Starting Exante in the new year - anyone else?

Fell off the diet wagon last night 😭
Best friend turned up in tears, her mums got aggressive terminal cancer and made the decision to stop all treatment, we both spiralled into 2 bottles of prosecco and cried for hours, ordered food when she left (guess I’m a comfort eater and a drunk eater) which surprisingly I couldn’t eat much of, I had a few mouthfuls and I felt so full and sick that I binned in (just in case I went back for more later) really disappointed in myself but gonna have to dust myself off and get back on track today

Best friend turned up in tears, her mums got aggressive terminal cancer and made the decision to stop all treatment, we both spiralled into 2 bottles of prosecco and cried for hours, ordered food when she left (guess I’m a comfort eater and a drunk eater) which surprisingly I couldn’t eat much of, I had a few mouthfuls and I felt so full and sick that I binned in (just in case I went back for more later) really disappointed in myself but gonna have to dust myself off and get back on track today

The main thing is what you do afterwards - i had a major lapse last Sunday and thankfully got through the week with no hiccups, so you are good you are back on track and ready to go again.

No one is perfect hun. Don’t beat yourself up. You are a good friend and did what a good friend should. Just get on with it and surely you’ll get back on track xxxx

Hello everyone!

2 weeks down and so far so good. How is everyone doing? It hasn’t been easy on a few occasions but I have kept a few bars in the car, in my bag, in drawer at work, etc. to reach for when I feel really hungry. The only meal I haven’t really enjoyed is the shepherds pie and my favourite has been the beef and black bean pot - both for ease of preparation and taste. I’ve finally found my way of enjoying the spag too - soak in hot water once I step into the house and by the time I finish sorting the kids half an hour or much more later, I’ll microwave as per instructions with a little spice and garlic paste. Yum!

Breakfast is usually porridge, lunch is a pot meal or shake and dinner is either soup or any other savoury meal. Some days I snack on a bar if I feel really hungry in the day. In the W weekend for a change, I’ve tried the pancake and berry yoghurt for breakfast but didn’t find them filling. I stick to 600-800cals a day.
Results - my clothes are fitting so well, my tummy appears very flat and the wobbly bits that roll over have all vanished 😂. The scale has also shifted from 74kg down to 69kg which I’m chuffed about although I know much of it is water weight.

I wish you all good luck 🤗🤗

Hey, it sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up. It might be water weight for now, but since that's off and you should now be in ketosis, everything you lose from here on out is going to be mostly fat falling off of you!

I'm one week in and 10lb down so far :) Looking forward to seeing what week 2 brings!

I'm really sorry to hear that your friend is going through such a difficult time. It's completely understandable that you would fall off the wagon under those circumstances. Don't beat yourself up about. Good job getting straight back on track today. It's so easy to think, "well I've messed up now... might as well enjoy a couple of days of eating whatever I want". We're all bound to slip up once in a while. The thing that will make the difference is getting straight back up and on it again.

173.jpg

Hi,

Thanks Starbucks, I had a shitty weekend but woke up to find an email from exante, BOGOF on all products today, if that’s not a kick up the arse I dunno what is 😂 off to watch your vlog 😘

Hey losers :classic_tongue:

You are all doing so well, so glad I found this thread.

I started back at Cambridge on 14.01.19 and decided to switch to Exante to see how I get on with that.

I could really do with the extra money I will be saving on these products so hoping and praying I can lose the weight on this plan.

I had my first full Exante day on Saturday and I am on day 8 of my VLCD so far, I am sticking to plan all the way through till 22nd February when I am having a day off cos I need to go to court to submit my divorce papers (yay)!!

I have 4st 5lbs still to lose, I have already lost 2st 2lbs - most of that was weight I lost in 2018.

First WI of this year I lost 4lbs, I stuck to Cambridge for 4 days that week.
2nd WI of this year I lost 2lbs, I was a mix of Cambridge and Exante but was 100% on plan - TOM so that may have contributed to a smaller loss?

Anyway I'm rambling on now!

From today I am going to up my water intake to 4l per day to see if that helps.

Lovely to (virtually) meet you all and looking forward to us all celebrating reaching our goal weights!

Dxxx

Hey losers :classic_tongue:

You are all doing so well, so glad I found this thread.

I started back at Cambridge on 14.01.19 and decided to switch to Exante to see how I get on with that.

I could really do with the extra money I will be saving on these products so hoping and praying I can lose the weight on this plan.

I had my first full Exante day on Saturday and I am on day 8 of my VLCD so far, I am sticking to plan all the way through till 22nd February when I am having a day off cos I need to go to court to submit my divorce papers (yay)!!

I have 4st 5lbs still to lose, I have already lost 2st 2lbs - most of that was weight I lost in 2018.

First WI of this year I lost 4lbs, I stuck to Cambridge for 4 days that week.
2nd WI of this year I lost 2lbs, I was a mix of Cambridge and Exante but was 100% on plan - TOM so that may have contributed to a smaller loss?

Anyway I'm rambling on now!

From today I am going to up my water intake to 4l per day to see if that helps.

Lovely to (virtually) meet you all and looking forward to us all celebrating reaching our goal weights!

Dxxx
Welcome Dolly :)
Congrats on your loss :weight & ex hubby hehe (interested in divorcee club?!)
You’ll get some fab support from the lovely ladies on here! Good luck with your journey xx

Definitely interested in a divorce club! lol

Nice to meet you, Dolly Rocker, good to have you with us :) Look forward to seeing how you get on after upping your water intake. I think it makes a real difference, but in feeling full and energetic and in keeping you from retaining water weight. I definitely feel less bloated when I drink more water. Good luck with Exante! You'll find lots of support here :)

Like that wee note, have to do one myself - had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it looks as though I have only lost 5 pounds (I know only) but I was so good this week - tomorrow is real weigh in day and I so want to be 14 or under! I am in work with bottle of water at my right hand and cup of tea on my left still going strong.

Like that wee note, have to do one myself - had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it looks as though I have only lost 5 pounds (I know only) but I was so good this week - tomorrow is real weigh in day and I so want to be 14 or under! I am in work with bottle of water at my right hand and cup of tea on my left still going strong.

Seriously, what do you mean, 'only'?? 5lb is amazing! :) I'm hoping for 5lb this week as it's only my second week on the diet, but then I'm expecting the losses to drop down to around 3lb a week. Well done on achieving an awesome loss, keep it up! I know we aren't supposed to do any excessive exercise on this diet, but if you want to push for an extra fraction of a lb or so to get under 14, maybe go for a run before bed to burn a few extra cals to give yourself the best chances to get there for your official weigh in?

5lbs is amazing Maddymay!

Love your wee note to yourself Starbuck88.

I'm on black coffee x4 this morning - got a caffeine OD headache now, off to guzzle some water!

Dxxx

Oh no, I hate the caffeine headaches! Hope you feel better soon. Definitely an occasion for drinking lots of water. I can't stomach the black coffee with no sugar so I've been just drinking water and having one spoonful of coffee a day in my shake, and I feel a lot better for it. Had a really bad headache on day one but it passed by day two. Amazingly I feel MORE energetic than before, when I was drinking 6-8 mugs of coffee and a red bull or two a day. Saying that, though, I haven't had my coffee shake yet today and I'm starting to get a bit jittery so the dependence is clearly still there to some degree…

Starbuck88 - Headache is gone now thankfully! Oh I love black coffee, don't get me wrong it took a bit of getting used to but can't drink it any other way now. Sometimes when I visit my sister and before being back on plan I did rather enjoy a coffee with milk and 2 brown sugars though :classic_big_grin:

Had a chocolate orange bar for my first product of the day, really enjoy that one it's kinda like a crispy cereal bar. Tastes kinda similar to the chocolate orange alpen bar.

Another few hours before P2.

Need to drink plenty more water between now and then to keep me going.

Dxxx

I only actually lost 4 pounds did I put on a pound in the middle of the night cos no extra food touched my lips or was it just wishful thinking so still over the 14. Off tomorrow on my 2 day work trip - will take a few packets and see if there is any way I can discretely eat them

Everyone seems to be taking positive steps forward, even if there is the odd slip and not as high a weight loss as you wanted, it's still a loss!

I have been away for the week and on food and have a few more food days to go and then I can get properly started on TS on Wednesday.

I am starting exante total solution monday and need all the support i can get
Hi Juls, good luck with your start on Monday. Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids, it really helps.

Back