Starting from Home

daydreamer25

Hi!

I have been a SW member from June 2013 and lost 1.5 Stone of my 4 St target - been stuck for about a year now and its super depressing.

I have given up classes for a few weeks - too much work, stuff at home and general lack of funds!

Is there anyone who does it from home? How hard/different is it? Do you set a day/time to weigh in each week for yourselves?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks! x

Hi daydreamer, welcome :) and well done on your 1.5 stone loss!

I do SW from home. I've done both groups and online in the past so I have most of the information. It depends how motivating you find the group sessions to be. I personally never found them particularly motivating, but I know other people find them massively motivating, it's whatever works for you. If, like me, you feel they make little difference then you'll probably be ok on your own. If however you find they really help you stay on track then I'd advise you to stick with it.

I don't find it any harder to do from home on my own. I keep a food diary religiously which helps me stay on track. I weigh first thing on a Monday morning every week (which helps me stay focused over the weekend lol). Minimins is absolutely amazing and a life saver in terms of support, a virtual group :)

Whether you stay with the groups or go it alone though, I think you'll need to get your SW mojo back somehow :) It might be worth revisiting why you want to do this in the first place, and remembering how far you've come already. 1.5 stone is not an insignificant amount to lose, and if you've done 1.5 stone, you can do another 1.5 :) Maybe give yourself a smaller target to get to for a future special occasion? Or take a look through the success stories thread on here, it always helps me when I'm struggling, as I think if so many different people in so many different sets of circumstances can do it, I must be able to too :)

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Hi daydreamer and ditto to everything Clair said. I also do it from home but am an on-line member too. Tbh I don't find being an on-line member motivating at all and neither were the groups for me. I only stay as an on-line member for the Syn values really.

Well done on losing 1.5 stone. That's brilliant! Have a good browse through Mini's (gets a bit addictive) and just enjoy our group. It's amazing for advice, recipes, fun, etc so I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck!

Kathy :)

Back