STARTING CD TODAY.. Arghhhh...

Well got on the scales this morning & they say I have put 4lb on since monday. :eek:
Maybe I wasnt so lucky with ttom after all..

Never mind will see what monday brings.

Oh there is a programme on tonight at 9pm where a size 12 girl decides to go on a size zero diet for 8 weeks to see what happens....

X

Morning Chick.. hopefully 4lb will be pee'd away once the dreaded ttom hormones have calmed..

I read about that woman on skynews, madness! but of course I shall have to watch ;)

Hi Kelly

I saw a little bit about the program on LK today this morning.. it looks v v interesting!!

I've just been reading a few of your posts (I've only just worked out what TOTM means.. lol duh!)

I'm a bit of an amature at this crazy diet thing but I do know that TOTM is a nightmare, it's the only time of the month I actually crave chocolate!! but it does add LOADS of pounds in water retention so who cares about weight loss, ignore it till aunt flow has left the building lol

hope you get your moose recipe soon

Lizzie x

Thanks CW!!! BBC Three do a LOT of dieting programmes don't they?!?!?! Must pay more attention to that channel methinks!

Well done on your loss!

I'm sure it'll be bigger next week as you lose the retained water.

Amy

Hey Kelly, I'm sure that 4lb isn't a true weight gain, I've copied the following from the sticky thread on the recipe page, hope its the right one as I've never made it myself either.

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Shake Pack
1 Scoop Mix-A-Mousse
150 mls water
Utensils :
Good quality hand blender (Recommended 600 watt)
Spoon
Pyrex Jug
Method :
1. Assemble the ingredients and utensils.
resserver.php

2. Put 150mls of water into the Pyrex Jug and put into the freezer compartment for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the water as soon as crystals start to form on the surface.
resserver.php

3. Remove from freezer and pour the shake pack onto the surface of the water.
resserver.php

4. Without stirring pour the scoop of Mix-A-Mousse onto the top of the shake pack.
resserver.php

5. Put a high quality hand blender (500 watts or more recommended) into the mixture and blend for 60 seconds.
resserver.php

6. Pull out the blender and scrape the remaining powder and mixture back into the mixture with a spoon and blend for a further 15 seconds.
resserver.php

7. Return the pyrex jug to the freezer compartment for 10 minutes (you can leave for longer if you want a more ice cream texture).
resserver.php

8. You will know it is set if you can turn it upside down and it doesn't land on your feet :)
resserver.php

9. If you look up into the pyrex jug you will see bubbles on the surface and no sign of any gelatin lumps.
resserver.php

10. Enjoy!! :)
Please note that a cheap blender will not mix it well enough and will leave lumps in it which are very grim!!!

Thanks, :D
Just wasnt sure how much water was needed..

Aren't these days flying over. Will soon be Xmas again. lol..
You would think it was nearly Xmas by the weather, how I didnt fall flat on my arse this morning outside I will never know.

Well last nite I went to my b/f & we decided to watch more CSI, I am totally addicted, I got him all the latest box sets for Xmas so we are slowly going through them, I felt a huge feeling to have some chocolate, I wasnt really hungry but my body was screaming 'I WANT CHOCOLATE'.
I knew keith had a big white toblerone left from Xmas & I begged him to open it, but he said over & over 'NO' as soon as it gets open he knows its there then so will just eat it till its gone,
well he did stick by his guns & left it unopened. I ended up having 2 cups of tea & a mint club instead,, :cry: lol

Really got to ignore my little voice wanted me to eat 'crap' as I am just going round in circles.

Does anyone else crave chocolate & cakes etc while its ttom???????????????

Oh yes I crave, what I would'nt give for a smooth rich chocolate bar, oh well Il have to wait til the summertime.

bm2lm xx

Hiya Guys, :(

Haven't posted for a while & didnt get weighed this week.
I have to say my mind has not been on the diet the past few days as found out on Sunday that my little nana isn't well at all, I think some of you may remember that my little nan was poorly at xmas time but manage to pull through.

I went to see her on Sunday, she normally sits in the TV room with the other residents as she lives in a home.
She was in her room, the doctor had got her a special bed which fills half of her little room, it's like an air bed filled with warm water that vibrates, with white padded sides so she doesnt fall out. She is tiny anyway me nan, under 5ft so you can imagine how small she looks in this huge bed!
Its quite scary as it looks like a bloody coffin!!

She has lost a lot of weight recently, she is under 5 stone now, she looked so pale, her eyes were glazed over, she is basically skin & bone, if she loses anymore weight she will dissappear. Its really sad to see her like she is, She isn't eating or drinking as she cant swallow much, we are just giving her a small amount of water or tea in a syringe for her to swallow. Me nan loves her cups of tea & loves anything sweet like her chocolate, sweets and cakes, but she cant eat anything now, she isnt taking any painkillers as she cant take any by mouth & as far as an injection goes, her skin is so thin & delicate having an injection would tear her skin..

She will be 95 this year so she is doing fab, but to be honest I cant see her making a recovery which breaks my heart to say. She is still talking to us all but keeps drifting in & out of sleep all the time. Its like she is frightened to go into a deep sleep. She has also shouted out for her mam & her brother who both passed away over 30 years ago, its funny how they go back in time, she says all the time "I want to go home" & when you ask her "where do you live" she says "gill street" well thats where they used to live when me big nana was younger so over 55yrs ago..
Its sad to see my big nana upset too as its my little nana's daughter. (we have 5 generations in our family)

She has always had a gob on her me nana & is still not shy in telling us off, I will worry when she does stop telling us off. She used to tell all the other woman to "mind there own bloody business, bugger off" whenever they asked her a question, she has me bad laughing.

I have been trying to spend every spare time with me nana going twice a day as to be honest I dont know how long she has left, every day she seems as thou her features are changing, you go on a night and she is worse, slurring her words so you sometimes cant understand her.

So there you are my life story, I feel a little better after sharing that as I suppose some of you have been in this position at some time or other.

So any 'other' spare time I have I will try & catch up on here, I love to come on minimins at least once a day, I miss so much..

Take Care

Hugs

Kel..

X

By the way a HUGE well done to LOU for your loss this week your doing fab girl..XX :D

And a MASSIVE welcome to MANDZ, I recommended her to join minimins for the support & advice plus you couldnt ask for a better bunch of people if your feeling down..
I have had a quick look at your posts & you seem to be fitting in just fine.. XX :D

aww darling like I said earlier.the diet can wait you need to focus on the other important things in your life at the mo, we will all be here when you feel ready.

My nan is in a similar situation, but she also suffers from alzheimers(sp??) and I am always in tears when i leave her............bless. She was 87 in january.

I am thinking of you honey, text me whenever you need me babe.

hugs and kisses to you

Lou X

Oh Kelly reading your post brought tears to my eyes. How lucky you are to have had her for so long in your life and how lucky she is that she has a loving supportive family.

Lou's right - your diet can take a back seat to this. Take care of yourself and we're always here if you want to come on and post. Lots of (((HUGS)))

I was sorry to learn about your Nan, I wouldnt worry about the diet at the moment, just continue what you are doing and spending the time with her.

Take care
xx

Hi Kelly,

so sorry to hear about your grandmother's illness <hugs>

Amy

Sorry to hear about your Nana.

Sod the diet family are so much more important. I hope the next few days aren't too hard for you. I know your nana will love having your company even if she can not tell you.

Kelly, thinking of you and your family at this really difficult time. Nat xx

Thank You ALL so much for your well wishes & kind words, I cant tell you how much it means to me. :D

Well its been a week since me nana had something properly to eat, she managed a few spoons of ice cream & yoghurt the other day but not much to put any weight on her, she is still being a little fighter, she told the nurses to 'piss off and leave her alone' yesterday, she's so funny.

With her having alzheimers she doesnt know who we are but some days are worse than others, she remembered that the 'big man' has her money & she wanted it back yesterday, she is right, one of her sons is looking after her money although she started shouting saying 'she wants her money back NOW & we should get cracking to get it back', when I asked her how much she had she said ' I only have a few bob'.. Awww bless her..

I cant help but look at her thinking how awful life must be at the moment for her, I would hate to have that type of life If I live to be nearly 95, she isnt living her life anymore she is basically existing..

She keeps saying 'I want the toilet, I need a pee', its awful trying to explain that she can have a wee in her pad well its like a nappy really. All her dignity has gone!!

Well thought I would just share that with you..

Hugs...

Kel

X

Thought for the day -

Appreciate the people in your life while you still have them.

Hi Kelly,

I had tears rolling down my face reading your post about your Nana.

It is very painful seeing someone we love so much fading away before our eyes.

What a fantastic age 94!!!

Your Nana sounds like a fun character:)

it is a hard time for you and thanks for sharing your Nana's story with us and how you are now.

I can see how this is so very tough for you Kelly.

Hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Back