Starting Cambridge Weight Plan 22nd February!

Hi Girls - just weighed in....3 days officially (started Saturday) have lost 7lb!! I had the most awful headache yesterday though but fortunately today it's gone so let's hope there are no more! I'm not feeling particularly hungry but when my tummy rumbles I tell myself there is a monster in there eating my fat he he! Eat away, eat away!!!

Hi Girls - just weighed in....3 days officially (started Saturday) have lost 7lb!! I had the most awful headache yesterday though but fortunately today it's gone so let's hope there are no more! I'm not feeling particularly hungry but when my tummy rumbles I tell myself there is a monster in there eating my fat he he! Eat away, eat away!!!

7 lb in 3 days....... Omg!! Wow!! Masssssive well down huni xx What plan you on? I'm on day 3, terrible taste in my mouth and hoping I'm in ketosis. X x x

just realised it's 4 days not 3 but still happy with my loss :) I'm on Cambridge Sole Source so 3 products a day and lots of water! I have the bad taste too - sugar free gum is helping :) Good luck and keep going!

I don't think you're allowed sugar free gum? Anyway congrats on your excellent losses!

Hi all, I started yesterday (25th Feb) - 3 stone to lose, 2 stone ideally in 8weeks when I am Maid of Honour at my sister's wedding!
Buddy required/needed/appreciated!! x

I was told by my consultant that I could chew sugar free gum but to be careful as it could make me hungry. I'm confused now! Welcome Soph :)

Hi all, I started yesterday (25th Feb) - 3 stone to lose, 2 stone ideally in 8weeks when I am Maid of Honour at my sister's wedding! Buddy required/needed/appreciated!! x

Very very similar to me, I got 3 stone maybe 4, and got my sisters wedding in July..... Started Monday !! I'm on day 3 :)

Wow you would thinks that all the consultants would be saying the same thing..... I was told yes to sugar free gum, but not to chew it for too long x x x

I have a special wedding in June (21st) it's a gay wedding for two of my friends and my twin daughters (4) are going to be flower girls. There is a dress I want to buy but the biggest size they do is an 18.....so I have a similar goal. I also have my own wedding to prepare for which isn't until August 2015 but I'm going to need until at least the end of this year to get to goal weight.

Thank you teebee! So exciting about your friends and your weddings!

Yes very similar kazagirt79. My consultant said as long as I stick with the SS and really work at it for the whole time I will get atleast 1.5 to 2 stone off for the wedding! Im kind of regretting not starting 4 weeks ago when I said I would.... but hey ho I cant go back so must carry on as I can!

What are you guys all following? Day 2 and I start to get hungry around this time and then throughout the afternoon I know I am going to be fighting with myself lol! Oh well tonight = early to bed with the other half (he is on Herbalife), so we have agreed shakes in bed with a movie at 7:15pm! Then tomorrow a night to myself so a bubble bath and early night! Just need to get through the first week which I know is the hardest! First weigh in on Sunday (so only 5 days) but hoping the scales moving down will keep me going the rest of the time!
xx

I started on Saturday, Sole Source so 3 products a day plus water. I was hungry the first couple of days but that has gone now (I think it goes when you are in ketosis) and now I struggle to have 3 shakes. I am looking forward to week 3 when I can have a CWP choc bar :) I had an awful headache yesterday (probably carb withdrawal) but it has gone today. I have had all the symptoms expected (including bad breath urgh) but the good outweighs the bad. I did this for 3 weeks last year then couldn't afford to continue. This time I can afford it (just!) and feel so much more focussed. Stick with it through the hunger Soph. I tell myself when I've got a rumbly tummy that it's the Cambridge Monster eating my fat :)

Thanks for that teebee! I can 100% say that I HATE the soups but love everything else so far! The hot apple and cinnamon porridge was to die for last night! Better than normal porridge! and so far the shakes have been so good! Yesterday I had a 4th shake which my consultant told me to have to avoid giving up and bingeing! Tonight I will just have my shake in bed and then relax/sleep. Definitely want to make sure I have no more than 3 shakes a day now!

I am excited - what are the signs of ketosis? I currently feel like everytime I swallow I have a cotton wall ball in my throat and think the bad breath is coming!! Just want to get through the first week and hear what i've lost cause I know that'll be what pushes me through!
I like that idea re: the Cambridge Monster :) xx

Soph, I hate porridge so have not chosen that at all, I have some soup to try but I'm not the biggest fan of soup so I'm worried about it! My Consultant said I could add chilli to it and pepper to spice it up a bit. I just need something hot! I tried a chocolate shake hot and it was vile :S so I won't do that again!

I know I'm in ketosis because of my breath. My husband tells me when it's bad and I have a mouth wash and stuff to hand! I can taste a metallic taste in my mouth pretty much all of the time too. You used to be able to buy ketosticks from the chemist, not sure if you still can but might be worth trying.

Do you know anyone who has done Cambridge successfully? I do, a lady I know did it last year, lost 8 stone and went from a 24 to a 12....she is my inspiration!

See I love porridge so thats why I chose it! The soups taste vile and they have this really horrible powdery water texture which is why I dont like them. So far I have tried chocolate, banana and cappucino shakes and I love them!

Yeah i've definitely got that metalicy taste and I think the bad breath has kicked in but I wonder if I am just being paranoid! I will have a look - all I care about is what those scales say on Sunday! I just hope that I haven't left it too long to lose the weight for the wedding!

I don't know anyone that has done it hence the fact I have no inspiration other than what I read online! Wow that woman's loss is amazing!

Loving the cambridge monster bit ladies :)

I'm kinda tired and lethargic today, but not hungry..... Yesterday like you were saying soph, between 2 and 5 I struggled... But I'm on the soul source plus..... So I get a 200 calorie meal with 3 shakes, I don't feel like I have lost weight, just feel bloated :( I have a hen weekend in Tenerife in two weeks so I really wanted to get stuck in,..

Wonder if our losses will be similar with me being on a different plan, that will be interesting x x x

kazagirt79 - I am not too bad this afternoon! So I think holding out for another 2.5hours for my last shake will be okay (as an hour of that is travelling home.) I think keeping busy is the key with this (and not having manky CD soups for lunch!) Keep powering through the day is almost done!
I feel bloated too from all the water and the shakes and all I keep thinking is 'I HOPE I LOSE WEIGHT!!'
You'll feel great for the hen - what are you doing about CD plan whilst you are there - i've organised my sister's hen weekend in Barcelona in 4wks but I am sticking to the plan 100% whilst I am there - my eyes are on the PRIZE (the wedding day/my bridesmaid dress).

Yeah that would be interesting! When is your weigh in? x

Have you tried splitting your shake in 2? You can have half when you're not so hungry such as in the morning and save the other half for the afternoon when you get hungry? Or, split all of them and eat 6 times a day instead of 3?

I didnt think of that teebee! But I think i'll just stick to eating the 3 times a day. Im so used to eating constantly all day every day (hence the need to lose weight) I think training my body to stop 'picking' and eating so regularly might be a good for me!

oohh do the shakes taste the same doing it that way??

I had a sneaky weigh in just now, 3.5lb loss, I'm on day 4, I was kinda hoping for more than that to be honest, why do we automatically beat ourselves up about it,

with the hen weekend I think I'm gonna come off it, but the more I'm doing it the more I'm thinking I don't want to ruin all the hard work :( x x x

I feel find today, little grumbly tummy but not really hungry x x x

Dont worry Kazagirt79 - still only 4 days in and almost that to go before end of 1st week! 3.5lbs is loads already!
I am staying on for the hen weekend because I would rather enjoy the wedding lol and I dont want to undo what i've worked hard at!
Keep powering through - we can do this! x

Back