, I guarantee in weeks to come I will be back to only losing 0.5lb and the disappointment that can come with that.

Now listen here Kim. You sit up straight and you be proud of that 3lb weight loss. We're not jealous of you but damned proud of you.
Seeing what others do when they put there mind to it gives us the inspiration to do better.

Just you wait til next week. I'll show you all ;-)

That's my lecture over. Back to being a 10st 13lb wimp again. Lol

Luv Ang x

Ps. I'm being a right bossy devil tonight aren't I. ? First Becca. Now you !!!

Forgot to say thank you for the rice and bread points and for the maintainence info. You all inspired me to keep at it this week, it's nice to know we are all there for each other x

Morning ladies

How are you all today?

Kim, you be proud lovely, seeing how well others do is what gives the rest of us hope and inspiration :).

Ange, you be as bossy as you like :). Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in, am keeping fingers crossed for you. Hope you enjoyed your shopping trip, which I'm sure would have earned you some activity points.

Afm, have lost 1 lb this week which is a miracle. A bit of a confession though that is based on my weight loss yesterday morning. I am too scared to weight today, as me and hubby both felt so poorly last night, he grabbed a pizza from ASK last night which we had for tea. And I was drinking all through the night because my throat is so sore and fluid weighs heavy. So can you all forgive me for being a wimp and go on yesterday's weight? I know if I weigh now and I've gone up I will be so miserable and deflated whereas at the mo my motivation is quite good. I know it's cheating but its a brand new week for me and I'm up for a 100 % good one.

I still feel rotten with this cold and tummy is sore from coughing and sneezing but I don't have to go anywhere or do anything so its day on the sofa for me. I'm still waiting for work to ring Ange and am keeping fingers crossed they'll pay me but we'll see. My health is more important than anything I know but it's so difficult when you know you've got financial commitments isn't it. I'll let you know what they say.

Right then ladies, here's to a 100% good week for me and hopefully a good week for yo all too

Lots of love xxx

Hi :) I found your post and as I am new to the site thought I best have a look through! You all seem so motivated and that's what I have joined to get mine back! After losing 3 stone on propoints all my weight loss has stopped! I haven't gained more than a pound here and there and always lost it but can't get below my 3 stone loss! I thought I would see if I can get some motivation on here! You're all doing really well! Hope you don't mind me gate crashing your post!!
Nikki x

Hi Kim, I'm with Ang, we may get disappointed on weeks we don't lose quite what we think we should but you go girl. Shout your 3lbs from the roof hon, well done!!!
Hi Nikki, jump aboard! Good luck and well done on 3st:wow:

Hi Everyone, what a rainy day, we are soaked from our shopping trip!!

Hi Nikki, or course you can join in,the more the merrier and the more the support. Congraulations on the 3 stone loss, that’s incredible!! Ive never been to a meeting and just do it from home so im not sure what the diet suggests if you end up not losing for a while?? Are you close to target? I know people end up struggling to lose the last few pounds?? How many pro points are you having? Do you lose more if you do more excercise?, I know its not always easy to squeeze that in to a busy life though. Really hope we can help, im sure someone will have some suggestions.

Well done Becca, the 1 lb loss is brilliant I bet that has given you some encouragement for the week ahead, as for it being yesterday’s weight in I think that was a very good idea, plus your weight does funny things when you are feeling poorly so probably best to not weight today. I really felt for you when you said how coughing is making your tummy feel sore, that’s an awful feeling. Thinking of you and hoping that the cold will be gone soon. Xxx

How are you doing this week sue? Hope you are feeling more positive about your weigh in.

How do you feel about tomorrows weigh in Ang? Like Becca said I bet you burnt some extra calories shopping yesterday. Did you have lunch out? Hope you didn’t have to watch your sister each something scrummy again? Does your sister struggle with her weight too? What about the rest of your family? And Children?
My mums weight has fluctuated her whole life and my sister went from being an extremely skinny and underweight child to being overweight as an adult, is so strange because she was always the thinnest and for the last 10 years has been the largest. My other sister and I only seemed to struggle after having children, she is determined not to follow and diet and doesn’t really like talking about it, I think when the children have grown older she will manage to loss abit but she doesn’t have much to lose.

Im worried that I will past things onto my girls, like the other day Bailey said ‘have a biscuit mummy’ and I said ‘oh no im being good’ and she said ‘I wont have one either I will be good too’. I was so worried but I always say to her that we can eat anything we like in moderation and I also try to get across that being too thin is really bad for your body too.

Will Imogen home yesterday I couldnt go for my usual morning run so I ended up doing an excercise dvd at 9pm, I had to really drag myself to do it but i was pleased when it was done.

Afternoon ladies and a great big welcome to Nikki, so glad you've joined us.
3 stone loss is amazing, do you have much more to lose? If you do you're in the right place as we help one another along on here as best we can , whether it be by praise, inspiration or down right bullying (that'll be me then ;-0 )
Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and take a look back over the posts where you'll find out about us.

Hi Becca, hope you're feeling better and your stomach isn't too sore with the coughing.
Well done on your 1lb loss. It doesn't matter when you got weighed it's still an amazing loss. Don't worry about the pizza, start again from today (or join me and Sue on the naughty step, we'll move over and make room ;-) )
Has work been in touch? Hope they have sorted things out for you as you don't need the stress right now. Are you in a union? Perhaps they can help.

Afternoon Kim, sorry about my tyrade yesterday. But if it helped I take the apology back ;-).
I'm waiting with trepidation for tomorrow morning. If I've lost I'll be lucky but I've been super good today. Just hope that I can keep it up tonight whist I'm watching TV. I definitely haven't got your get up and go to do an exercise dvd at 9pm. I have done lots of zumba on the wii fit plus the wii fit exercise over the years but not recently. You've made me feel guilty so I might try to do one but not tonight !!!!
I think you should be proud of yourself the way you are encouraging your girls to eat healthily and not be frightened of eating a little of what they want now and again. They should grow up healthy and sensible because of your approach.

My sister is 17 years older than me and walks with sticks so I don't think I built up any activity points yesterday !!! She bugs me as she lives on chocolate, cream cakes, biscuits and chips. And even though she gets no execise she stays below 9 stone !!!!
Both my sons are slightly overweight but I put it down to alcohol, not food with both of them. My daughter, bless her definitely has my genes. She is about 15 1/2 stone and tries to diet all the time. She reminds of myself when I was her age, always talking about one diet or another and giving advice out. She did lose 3 stone going to Rosemay Conley classes but put it all back on and more. It is hard though with her having 3 small children, 2 of them with disabilities. I just wished that she lived nearer to me( she lives about 400miles away) and then we could help each other diet wise.

I'm going out for the day tomorrow to our nearest Outlet Village called Cheshire Oaks. It's massive and I'm going with a friend so hopefully I'll build up some activity points . I'll post first thing to let you know how my weigh in was but may not manage to get back on later.
So, be good my shrinking friends and I'll speak as soon as I can

Luv Ang x

Evening all, just a quick visit.I have just had a beautiful bit of haddock for dinner but the thing is I know i could have eaten it 5 x over, I'm off the naughty step though Ang i resisted lol. I am now tucking into a delish FAB ice lolly....gone old skool tonight lol. Hope you have all done well and enjoyed your choices today girls :eatdrink023:

Thank you!! I get 38 points a day as I am 19 and nearly 6 foot but I am really bad at getting home and just being too tired to cook so making something easy and at this time of year I am starving! Started keeping a food diary so I can see what I am eating and look back for motivation!! I am going to talk to my leader about taking my points down and I have just joined the gym!! I want to lose another 2 stone! You're all very good at motivating one another!! Thank you for replying to me! Feeling quite motivated today and only used 27 of my points because I was thinking before I put food in my mouth! Hopefully this will continue and I will lose again! I lost my first 3 stone between the beginning of march and beginning of July! I know I can do it. We all can!!

Sorry I have just seen you asked me to introduce myself! Well as you gathered I am Nikki I am 19 and studying accounting at university! I live in Preston in Lancashire but go to university in Ormskirk hence having to grab food on the go! I have a daughter who is three too. Before having her I was thin with a really good metabolism but all that seems to have gone since having her haha, she's worth it! I was a size 18 when I started and now I am a 14 but really want to be a 12 but mainly healthy! I am in the process of harassing my boyfriend for a dog to make me go out for walks but unfortunately it isn't working :( anyway I have been writing a food diary if anybody wants a nosey I think you can! Still not sure how this website works properly :s
speak to you all soon
Nikki x x x x

Well done Ang that's great, I get as excited about everyone else's weigh is as my own, I couldn't wait to hear how you had done! Well done have a lovely day x

Hi Nikki, lovely to hear all about you and well done for having a good food day yesterday, gosh you lost the three stone very quickly that must have been such a great feeling, hope your leader will give you some advice as to what points to have.i always try to plan my whole week of meals and it helps me keep on track, it must be very hard when you are so busy and in a rush though.

going to give a 0 point soup a go next week,has anyone else made one? What is your favourite? I'm going to try butternut squash! Hope it's nice.

how are you feeling today Becca? Better I hope x

I was dreaming if fabs after reading your post last night sue,they are on the shopping list for next week!

have a good day everyone. Kim

It did feel really great & I still tell myself when I am eating 'well before weightwatchers I would have had more' thinking maybe my loss has slowed down because I lost the 3 stone quickly! Hopefully will get a loss tomorrow at weigh in! Can't believe I feel back in the mindset! I do try & plan my week of meals but my boyfriend always randomly surprises me with meals out! Although he is supportive its difficult haha. Changed my meeting from Monday to Thursday so I could hopefully redeem myself after weekends! Just made my lunch to take to uni; weight watchers roll, Milky Way crispy rolls, Heinz soup stick and lots of fruit to keep me going! I'm in 10-5 today then an hours drive home then make my daughters tea, do her bath, pj's, story and bed! Then planning to make a stir fry I think! Hopefully with only finishing with her at 7.30 so having tea later I won't want to snack on naughty things tonight! Hope you all have a good day! Nice getting to know you xxxxxxxxxx

Oh an I do the roasted red pepper & tomato soup! 0 pps and yummy! There's lots of recipes for the 0pp soups on the eight watchers app too. Good luck!

Hi ladies

How are we all today?

Nikki, welcome :). Wow loosing 3 stone is absolutely amazing, go you :). An inspiration to us all Hun.

Ange, well done on your loss lovely :). 1lb closer to goal. How was your shopping trip today. My parents have been to Cheshire oaks a few times and said it was good. I'm yet to go but wil, do one day. I think they went there when they went on a warners weekend but can't remember whereabouts they stayed.

Sue, Kim how are you both today? Hope you're being good girls :)

Ooo, I didn't realise they still did Fabs I used to love them when I was a child.

Am, I'm still full up with cold and cursing my husband! Have had quite a good day. Went got the hairdressers this morning now sat watching deal or no deal which I've been addicted too since I've been off. Some people are just so greedy though, they get amazing offers yet push too far then go home with nothing.

Well, finally heard from my work and I'm o SSP as of Monday with no top up. Does anyone know how much that is incidentally? I'm not surprised as they have given me full pay until now, but rather than call me wit the news they emailed me, that annoyed me a bit. Hey ho, I now have to decide what to do, whether I take the 2 weeks sick or whether I go back. Have spoken t my folks who are in the USA and they have said not to go back and that the bank of mummy and daddy will help out, I can't help but feel guilt though!!! And, I don't want to p##s anyone off at work!!

Anyway ladies, back to Noel Edmunds for me. Enjoy your evenings and keep strong :) xxx

Back