Starting AGAIN!!!! Need Christmas countdown buddies :)

Suzanne and Clare - good luk for weigh in today :) xx

I don't know how but i've somehow managed to lose half a pound. No complaints though as it all adds up :) My next weigh in is on Friday and i hope i lose some more :)

good luck for weigh ins today girls xx

I have exams starting this Sat so I haven't been online that much. I lost another lb on Fri :) I think I may have to readjust my expectations though for the next 2 weeks what with exams. I'm going to focus more on exercise rather than food but still not go off the rails foodwise. Hopefully I can manage small loss during exams. I picked a bad time to restart discovery. I just wish I hadn't wasted a whole year and all the money doing propoints when it did nothing for me :mad: Anyway rant over! Well done on everyones losses. You're right Suzanne it all adds up no matter how small!

Ladies.....I'm hanging my head in shame.

I knew it was a bad time to start last Monday but thought I could do it. I've just been away for 4 days for my boyfriends birthday and our first anniversary and messed everything up with food and wine :( also been in all day today revising for an exam tomorrow so lazily carried on my bad eating by ordering pizza :( I'm so disappointed in myself.

Confession done. Big sad face. Line drawn in the sand and starting again tomorrow. Can I please restart and have my weigh day as a Tuesday? Sorry to mess you around but I know I've gained and it'll be so demotivating to have a plus next to my name next to all your lovely losses.

I won't let you down again!! :( xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HI girls

how is everyone today?

Clare hun - dont be too hard on yourself, after all a Birthday and a 1st year anniversary are things to be celebrated and you cant do that with a stick of celery and a glass of water :). Start again hun, still nearly 3 weeks til crimbo so you can loose some in that time :).

I think I may have to adjust my goal slightly too - after loosing weight last week I thought i'd have a little treat, now my period has finally come with avengence and I am certain I have put weight on too!!!!!!

However, Eabha, well done on your loss chick :). Woop woop.:). Toni how have you done?

What are the exams you're all styudying for? I did my AAT (accountancy) not so long ago and I know what you mean about snacking while revising.

Well, of for lunch now so will check in later.

Hugs x

Eabha (wk 1) -1lb :), (Wk 2) - lb :)

Toni (wk 1) -2lb :), (wk 2) -1lb :)

Suzanne (wk 1) - 4lb :)

Becca (wk1) -3 1/2 lb :), (Wk2) -1lb :)

Karen (wk1) -2lb :)

Clare

Weigh in days are:
Becca: Saturday
Eabha: Friday
Suzanne: Friday
Toni: Tuesday
Karen : Saturday
Clare: Tuesday

Thanks hon, I did think that - you still have to enjoy life right?! I'm back in the zone now and looking forward to reporting a loss on Tuesday!

I'm doing the professional certificate in marketing. Exam at 2pm today and I'm totally spinning out. At least this is number 1 of 4 exam down :)

I know what you mean about TOTM, I become a chocolate and carb monster!!

Hope you're all having a good day :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, sorry havent posted this week. My computer has been playing up & i've been super busy. Lovely to look back on all the post though. Had a bit of an up & down week :-/ I am weighing myself tomorrow but if I lose 1lb or sts I will be happy :-/ going to re-read the post to keep me motivated LOL. How are all you girls doing to do & well done on your losses so far :)
xxx

Hi Toni

how are you doing hun? bloomin computers can be a nightmare can't they!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooo, how did the weight in go?

i'm not thinking i've lost anything this week, if anything have gone up slightly, am out for a meal Saturday too! Am still going to keep going though as best I can, then when CHristmas comes i'm just going to enjoy myself.

Are you all up for continuing this thread after Christmas though girls ready for the summer?

Speak soon xxx

Defo up for keeping this thread up - in the new year we should hit it hard and do a slim for summer challenge!! This one thread really helps me so I really don't want to let it go please :) xx

Hi Everyone :)

Sorry i haven't posted much lately but been really busy, so much to do before xmas and soo little time. I like the idea of a summer challenge :) I always tend to eat junk food in the colder months for some reason so it will be a good boost to get in shape for the summer :) Weighed myself this morning and i've lost 4 pounds this week :) I'm soo happy to be in the ten stone region again :) i never thought i would ever get under 11 stone again and i'm honestly shocked but happy as well :) I now weigh 10 stone 13, i know its only 1 pound under the 11 stone range but it makes the world of difference to me :) Keep up the good work everyone, a loss is a loss at the end of the day and it all adds up. Just because you don't lose weight one week doesn't mean you wont the next, its that time of year and we're all exposed to xmas parties, alcohol, choccies and party food. We're all entitled to a treat now and then and if we put weight on, we put weight on, we can always lose it the next week. Don't see it as a diet, see it as a lifestyle choice :)

4lbs - well done Suzanne that's a great week. I've managed 1lb this week. Which I'm actually quite pleased about given that I've had my work Christmas do on Thursday. I'm definitely up to continue the challenge x

Morning girls

Well done Suzanne and Karen :). Am so please you're up for a summer challenge :). I am sure we'll all put weight on over Christmas so we can start a brand new challenege in Jan. Its really helping my motivation having this thread and friends going through the same thing.

Hi to everyone else :)

Suzanne, I know exactly what you mean about the 11 stone barrier!!! I am 11st and 1/2 lb still (have stayed this same this week - which is better than a gain), I can't wait to see the 10stone 13 on the scales. It seems to be that stone mark that just makes you feel so different whether its getting to 10 stone something or 15 stone something, just getting down to the next mark makes you feel much more positive and motivated somehow.

How have the exams been going?

Today I am going to put up my CHristmas tree then am off out for a meal tonight (am hoping I can find something in my wardrobe to fit:).

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

In the New Year, let me know if any one is up for swapping mobile numbers so we can text motivation too if needed :).

Speak soon xxx

Suzanne (wk 1) - 4lb :) (Wk 2) - 4lb :)

Becca (wk1) -3 1/2 lb :), (Wk2) -1lb :) (Wk 3) - STS

Karen (wk1) -2lb :) (Wk 2) - 1lb :)

Clare

Weigh in days are:

Well done Suzanne on your loss :) Its been a very long time since I've had a loss like that! Karen a lb is really good given you were at a party. I sts but tbh its a miracle I wasn't up. I've had the most stressful few days studying for the exam today and food thoughts went out the window. 1 down 4 to go but I'm determined to limit the damage this week so from tomorrow its back to tracking and eating healthy. We're going out when exams are finished and I've a gorgeous dress so I want to look well in it. Also count me up for the summer challenge. I'll have more time once exams are over and summer in my next goal.

:break_diet:Oh. My. God!!

I have THE worst willpower in the history of the world!! I went out on Saturday as I arranged a surprise party for 3 of my best mates birthdays, and I got totally drunk and ended up with kebab and cheesey chips! Argh!! It was a good night though, and must have levelled this out with dancing right?! Ha!

I'll weigh in tomorrow but not expecting a loss :( to be honest if I could STS over this month and hit it hard in January then I'd be happy(ish). December is such a tough month to diet.

Going to do an online shop today and get my life sorted out. I hate being the size I am so I really need to get some willpower.

Becca we could set a little private facebook group up!

Hope you've all had a good weekend. Happy Monday! xx

Morning girls

oh dear - some people not sounding very happy today. Clare, I know exactly how you feel hun. I quite often get those 'I hate myself and the size I am ' feelings, in fact get them quite often. Its awful I know hun, but we all just have to remember that it is Christmas after all and there is lots of celebrating etc to be done. And, if your reason for a blow out was because you'd been out after arranging a party for your friends, then so be it .................... just remember that was a lovely lovely thing you did for them :).

To be honest with you all - dieting in December is a bloody nightmare (although Suzanne is doing sooooooooooooooo well :)). There is so much temptation around, then meals out etc. If nothing else girls we are here supporting each other and listening to each other every day, so even if we all put on at least we're there to listen build ourselves up for a super duper start in Jan :). After all, New Year - New start to us :)

Fab idea about the facebook group - does anyone know how to do that? My facebook name is Rebecca Groves, and the profile pic is my wedding one if anyone wants to hunt me down :) (I dont post much though but would if we could have a private group)

As for me, I went for a meal on Saturday with some friends and family and ate and drank far to much. I am dreading the scales this week (will be Friday not Sat), I have a work lunch tomorrow, another work lunch Friday, then going to a Murder Mystery Christmas Party Friday night. Mind you, I am going to enjoy them i've decided cos I dont want to spend the whole night worrying about what i've eaten and not enjoy myself. I'm not giving up this side of Crimbo, but have decided to be realistic - its only just over 2 weeks til the new year when I can start fresh and give it my all :).

Eabha when will all your exams be over hun? Good luck with them :).

Hi to everyone else :)

Just out of interest, what exercise do you ladies do? I have bought the Zumba DVD's which are so much fun - I love them, and I do ballroom and latin dancing, apart from that I sit on my backside in an office all day!

Well, sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away.

Good luck for weigh ins this week - whatever the outcome we can always fix it if necessary :)

Hugs x

It's ridiculous isn't it?! I do often wonder why I let myself eat rubbish when I know I am full of so much self hate - it doesn't make sense!

Ha oddly enough I have just been looking at a menu for a work meal that I am going to on Weds night, and panicking! I have no idea how to lose this month, but like you say - it really isn't long until the new year when all I will be able to afford is beans on toast anyway!! :D

I think I know how to set up a group, if you can all let me know your full names I will do it later as I can't access FB in work. Becca my full name is Clare Patterson so when you get a request later, its meeeee!

I am so looking forward to starting our challenge. I am not doing much exercise at the moment but the best DVD i have ever done is the 30 day shred. That is what I will be using in January to start things off properly!

xx

Morning ladies!!

2 pounds off - no idea how that has happened!! But h-a-p-p-y! Bang on 11 stone, I WILL SEE THE 10's NEXT WEEK!!

I hope you are all having a good week - good luck with WI today Toni :)

xx

Fan - bloody - tastic clare :). Well done hun. Am proud of you.

My week is up the spout already - had a team lunch today, and just sat with a glass of wine in my hand, and hubby has a big bar of Dairy milk that I can't help but eye up!!!!! Am trying so hard, but at the same time keep thinking it is Crimbo after all. Had a really loooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg day in work and am a little stressed as you can probably tell!!! :)

Can't wait for our Summer challenge :). We'll all be looking and feeling sooooooooooo much better i'm sure. Actually, does anyone fancy setting ourselves a goal of a shopping trip in say July??? Dont know where you all live (apart from Clare), but maybe we could do Birmingham, or Cheltenham or somewhere central. Would be a nice aim :)

Toni how have you got on hun?

I cant believe its nearly 2012 - how quickly has this year gone?? Still ladies, 2012 is going to be OUR year:).

Speak to you all tomorrow

Love Bec xx

Suzanne (wk 1) - 4lb :) (Wk 2) - 4lb :)

Becca (wk1) -3 1/2 lb :), (Wk2) -1lb :) (Wk 3) - STS

Karen (wk1) -2lb :) (Wk 2) - 1lb :)

Clare (wk 1) - 2lb :)

Weigh in days are:

Hey Clare, well done on your weigh in this week. It made me think - most have talked about what 'bad' weeks we've had, but actually look how well we're all doing!! Imagine what we can do in January when we really try!

To reply to an earlier question:
Over winter I'm an exercise bike person. Can't say I love it - but I go on whenever I watch Eastenders or I'm not allowed to watch it! I also like Tracy Anderson's DVD when I've got time.

Well positive thoughts everyone, tomorrow (or today - depending when you're reading this!) is a new day.........

K x

Back