Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Hi ladies,

Hope you're all ok and having a good weekend. Is it ever going to stop raining though!!!

Xxx

Morning ladies,

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Everybody's been quiet so you must all be busy doing Christmassy things.

I did well yesterday. Had a bucks fizz and avoided the nibbles altogether. Lucky really as they were in a different room to where I was having my nails done.
Not sure Nikki about Shellac going on acrylic nails as I have it on my own nails. Can't see it being a problem though.

Glad you liked the soup Kim. I'm having some for lunch before I go down to the golf club. We're putting the Xmas decorations and tree up there this afternoon so that'll keep me out of mischief for a good few hours

How are you Becca ? Not really done your usual lengthy posts for a few days. Hope you're just busy and haven't got time.

Hope Sarah Sue and Lesley-anne are ok

The weather has picked up here. Its still windy but the rain stopped a few hours ago and the sun has actually come out !!!!

Let me know how you all are

Luv Ang x

I'm getting my nails done tomorrow so I'm going to ask :) well done for avoiding the nibbles! I'm just going to a party at soft play with my little girl today so that'll stop me eating! It's sunny here today and quite warm! Hope you all have a good day xxx

Hi ladies

How are you all? Having good weekends I hope.

Ange well done on avoiding those nibbles :). Did you feel proud of yourself? I had shellac once but it didn't last for me, although it was done by someone who had only been on a half day course to learn about 2 weeks before. I do paint my nails all the time when I'm working which seems to keep them strong but it is a faff having to do them every other day.

Can you believe Christmas is only 4 weeks away???? I love this time of year, although I was saying to hubby last night that I feel like I've missed out on a chunk of the year being at home recovering. I still haven't heard from my team leader though despite sending emails and texts so am guessing she's no impressed I've got another 2 weeks off!!

Ange, I'd love to see your golf club looking all Christmassy. Yesterday I was scrolling through the sky channels and have discovered an actual Christmas channel :). One Christmas film after another :). Between that and an adults paint by numbers set I found I'm keeping occupied.

Kim, sue, Nikki, Sarah, how are you all doing? When are you putting your trees up? I plan to do mine next Saturday, then my mums on Sunday so it's all nice for when they get home. I'm really close to my folks and I'm missing them now.

Food wise I've done ok this week. According to the scales this morning I've lost 1/2 lb this week ( I know I shouldn't be looking but can't help myself, it keeps me going if I keep track during the week), I've had 8 points today so far and am cooking a roast later for when hubby gets home. I don't know how many points will be I it but just plan on having a small portion and nothing else for the rest of the day so hopefully it will be within my allowance. I've got a small plate which I always have so my meals usually fill it which makes it seem like I've got more than I actually have so I don't feel I missing out:).

I think may go and get some bits from tesco on Wednesday ( pay day) so I can make some soup, the only problem is I can't carry a basket or any bags yet so hubby has to come with me which always means I spend more. He's terrible, whenever he comes we always get so much more because, 'it's new' or 'it's on offer' or 'I haven't tried that before and it sounds really nice'!!!

Anyway ladies, enjoy the rest of your weekends, lets hope for lots of successful weigh ins this week :) xxx

We don't tend to put the tree up until the week before Christmas otherwise it always dies! I've finished my shopping though :) I love Christmas! We have a garden centre nearby called Barton grange and it has the best displays including 3 10foot dancing snowmen! If I knew how to post pictures I'd post one! We're booked to have breakfast with Santa on a barge on the canal on Christmas eve which were excited for & my little girl will love it! :D I have some OPI nail stuff that keeps nail varnish on for weeks!! My Nanna goes to Spain for 5 months over winter and uses it first and when she comes back its still right! I'm not sure why her nails don't grow though hmm haha xx

I just made the butternut squash soup! It's really good I'm going to heat it up for lunches in the week :) I added a little bit of lea&perrins too. Good recipe thanks for sharing! X

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a lovely weekend, and hope you are raring to go for the new week.

GOod luck for the first day of your new placement tomorrow Lesley-Anne we look forward to hearing all about it.

well done for resisting those nibbles Ang, hope you had a good time decorating the golf club I bet that was good fun and got you in the festive mood.

We are planning to put our tree up next Saturday too Becca, and also make some Christmas cards and tags with the girls, we have lots going on every weekend from now until Christmas so it's all getting quite exciting!

sorry to hear you are missing your parents so much, when will they be getting back? I always find it hard when my mum and dad go away, I see them so often that when they are not here it feels very strange! Hope you enjoyed your roast dinner tonight.

well it's my weigh in tomorrow and I'm feeling a little nervous,the weekend food hasn't gone 100% to plan-after moving the furniture yesterday mum said she would like to take us out for a Carvery, we were so hungry, so of we went and I tried my best not to have too much but think I may have over done it with the portion size. I do keep telling myself that it was only meat and veg and not chocolate! Plus I was sooooo good and even thought EVERYONE else had an icecream I DIDN'T !! (That's amazing for me!) so it wasn't brilliant but could have been worse.

I tried my best to have a really good day today and had stir fry for lunch and my soup for tea but then got the nibbles abit and had to pull myself away from the kitchen, didn't go over my points but wish I could have controlled myself more, never mind whatever will be will be!

Will let you know!
Speak to you tomorrow

one day at a time sweet *****, thats all i'm asking of you....lalalala la la la ...you get my drift lol. Well done for at the very least trying and it doesn't seem to me that you did the very least. You tried to make good choices from what was on offer ...WELL DONE! Not weighing til fri after this weeks debacle but am being my usual angelic self. ff to work now ladies speak to you all later

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all having a good start to the week, thanks for making me giggle Sue!!!
Well I am absolutely over the moon, I lost 2lb!!!!! :happy036:Im so Happy.:bliss:

Thanks for all your support, advice and tips everyone, you are really keeping me going x:thankyou:

Afternoon ladies,

Well done Kim !!! 2lb WoooHooo. Bet you are dead chuffed with yourself, and so you should be.
The Xmas decorations took ages at the club and we were all rewarded with hot mince pies and brandy sauce !!! I did eat it but only had some BNS soup for my evening meal and a fruit salad.

Good luck with your weigh in today Sue, we're all rooting for you

Hi Becca, good job we don't have sky or I'd spend all day watching the christmas channel and crying !!
Like you we changed to smaller plates about 6 months ago and it really does make a difference to your portion size. When I look at the big dinner plates we used to use I blanche !!
I don't take my hubby shopping but for different reasons. He runs me round the store and I come home with half of the things I needed still on the shelves.. We could do with getting a mix of them both ;-))

Your Xmas Eve breakfast on a barge sounds lovely Nikki, bet your littlew girl can't wait

Hope your first day on your first placepent is going well Lesley-Anne. Let us know how you got on

I've kept myself busy this morning as I had to wait in for a parcel that was being re-delivered so I've cleaned every window in the house ready to put my tree up next week.
Going to visit a friend this afternoon and then going to Tesco for some fish for tea.

Be good everybody

Luv Ang x

I haven't told her yet so that I don't excite her too much! I've been to the doctors as my cold still hadn't gone & I've got tonsillitis, sinusitis and an ear infection so i am on antibiotics which usually stop me being hungry which is the good thing about it all! Hope everyone has had a good day! Xxxx

Evening lovely ladies

How are you all? Is it me or is it getting really cold? Brrrrrrrrr!!!

How did today go Lesley Ann?

Kim, 2lb is amazing. Go you :).

Nikki, I agree with ange, the barge sounds fab. Secretly I thin we're all kids when I comes to Christmas, I'd love to do something like that.

Sue, Sarah, how are you both?

I'm doing ok, have had quite a teary day today. I blame I all in hormones but have suddenly started to feel like I've lost something, like part of my life has just been taken away. Also having one of those 'fat and ugly' days where you just want to hide and don't want anyone to see you. I did go out today though after hubby had dried my tears and coaxed me a little. We just popped to town to stock up on my favourite low point m&s choccie desserts, and hubby bought me a lovely silver necklace. Then we exchanged our tesco club card vouchers and bought tesco finest wine ready for home made mulled wine at Christmas ( hairy bikers recipient ........ Hmmmmmmm).

Not sure how my weigh in will go tomorrow. I have been good all wee and tracked everything apart fro our roast yesterday so I am keeping everything crossed.

Ange, I bet the golf club looked lovely by the time you'd finished :). Cleaning windows today would have burnt off those mince pies I sure :).

Hope you all have a lovely evening xxx

Ps. If at any time I ramble about my recent surgery and how I'm feeling and you'd rather me not mention it ( as this is a slimming forum after all :)) please don't be afraid to say something. I won't be offended. It's just difficult as its at the forefront of my mind at the mo and of course affects how I feel day to day so I write about it sometimes without thinking xx

Oh Becca, I'm so so sorry to hear you have had such a tough day sweetie. We are here for you and please talk as much as you need to and about whatever you need to Hun xxx you have been through so much and have been so brave xxx it was lovely to read your husband bought you a necklace, I'm so glad you have someone so nice to support you, when do your parents get back? Just remember what a beautiful, kind person we all think you are x

Hi Becca,

I felt so sad when I read your post. Hormones are a bugger when you've had a hysterectomy especially if you've had your ovaries taken away as well . Have you been started on any HRT? It will depend on whether you still have your ovaries or not.

You've been through so much over the last couple of years my heart hurts thinking about it.
You're bound to feel bereft and will go through various stages like "why me?", bargaining, depression and blaming yourself for your problems.
It won't be helping with your parents not being around when you are so close and Xmas is an emotional time of year as well.

But I promise you that it will get better.
Hopefully this will make you realise that it was the right decision not to go back to work just yet.

Take things easy, make the most of your wonderful caring hubby and if you need to talk then private message me on FB. I'm a good listener.

But like Kim said, you pour your heart out on this thread if it makes you feel better. We will all listen and give as much love and advice as we can without being there with you. This is a thread for friends ....not just dieting....and don't you dare cry when you read this !!!!!

Don't worry about your weigh in tomorrow, it doesn't matter what the scales say . Just start feeling better

Luv Ang x

Morning ladies

Ange, you're so lovely. In fact you're all so lovely, I can't thank you enough for your support, you ladies are AMAZING. Sending a huge hug to all of you. I think it does make it worse with m parents away Ange you're right. My mum is my nest friend we are so close and without her here it is difficult, especially as I've got a lot of time to kill at the mo. I do appreciate now that its probably been the best thing that I didn't go back to work this week. I am on HRT don't really know what difference it makes but then wouldn't like to be without it. When we were in town yesterday we bought 6 mo the supply of vita bioethics Menopause vitamin things and some night time rescue remedy so hopefully they will help my skin etc and help me to get a better nights sleep.

Weight wise, I was 1/2 lb down yesterday so I'm going to go with that I think that's a week then since my last weigh in. I am thinking I may possibly change my WI day to a Saturday, as I usually have a treat day then so it's always better to fall on a weekend I think.

How is everyone else doing? Are you all being good? Just think 4 weeks today and it will be Christmas :). Do you have a schedule for the day each year? Since we've started to go out for lunch rather than cook, we always start the day with Buck's Fizz and salmon muffins or bagels, then we get dressed up for lunch ( wit the mandatory Christmas music in the back ground of course ), mum and dad come round about 11.30 and have a drink then we head to the restaurant. When we get back then is pressie time. Mum and dad always bring all of their pressies to ours and we open them all together.

I'm struggling two get the Christmas feeling yet though although I am trying, it's my favourite time of the year. We're going to my folks today to decorate their tree before they get home next week. Yesterday my hubby went and got it all out of their attic and put the tree up so today we'll decorate.

Hope everyone is having a fab week, food wise and otherwise.

Enjoy your day my lovelies and stay strong.

Love you all :) xxx

I love Christmas! I'm glad you're going out today & doing something fun! Perhaps it'll get you into the Christmas spirit. On Christmas eve my sister comes home with her boyfriend to spend Christmas day with us. At about 2.30 I go to the pub (me and my friends have a table booked for 30!!) and we all have some food and get very merry until last orders! However last year I left at 7.30 as I possibly had too much wine and was falling asleep! The next morning my aunty, uncle Nanna and grandad come round for champagne and then we have a buffet at around 12 to keep us going. We all open our presents together and just have a morning together all dressed up :D then my aunty and uncle go home as they have a roast chicken dinner together later. At about 1.00 my grandma and great aunty arrive and we do presents round two and a few drinks :) at 5.00 we have roast beef dinner as none of us are too keen on turkey! Then at about 7.00 I take my daughter to her dads where she will have another Christmas day on 26th and I go to my boyfriends to take presents for him and his family so round three of presents! Then I stay there. The next morning we go back to mine to say bye to my sister because she goes down to Reading with her boyfriend to see his family then we just have a chill day :) then I wait for new years eve where my friend always has a party. Ooooo I have typed a lot but also realised how excited I am now!!! Christmas won't be good for weight watchers but I don't care I'm too excited now!!! Ahhhhh. Sorry I'm rambling on!
Hope you're all okay today :D
Thanks Becca you've put me in a fab festive mood!!!! Xxxx

I read through these posts today (having a reall crappy day for no particular reason ) and realise that even though we are all basically on here because we are taking control of our weight issues, the reality is that we offer far more than points advice to each other. Does a heart good. Maybe we don't need to be looking for the Xmas spirit there is a fair bit on here already :thankyou:

Well said Sue! I agree x hope you are feeling abit more upbeat now

Hope you've had a better day today Becca, and hope you enjoyed doing the tree at your mum and dads. What does your husband do for a living? It's lovely he has been at home with you the last few days, im sending big hugs your way xxx well done for the 0.5 loss too, you are doing really well x

How are you feeling Nikki? Hope the antibiotics are starting to work, and you are starting to feel better, maybe it was the stress of last weeks exam catching up on you, your Christmas plans sound lovely.

hope Lesley Anne is having a lovely time on her placement and managing to stick to the diet.

how are you Ang? How are you feeling about your weigh in tomorrow? Hope you've had a nice day.

We have a very busy few days over Christmas, my husband has a very large family and we do our best to get round and see everyone, starting with his nan, grandad (his dads side) aunts, uncle and cousins on Christmas Eve.

Then on Christmas Day you can imagine the morning mayhem that goes on with the girls unwrapping their presents from santa, its always lots of fun, after that we go to my mum and dads for lunch with my two sisters, their husbands and my oldest sisters two children who are two and three years old. At about 5pm we go to my husbands mum and steps dads house and his brother and his girlfriend will be there, then we all go to his nan and grandads (his mums side)and meet up with all his aunties, uncles and cousins-there are lots!

On Boxing Day we go to see the horses off on the hunt and then go to my husbands nan and grandads (step dads side) and auntie, uncle and cousins, is exhausting! Then three days later its Imogen's 4th birthday and we have planned a family party on the 29th and another on the 30th! So that all the family will be able to come but not all at once as its just too many people.

If I can stick to the diet through all that it will be a miracle!

Back