Starting Cambridge in Jan - looking for friends!

Well done on sticking with it! Sounds like you've had a busy time, but that can be better than waiting around thinking about food. I'm coming to the end of day 2. Yesterday ok, but really hungry today. Feel strong about it as I was expecting it. Hoping it won't last more than the next day or two. Come on ketosis! And I'm already looking forward to my first weigh in, so that is helping.

Hi Jen,

I have also had the implant and it was removed in October last year. In 10 years I had not had a period as I had the implant fitted, then one week after staring Cambridge my periods started. Just before my stomach was also terribly bloated. Xxx

Hi everyone,
Had my first weigh in last night and I lost -9.00lb which I’m so relieved about (I was hoping for 10 but I’ll take anything after this week!)
I have to say my consultant Caroline is one of the nicest people ever – I told her that I didn’t feel in ketosis yet and she thinks this might be down to coming on my period and said to give it another week and if I feel the same next weigh in she will change things up.
Thanks for your comment on the implant too – eased my mind a little – did your periods continue monthly after this then? I really hope mine don’t! (p.s. my consultant also said this is quite a common thing)
Has anyone else had their weigh in yet? Good luck to you all – think you’re all doing fantastically well
Jen xx

Jen that's a fantastic loss well done. My weigh in is tonight. Why do you think you have not been in ketosis?

My period should come in about 10 days if it returns, so far only had one.

Keep up the fantastic work xxxx

Good luck for tonight weddingdieter- you'll have to let us know how you get on x

I don't think that I am in ketosis as I'm still very hungry and now on day 8 . . . plus still feeling groggy and tired and apparently you should have a small surge of energy . . . I'm drinking way over the water as well to fill me up and yet the hunger pangs just don’t seem to disappear which is a bit miserable! My consultant said it could be to do with my period and to go out it again how I have been and we will review on Wednesday

Well fingers crossed we both don’t start getting periods again on a monthly basis . . . !

Jen xx

Thanks for your support Jen.

I have lost 0.9 kg this week so I am a little disappointed. My consultant says that the closer I get to my goal weight the more difficult it will become.

Will keep trying hard. Keep up with your water xxxx

Hello!!

I started Cambridge diet on 7th January and i get married on August 17th...have 5 stone to lose before it...Hoping for some support and people that are wanting to just eat constantly haha xx

Hi skinny bride. Congrats on your forthcoming marriage. Have you got your dress sorted yet?

Happy to give you all the support I can. How are you finding the diet?xxx

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week – looking forward to the weekend but then again I find staying on the diet harder at the weekend – more temptation!

Weddingdieter – well done on your 0.9kg (I think that’s about 2lb) which is still a very healthy weight loss for a week. I think your consultant is right – the closer you get to your goal the harder it will become but at that rate you’ll still average just over half a stone a month which is fantastic and don’t ever forget how far you have come too.

Welcome Skinnybride – how are you finding the CWP so far? You must be so excited for your wedding – you’ll have to let us know how you’re getting on too

Jen xx

Hi evryone,

I've cheated tonight - first time in 9 days! Went round a friends and she had a buffett!! ok so all I had was a bit of grilled chicken - maybe 100g and half a boiled egg . . . everyone else had all the lovely things but I just had a few tiny mouthfuls of those two things! I do feel really guilty but those were two of the items my consultant said to have if I really had to . . . one thing I am proud of is that I didn't drink - it would of been so easy and nice to share the prosecco and red with the girls but I resisted their attepts to try and get me to leave my car there and taxi it home so I could indulge but I resisted. Now home, had fun, wish I was tipsy but at least no hangover for tomorrow!

I am feeling super guily though - I will be very annoyed it I have ruined next weeks weigh in!

Jen xx

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, seems like you only'cheated' with v high protein stuff, shouldn't be enough to do any damage. I struggled last night. Hubby & daughter had lasagne and I had a teeny bit. Only about an amount that would fit into a tea cup, if that, but still felt bad. I didn't have my last shake. Stupid thing was, I wasn't even slightly hungry but I ate it anyway.

So, back to 100% today. I knew weekends would be difficult but I still feel determined. I'm not going to dwell on a tiny blip and neither should you!

I think you should be proud that you had so little, you only had sensible stuff, and avoided the alcohol!

Onwards and upwards!

xxx

Hi skinny and Jen,

Weekends are hardest for me too and i had a couple of glasses of wine last night. Don't beat yourself up too much as it does sound like you only had very small amounts of what you ate. Good luck for today.
Best wishes
Wedding dieter xxx

Thank you. Jumped on the scales this morning although I'm not meant to weigh until Monday. 11lbs off! Woo hoo :) That's what I need to keep me on the straight and narrow. I love the first week of weight loss!

Thank you! Wouldn't this weight loos lark be easier if it carried on coming off that quick? I'd be done by Easter :)

Back