Starting LL in May

well done juliakno, you are doing so well.Just keep thinking of all the weight lost & it should stop you from eating.

Juliakno wow that's so so good and look at all you've lost in 7 weeks?? !!!! Great news all round.....

Eileen it's coming off slow but sure isn't it? I bet you're chuffed?

I wasn't so chuffed last night when I found out I only lost a pound! But onwards and upwards (downwards maybe?) today and I'm wondering if starting HRT a couple of weeks ago has any bearing on my weight loss - after such a resounding start?

Anyway a round of applause to you both and between us we've lost 8.6 pounds - not bad eh?

Wouldn't it be good to have a collective weight loss for May starters? What does everyone think?

:clap::party0011::clap::party0011::clap::party0011:

I think you've all done really well, you're bound to have some weeks that are better than others, so long as it keeps coming off girlies. Well done :)

You've got the right attitude Tish, keep on doing what you're doing and the weight will keep on coming off. A group weigh in, now that's something different, but sounds good to me. To see the weekly total should definitely keep us all motivated.
Everyone have a great week :character00238:

sounds good trish too have a group weigh in.Well done on your loss its going & thats the main thing.We are all doing fab in may.
Well done yeye on your first week, i bet your pleased!

Thanks for the encouragement guys - much appreciated!

Ok Group weigh in on a weekly basis?
So we have:
Juliakno
Eileen,
Yeye
Trish
Anyone else want to join? I'll do the totting up on a Friday? Or maybe Sunday would be better?
Keep it up everyone ...... :)

Hi, haven't been round for a while and only dipped in for 5 mins every so often.

I'm 3 off 2 stone but not sure I'll do that tonight. I ate at the weekend and on monday and had some sweets last night - which was a good thing as they were scarily sweet so won't be doing that again I just wanted flavour!

It's my birthday on Saturday and we're going out for a meal which I'm fine with but I won't be drinking at all.

I've worked out I've been doing this for 42 days and eaten on 8 of them, varying from 2 meals in a day to 5 sweets last night! The last times I've eaten I've lost 3lbs and 6lbs but not much exercise this week at all.

It's very strange when I eat I eat normally I don't binge or have a secire to binge. I've been at the same weight for years now and stayed within 4lbs of it during that time I eat like most people good 90% bad 80% so to me I think Ijust need to shift the weight get down to what I'm happy with and then eat how I normally did, although the counselling does help alot and I recognise a lot of things in myself we talk about not to some extremes, like I couldn't sit and eat packets of crips and chocolate and cake and things all in one go!

Maybe I'm kidding myself though!! but when I look at what other people in my office eat for lunch and all the snacks they have I don't feel I eat as bad as them at all!!

Does anyone else feel like that or is it just me?

Helen

hi helen,hope your ok i will see you later it was realy hard getting back on after eating.I still had the urge to eat loadsxx:confused:

Hi Helen,
I think it's great you have no urge to overeat and feel you'll be able to control things once you get to where you're happy with your weight. However I know that once I start eating I'll want to eat all around me. I broke abstinence on Sunday - was a t a family do with a buffet which I helped lay on and as no one knew I was on LL, I thought I'd just try a little bit. But I had to try everything then - no carbs, no alcohol, but that doesn't mean I didn't crave the desserts and sandwiches etc etc. I was back on track as soon as I left and I now have some food for thought (scuse the pun).
So I think we're all different and we all have different journeys to travel while losing our weight.
Good luck with yours Helen xx

Hi Paula yep I'm fine, getting back on to it sucks! Did you manage to control your eating or did you just think sod it it's a holiday (I think I'd have done the latter!)

My eating on sunday was at a family buffet too, but was quite good (Ithink) had a slive of ham one of beef 5 olives, loads of salad, 2 slices of french bread (which was my downfall) and a chicken thigh without the skin! and then some strawberries and a little bit of cheese from my boyfriend's plate and that was amazing could taste so many flavours. Then on monday went to my folk's and had some of the left overs just some ham beef and a spon of coleslaw and one of potato sald and then heaps of salad. I truly have a new appreciation for food rather than just seeing it as a source of energy. Am looking forward to eating again to be able to try out new things.

Helen

eek!! you'll be fine you just have to be fine with the fact it might take you longer to reach your goal. That's how I look at it! I think the fact you've contacted the CDC in Oz shows how much you want to do this so a blip should be ok!!

MAY - CATCH UP

It's a while since I have been on so thought it was time to send a post especially with all this cheating going on - which I am very jealous of.

Doing well so far ....

Wk1 - 7
Wk2 - 3
Wk3 - 3
Wk4 - 3
Wk5 - Away
Wk6 - 8 (24Lbs So Far)

Can't say that this abstinance thing isnt hard though as noting from the posts above - any helpful hints from anyone ......

Summer

You'll be fine! if you lose then that's great if you stay the same or put on you know why! It would be worse if you'd have stuck to it 100% and gone tonight and put on. But you also know that whatever happens this tonight get back on track and next week you'll be rewarded!

I'm bringing cards tonight with my number on although I feel very strange and awkward doing that!

Helen

Hi Summer nice to see you back,
How well you're doing eh? So rock steady, and no cheating - well done.
As for tips - I must admit to regretting my lapse on Sunday and it has made me even more determined now.
I came across the saying today 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' so I've printed it off and it's now on my computer .... any help welcome.
Keep up the good work ....xx

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to wish you all a good week and look out for that group weigh in!!
I was very busy the last few days so didn't really have time to post. Just briefly, I was surrounded by sooo much food this weekend, Friday picnic, Saturday, Buffet, Sunday christening... (won't mention it in detail here). Ok, I have to admit to a tiny blib.... ......I had a slither of cheese:eek::eek::eek::eek: on Saturday, but considering how much food there was about I am not too upset about it. Could I have avoided it, probably yes, but I just didn't want to tell everyone of the 40+ people there why I wasn't eating "normal food" while I was munching on my nut crunch, so I put some food (grapes, tomatoes, carrot sticks, and....cheese) on my plate, pretending to eat, and did quite well at eating without eating(if you know what I mean) until it was time for the cheese to disappear, and it somehow found its way into my mouth.:sign0007: I am just pleased that my adult state took over straight away and nipped any idea of "you've blown it, now eat" in the butt. Now I am even more determined to finish this the proper way, just not looking forward to owning up to it tomorrow:ashamed0005:

Well done Julia, just think of how much you would have eaten a few weeks ago.I think you did very well & should be proud of yourself.

Julia, that's fabulous! And as Eileen says you need to be so so proud of yourself. I was also busy this weekend and surrounded by food too - and I ate a sliver of roast beef and a sliver of stilton too. Again, like you Julia, I put a few bits on a plate (not to stand out) and succumbed :whistle:. But felt proud, in a way, that I stopped there.
My weigh-in's tonight so I'm hopeful. I'm waiting to crack the 16 stone barrier soon .... but was 16.5 last week so I'll probably need to wait another week at least.
Good luck everyone and we'll have a good group weigh in this week - I feel it.

:wavey:

Back