Starting Again, Christmas Goal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lefthandside78, 10 October 2011 Social URL.

1. lefthandside78

lefthandside78 New Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi All,
    I am starting again, under a new user name - have been on these boards before, but want to start afresh - I was more of a lurker then though so no one would remember me anyway!!!
    Anyway, starting today after stepping on the scales and weighing my heaviest ever. In an ideal world I would like to lose 2 stone 4 pounds, I know this isn't a realistic goal to do before Xmas, but with 10 weeks to go, I could possibly lose 20lbs, which would be amazing!
    I've previously done every diet known to man, only the old WW points was successful. This year I tried Exante, lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and now weigh 7lbs heavier than when I started!!!
    I am going to go back to basics, no fads, and just be careful with what I eat, try to aim between 1200-1500 calories a day, exercise 3-4 times a week, limit alcohol intake, aim to lose 2lb a week, drink 2l water a day!
    I am going to weigh in on a Friday morning, however this week will take todays weight.
    Right, I'm off to create a diary and will add to that every day
    Good luck to everyone else starting! Looking forward to loads of motivation!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JLStretton

JLStretton Choose Life.

Start Weight:
    34st4lb
    Current Weight:
    32st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Healthier eating - Exercise
    Sounds like the best way to go about loosing weight to me, good old fashioned exercise and not going over board on the cals, good luck :)

4. pjstarfish

pjstarfish Full Member

Hi lefthandside and welcome again. I'm reading much about yo-yo dieters here and it's made me realise that the behavioural problems are not addressed despite tremendous success of weight loss. People lose weight and go back to old habits and put it on again. I'm seeing a clinical phyciatrist about my weight who tells me not to beat myself up if I don't do exercise or if I eat a mars bar one day. Truth of the matter is that I have had a lifetime of dieting with association of excercise + no sweets = weight loss. And it's difficult to change lifestyle and ways of thinking. But this is what I need to do which turns everything on it's head. I have been on SW for 2 weeks and cut all the crap out. It's the only way that I can kick start myself. Good luck on your journey

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Welcome back and good luck.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.