STARTING CD TODAY.. Arghhhh...

kelly1977

Back On CD.......
Well Hello me diet buddies, :D

I have re-started CD again today, I gained 8lb over xmas but lost 3lb last week as I was full of flu and totally went off my food.

So a new year & a NEW me in 2007.

Its my 30th this year so I really want a new body for then.
Think this could be the year my boyfriend will propose so it will be a double celebration if it happens. :D

I am currently 13st 5lb, I started CD at 14st 4lb so I have kept a little bit off from last year.
The least I have weighed being on CD is 12st 4lb & I felt fab, so I would love to get another stone off from that so I am in the 11's..
I have never been in the 11's for as long as I can remember.

I know its gonna be hard work but I have set my mind on losing this weight.
I have been reading everyones thread & it really inspires me to do well, I hate feeling the way I do at the moment.. :mad:

So any advice or anyone starting today please reply, Support is the key to a good weight loss I think..

Hugs

Kel
X

Good luck Kelly.

I put on 10lbs over the Xmas/New Yr break - taking me up to 13.13 - weighed myself today and back down to 13.7 .... so really pleased.

I'll look in on you and check up - if you do the same for me??? The more support/kicking a*** the better!

Hi girls, :D

Yeah it would be fab if we all supported each other.
I am the same weight near enough as you flirty..
How long u been back on CD for?

Oh my internet has been playing up so if I havent been on for a few days you know why..

X

Hello!!!!!!!!

Hiya darling!! so good to have you back on here too!

I have had a good day today, which is just as well after yesterday!(but you know about that anyway!)

As you know the weight will be falling off of us, as long as we stick to it 100% and drink tonnes of water!

We will be slim jims this yr!!

Hugs honey hope day 1 is going good, chat later

Lou XX

Thanks Lou for your support your a total diamond. :D

Well I started CD yesterday but my back started to really play up (I have neck/back problems) I couldnt take the pain anymore so I took 1 of my strong pills (doc says I can only take them if its really bad) as they do send me as if I am floating so I had to take them with food so I ate a slice of toast which wasnt the best thing to eat which leaded to another slice. Anyway spent most of yesterday in bed.

So today is another day, my back is still bad but took some of my other pills and hopefully it will ease off, weighed myself this morning though & weighed in at 13st 7lb so I have put 2lb on since yesterday morning. :mad:

So today will be the start of my CD journey..

X

Hi hun, sorry to hear about your back probs, if you need to take any pills with food you could try mixing one of your packs into a muffin or crisps? saves falling off the wagon, or can you get hold of any of the bars for emergency tablet taking situations? LOL
Anyhow hope your back pain eases off soon and good luck with your diet xx

Sorry to hear about your back problems. But keep reminding yourself that you have done this before and you WILL do it again.

What is it about toast? I had the same problem on day 3. 1 slice never seems to be enough. I wouldn't even have bread in the house except I need it for my daughters school lunch.

Anyway, I hope your back pain gets well enough for you to carry on with CD. As I said if you did it before you WILL do it again.

Good luck.
Sarah

I started again yesterday after breaking for a month over christmas and new year. Not sure how but I only actually gained 1/2lb. I currently weigh 11st 11.75lbs adn want to loose at least 2.5 more stone or even 3!

I started again yesterday after breaking for a month over christmas and new year. Not sure how but I only actually gained 1/2lb. I currently weigh 11st 11.75lbs adn want to loose at least 2.5 more stone or even 3!

Hi there,

You have done fab to only put on 1/2lb. Well done u!!
I would love to be your weight, I am trying to get to 11 & 1/2 st then 11st but I would truly love to be 10st, thats 4st 4lb I would of lost, wow its sounds so much when you are typing it. lol

Well good luck..

Kel
x

Day 2 Of Cd & Feeling Quite Sickly....

Well day 2 of CD & I am struggling big time, I have decided I am going to still have my cups of tea & have a small amount of milk as I couldnt live without a cuppa & dont really like it black. Besides I lost more weight not being in ketosis the last time I done CD.. (How does that work) lol..

I felt quite sickly yesterday, I am not sure whether it was all the pills I was popping or CD but I couldnt drink anymore than I did, I drank nearly 3 litres & when I went on CD before I was drinking at least 4 litres..

So I will try my best today as I know the more you drink the more you shrink. Still cant shake off this sickly feeling though.. :(

XX

Last edited:
maybe u'll settle down after a few days. not much fun feeling sick so hope it subsides soon for you.

imagine how sick u will feel on ur 30th if u have gone off the boil completely and not done what u had wanted to do?

I started this diet cos of my 30th birthday looming too but i did it late in the day. my birthday is less than a week away and ive lost a stone with 9 to go! will still be skinny while im 30 though. (loo at my determined scowl... :mad: grrr)

i was told by my CDC that 1/2 pint of skimmed milk per day is fine on CD? was i misinformed? i thought u could enjoy a cuppa with the milk allowance and still be in ketosis on the strength of CDC saying so :confused:

hope u r feeling better soon. xxxx

Well today is day 3 of CD & all is NOT well.. :(

I thought I would weigh myself to spur me on & I have only lost 1lb, I am totally trashed. Normally I would of at least lost 3lb by now.

Yesterday I have a tetra for breakfast but had it around 1.30pm so was my dinner really then I made some oriental chilli crisps (probably not allowed to have them yet but I couldnt do CD without them) then went to my boyfriends as I was staying there had a few crisps & thought they were disgusting so I binned them, ended up having a small fish (without batter) with some red cabbage. I still can only manage 3 litres of water as this sickly feeling wont shift. Then I had 1 chocolate from his mams dairy box. :eek:

So really never had many calories as only had 1 pack, a fish & 1 chocolate..

Does anyone have an answer to why only 1 lb in 2 days..

I know any loss is better than nothing.

Kel

HI THERE

KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL AS I ONLY LOST 1 1/2 LBS THIS WEEK. :( AS I SAID IN MY THREAD I HAD BEEN ''MOSTLY'' GOOD BUT I AM AFRAID I DONT THINK THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH (IN MY CASE). I REALLY DO THINK WE HAVE TO BE 100% GOOD.

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN PICKING AT TEENY WEENY BITS THIS WEEK & I SUPPOSE OVER THE COURSE OF 7 DAYS IT DOES ALL ADD UP.:eek:

I ALSO THINK IT'S BECAUSE IN THIS DRAB OLD WEATHER WE SIT ABOUT MORE (I DO!) SO I HAVE NOW STRAPPED ON THE OLD PEDOMETER & AM GOING TO DO 10,000 STEPS EVERY DAY :rolleyes:

CHIN UP WE CAN DO IT! :D

Hugs to you honey.....

but you know as well as I do its got to be all or nothing!

There are days when we have a few nibbles and the packs and we work it out and have only had a couple of calories.......but that isnt how VLCD works.

The scales dont hate you hon...you have just got to be honest with yourself. You know that when followed to the letter CD works better than anything we have ever done before.You can do this....keep on drinking te water and be honest with yourself babe.

Here with you all the way, Hugs and kisses Lou X

Hi girls, :D

Yeah it would be fab if we all supported each other.
I am the same weight near enough as you flirty..
How long u been back on CD for?

Kelly - I've been on it properly now since Friday - so what's that ..... 6 days. Went into ketosis on Monday - could not understand why i was so cold! DOH!! Now I am down to 13.5 .... so looking at those 12's soon!

i was told by my CDC that 1/2 pint of skimmed milk per day is fine on CD? was i misinformed? i thought u could enjoy a cuppa with the milk allowance and still be in ketosis on the strength of CDC saying so :confused:

That is on 790 plan. However I do use skimmed milk in my tea and stay in ketosis.

Well today is day 3 of CD & all is NOT well.. :(

I thought I would weigh myself to spur me on & I have only lost 1lb, I am totally trashed. Normally I would of at least lost 3lb by now.

Yesterday I have a tetra for breakfast but had it around 1.30pm so was my dinner really then I made some oriental chilli crisps (probably not allowed to have them yet but I couldnt do CD without them) then went to my boyfriends as I was staying there had a few crisps & thought they were disgusting so I binned them, ended up having a small fish (without batter) with some red cabbage. I still can only manage 3 litres of water as this sickly feeling wont shift. Then I had 1 chocolate from his mams dairy box. :eek:

So really never had many calories as only had 1 pack, a fish & 1 chocolate..

Does anyone have an answer to why only 1 lb in 2 days..

I know any loss is better than nothing.

I think with Cambridge i have to do it ALL or nothing. Some people can cheat and add a little bit of this etc - I can't .... and maybe you are the same??? And you are right any loss is good - a pound is a pound ... and if you stick with it the rest will soon add on and before long you'll be a stone down.
Good luck - will keep popping in!

Hi hun, the scales don't hate you and you will do it but just one thing these diets work because we get all the nutrients we need in our packs so even though we are on such low calories our bodies don't go into starvation mode but if you don't have all your packs your body will be getting very little calories and very little nutrients so will rebel and try to hold on to the weight! You must have all your packs even if you've nibbled a few things because otherwise your body will not comply, also you have to think of your health too hun you can't survive on so few calories without all your basic nutrients because your body will start to break down muscle to feed itself vital nutrients, this is a big problem because then with less muscle your metabolism suffers and weightloss will be all but impossible!!!
Chin up hun today is another day, just have all your packs and drink your water and in a few days the scales will cooperate again xx

Well I have let myself down again, why do I do it??

Yesterday I had 1 pack for a late dinner then had loads of water during the day & when me brother came home he ordered a takeaway with his g/f, me dad & me mam so me thinking in a aam way thought I will be healthy and have chicken with salad, which I did & I really enjoyed it.
Got on the scales this morning & I am back to the weight I was on Monday.
I dont know why I cheated this week its just like I need the food, I maybe should of reduced the carbs before I started CD then it wouldnt of been so hard to stick to.
Its weird as when I am not on a diet I crave for naughty things like sweets, cakes etc, but when I am on SS I crave healthy food like chicken & salad. Maybe as I know I am not allowed it. :eek:
So the past 3 days have been for nothing.
I have only myself to blame.. :(

Katie from here is starting CD again on monday so at least I will have someone to help me through it, support helps me big time, especially when I have a diet buddy who is going through the diet with me. It spurs me on as my competitive streak comes out. I dont mean that in a bad way it just makes me stick to it more..

Kel

hey kelly... its mad the way we crave good food on this diet eh??? i'm the same!!!

there is loads and loads of support on here so just soak it all up.. and get as many buddies as ya can!!

how is ur mam getting on?? wasn't she doing this as well for a while??

Gen xx

hey kelly... its mad the way we crave good food on this diet eh??? i'm the same!!!

there is loads and loads of support on here so just soak it all up.. and get as many buddies as ya can!!

how is ur mam getting on?? wasn't she doing this as well for a while??

Gen xx

Thanks for your post Gen..
My mam is just healthy eating at the moment as her mind is not set on CD as yet, she will re-start again in the next few weeks.
It was much easier for me when me mam was on CD at least we could support each other but me mam will start again when she is ready..

XX

Back