Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Hi all , was going to say FABS 2pp I miss those little 1/2 points lol. What are pink and whites? Does anyone have the recipe for the roasted pepper and tomato soup, is it easy? I am after some inspiration this evening as you can see. Glad to see you taking the sensible route Becca, bet your parents are too! Take it easy girl, you will pay the price later if you don't. I haven't had the sort of issue you do but i do have some joint issues that I really should have looked after better than I did and am now suffering for. Hope you are all having a nice chilled evening cos where I am it is blowing a gale and we have had horrendous rain. Been out with my son visiting his sister and nephew and we have a had a right royal soaking more than once. Just had a Tesco everyday mousse thing only 2pp (90p for 7 ?), i am not only old school I think I qualify for Retro with a mousse lol. Anyone else found some little oddities with low pp's?

Hi ladies

Sarah, hug. Fresh day tomorrow Hun, next week will be a fab loss I am sure :).

Nikki well done on your loss lovely, go girl :).

Ange, cakes looks lovely. Yum.

Wemissnaughty welcome. It's lovely to have you with us. I have found the support on here so motivating, the girls here are all amazing.

Kim, sue hellooooooooo.

We've had really bad weather here too in Hereford, been blowing a gale all afternoon and the rain has been horrendous, think we're in for some flooding.

Thank you all for your support o the work issue, I really appreciate it. I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't heard a word from my team leader but there we go, she does blow hot and cold and I guess if I was her I'd be peeved at having staff off ( no one can cover my role as I manage what is known as the PICs system which is linked to generating funding). Mind you for the first time 8 years they've finally realised what happens when I'm not there, or should I say the things that don't get done. No one is indispensable don't get me wrong, but no one else is trained to do my job.

Anyway, talking of low point food, I once again recommend m&s skinny muffin desserts ( count on us range), only 2.5 points on discovery. Oh and, seafood sticks, if you have a few out of a pack its 0 points, if you have 8 it works out at 1.5 points. Mmmmmm.

Hope you all have a fab evening. Ange, don't let that cake win xxx

Well done nikki! I sometimes get really hung up on scales though so I'm going to try not to weigh myself until the end of placement (4 weeks) as I also have a wedding during that month where there will be lots of eating and drinking!

I've just went a huge shop, lot of healthy goodies- I'm a bit addicted to the kids pineapple sticks from asda, 5 for £2 and handy for lunches, I found it hard though cos I don't know what shifts i will be working until Monday!

The weather has been shocking, me and my friend went to hers at lunch the other day to find water past our ankles all through her house :( xx

Evening ladies,

A great big welcome to weemissnaughty , what's your name so we know what to call you? You'll find lots of support on this thread whether you're doing pro points or the old discovery points, we are a bit of a mish mash of both. But we all have the same aim....to lose this damned weight ;-)

Don't worry about 1/2 lb on Sarah, just put it behind you and start afresh , you'll soon get it off and more.

Pink and whites are delish big biscuits. They look like ice cream wafers but are filled with pink and white mallow instead of ice cream.They are only 1/2pt each on discovery plan (sorry but I don't know the pro point value) They are lovely as they are but you can put them in the microwave and blast them for 10 secs and the mallow goes all goeey. Definitely hits the sweet spot.

Baking day went well. We made a chocolate nutella cake for Laura, scones with jam and cream for Bill and some white bread rolls. Tried a slither of the cake but actually didn't like it so Laura took it all home with her. I very often make scones for Bill as they're his favourite but they don't tempt me. I've had 1 of the bread rolls with a piece of salmon and a salad for dinner. So all in all not a bad day. Think I've gone over about 3 points but can pull them back over the week.

Hope you're all having a good evening. At least the wind and rain have calmed down.

Luv Ang x

Last edited:
Well done Nikki, 1.5lb is brilliant you must be very pleased.

i know what you mean about getting hung up on the scales weemissnaughty, I'm terrible! If i have a loss sometimes it encourages me but sometimes it makes me too relaxed and if I don't lose I either give up or get more determined, sometimes I think I'm better not to weigh and just go by dress size but somehow I always end up on the scales again! Hope you will be able to get into a routine with your shifts a food, at least with ww it's fairly easy to grab something note go.

I love pineapple too, haven't spotted the packs I will look for that, I'm a big fan of all fruit and veg actually-it's a big help when you are dieting!

just edited my last post, sorry Sarah I thought you had lost a 0.5 so I said we'll done just realised,it was a gain, don't let it get you down,we know you can do it x

the caxton pink and whites are usually down the biscuit aisle but as Ang said they are marshmallow sandwiched together with 2 wafers.

weve been invited to my husbands parents house for a Chinese tomorrow evening,don't know what I'm going to do, I guess just eat a little, I mustnt give in I've had such a good week so far and don't want to spoil I all now!

My name lesley-anne :)
Omg ang Nutella cake sounds amazing! Two if my favourite things lol! I'm going to my first placement in a hospital (terrified!!) and I called and was told my first week will be a mix of day shift and back shift then I can switch to 12hour shifts if I like!! I'm sitting here trying to write an essay I have due monday(I left it to the last minute!!) so I'm picking away at food but I got snack a jacks and some other low nibbles so alls good :)

Hi Lesley-anne,

I was a nursing sister for many years but remember as plain as though it was yesterday my first placement.
You think that you'll feel like a square peg in a round hole and that you'll be in everybody's way as they'll know everything and you'll know nothing.
Well I promise you that that won't be how it is. Qualified staff will guide you and make you feel welcome and before you know it you'll be doing things as if they're second nature. You do get used to the long hours...honest ;-)

The nutella cake was sooo sickly, and I do love a good cake normally. You usually have to fight me for the last crumb but this wasn't nice at all. We made a sandwich cake with the bottom plain sponge and the top chocolate sponge. The filling was buttercream with lots of nutella mixed in it and blended well. We made too much cream so covered the outside of the cake with it as well. Laura, my grand daughter and Bill , my hubby loved it but I had a small slice and have felt sickly all night after it. Wish I felt like this all of the time, it would stop me binging ;-)

Be good,

Luv Ang x

I'd go for the Chinese & have chow mein or chicken in blackbean sauce with boiled rice or something! It's Friday so treat yourself! I'm going to a Greek tapas tomorrow night with my friends but luckily am in uni 9-4 without a break so I won't get much chance to snack! Xx

scoobysue said:
Hi all , was going to say FABS 2pp I miss those little 1/2 points lol. What are pink and whites? Does anyone have the recipe for the roasted pepper and tomato soup, is it easy? I am after some inspiration this evening as you can see. Glad to see you taking the sensible route Becca, bet your parents are too! Take it easy girl, you will pay the price later if you don't. I haven't had the sort of issue you do but i do have some joint issues that I really should have looked after better than I did and am now suffering for. Hope you are all having a nice chilled evening cos where I am it is blowing a gale and we have had horrendous rain. Been out with my son visiting his sister and nephew and we have a had a right royal soaking more than once. Just had a Tesco everyday mousse thing only 2pp (90p for 7 ?), i am not only old school I think I qualify for Retro with a mousse lol. Anyone else found some little oddities with low pp's?

Hi!
I have a recipe for the soup it's 0pp & really good & easy! You just need to roast red pepper, tomatoes & garlic then you need to pop it all in a pan with a stock cube & tin of tomatoes then blend together & season! It also says to add a chilli however when I did this it was far too hot so maybe just a bit of chilli powder. The recipe is from my 'members favourites' recipe book :) hope this helps!
Nikki xx

Morning :) I went a couple over yesterday but I suppose that's what weeklies are for (I have pointed in Saturdays wine already too!) I'm off into uni to do a bit of essay writing ( it's due on Monday so I better get a move on!)

Ang my plan so far is to smile, ask questions and ask my mentor questions and if all else fails, follow an auxiliary around or find a patient to talk to :) what kind of ward did you work on? I'm doing mental health but my placement is surgical orthapedic. Which I'm quite happy about because once I'm doing proper mental health (1st year is shared now ) I won't really get a chance to be in a theatre :)

Nikki that soup sounds lovely! I make a similar one but usually shove everything in a pot and boil it out, hmm I might try it your way next :)

Back