Starting lipotrim!!

Good luck tasha and she-ra .....am a newbie myself ...on day 10 ...as hard as it is at the start the first weigh in really gave me kick up arse to feel more positive about it...
Stick with it
xxxx

whooo.... half a stone down!! I knew it wouldnt be a huge loss as i had already reduced my carbs the week leading up so less water to loose!! Am delighted though, happy out xxxxx

Congrats on your first 7lbs. That's a great start. Keep up the good work and we all know it will be worth it in the end!

Thanks, I am sure you will parkerela... Feeling a bit all over the place today.. mouth is minging. drinking and drinking and brushing but its not gettin any betta.. other half thinks i dont love him any more cause i wont kiss him... I find the breath freshner strips make me crave sugar for some reason so have stopped them..
I think I am just bored.. before when i was bored o would eat my way through it.. hoping my losses dont tail off but know a loss is a loss....
I got three flapjacks (peanut) this week.. had one today and i must be the only person onearth that likes them.. nice with a coffee methinks... take it easy xxx

was mega grumster today... felt poo.. but then dp came home and guess what he brought me??? A dyson hoover heheheh.. ye may laugh but it has made my day!! I have had all my life piece of poo hoovers so am chuffed hehe xxxxx

Im going to keep rambling on this thread so when i reach my target i can read over it and see where i was at!! Week 2 nearly over.. I am so proud of myself because me and dp went to dublin yesterday and stayed in a swanky hotel and went out and I consumed nothing but water and shakes.. was hard.. dp says I was reading menus everywhere and talking about food loads.. watched him eat 2 kebabs, loads of munchies and beer and wasnt tempted.. didnt feel strong enough to watch him have his brekkie at the hotel so stayed in the room.. bought myself a lovely handbag (was 299 reduced to 79!!) and a pair of boots and gorgeous gorgeous bertie heels.... fitted into a jacket going down that i havent been able to button since i got it... feels sooo good and i am not going to give in now because i have seen so many clothes and shoes i want in so many styles that arent just for covering my ass!!
anyway,, hope all you losers are good and staying strong xxx:D

For once in my life I don't mind being called a loser! Sounds like you had a great time in Dublin and stayed strong. Good for you. Keep up the good work, you can do it.

Well weigh in today and another 3 lbs gone forever, knew it might not have been a huge loss as have been struggling a bit with the water.. but am delighted i have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.. everyone i meet has been saying god you look great and that is spurring me on.... hopefully have 4+ gone this week to get me into the twelves, i havent been into the twelves for a long time!!! So, still hanging in there and am gonna work extra hard on the fluid uptake this week and start on my treadmill.. hope ye are all good today xxx

Hi Tasha - well done on your progress so far you are doing great! I started around the same time as you I think but kept missing your posts! I found the breath problem eased off, and the more you drink the less it smells. Also drinking the peppermint tea helps with it too. I love the chicken soup with a little bit of chinese five spice and some ginger powder in. Where abouts in Ireland are you? Im paying 70 Euro per week - its so expensive over here compared to what I have heard UK price is!!!

70 euro a week.. oh my god, that is the highest yet.. i am in galway and paying 65... you really should have a word with your pharmacist and the person in longford who runs the show, there is a whole thread on varying lipotrim prices and it makes interesting reading....
Thanks, I do think i talk to myself on this thread but wanted it so i can re read back when I have finished and log my journey.. you have done really well with your losses too.. I was on very low carbs the week before i started so i knew i wouldnt have alot of water to loose ifykwim.. was a tiny bit disapointed this week but happy still, am upping my water intake but it gets so hard eh xx

By the way all - I found this post from Dancer and wanted to let you know:

Alcohol and ketosis do not mix. Please read
this was posted on the CD forum by a counsellor and thought I'd share it here so people are more informed about alcohol and ketosis. the website it came from is (Post-exercise ketosis, ketone bodies)

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

and just to clarify... ketotic is a medical term referring to any circumstance in which low blood glucose is accompanied by ketosis. Which is the case for those of us on VLCD

So it looks like we are all off the hard stuff for as good while then!!!

Yep I find it really hard to keep downing the water - I am better with the Peppermint Tea I find that easier to drink. Or if I am watching something I make sure I get a 1 litre bottle and keep sipping.

yep, off the hard stuff.. tillll... my holiday in reading at the end of the month ( am going to re feed the week before ofcourse) only gonna have one or two.. hic... hehe.....
then back on the tfr wagon for a while after.. tis dps birthday and I will have around six weeks done on tfr so am gonna have a weekend off... light at the end of the sobriety tunnel xx

im not minding the water!

This is my first day and the hardest thing for me tonight is my family not being very supportive.
I still live at home and my mum cooked for her and my sister... She cooked me a dinner even though i had told them all and explained what LT involved, i then asked her to put the food away some where atleast 5 times and it is still sitting in the kitchen right beside the kettle where im going quite often to get water or coffee :(

best of luck to you all am a newbie to this just trying to get round this site started 4 days ago its amazing dont feel hungry and dont have to think about planning meals its fantastic except the water lol xx

This is my first day and the hardest thing for me tonight is my family not being very supportive.
I still live at home and my mum cooked for her and my sister... She cooked me a dinner even though i had told them all and explained what LT involved, i then asked her to put the food away some where atleast 5 times and it is still sitting in the kitchen right beside the kettle where im going quite often to get water or coffee :(

hey you, well done on your first day... the only support you need is a strong will and knowing what you are doing is right for you.. stay strong xxx

Hi all, just new to this now and dead keen to get started on this. My wife and I are doing the program together so should make it a little easier to keep motivated. I have about 7 stone to lose as I am 21 stone and starting to feel every pound of it nowadays as just hit 41 years of age. I am hoping this forum will help with ideas and hints. Good luck and thanks to everyone else who has had the courage to share their successes and struggles on here.

Oh hun, I'm sorry to see this. Perhaps you can bring the doctor element into this? I explained to my dad lastnight what I was doing and as he is of a different generation and slightly enclosed in his whole world he was not understanding at all. I tried to explain but he wasn't really getting it. All he went on about was health risks etc. So in the end I said my doctor had recommended it (which wasn't a total lie my doctor had said to lose weight!) Once I had said that to him, he was all supportive and understanding!!

I don't know how old your Mum is, but my dad is 65 and sometimes he needs coaxing to see things that go on in this day and age, an not the one he was a teenager in!

keep going, be strong and think, if you can get past your mums cooking, you can do anything!! :):):)

Hi all, just new to this now and dead keen to get started on this. My wife and I are doing the program together so should make it a little easier to keep motivated. I have about 7 stone to lose as I am 21 stone and starting to feel every pound of it nowadays as just hit 41 years of age. I am hoping this forum will help with ideas and hints. Good luck and thanks to everyone else who has had the courage to share their successes and struggles on here.

Good Luck! And its great you have your wife to to keep you motivated especially as she will know exactly how you are feeling. And think of the saving in shopping!!

This site is great, I've only been on LT for one week and already I feel at home here.

Looking foraward to seeing and sharing progress with you :):)

Back