Starting Monday! Excited!

Hi there. I'm on day 1 DD today too. I was wondering if you are going for meal replacements or food in the first 2 weeks? I have just posted a thread looking for some advice then noticed you are starting out too :)

loopzyloo said:
Hi there. I'm on day 1 DD today too. I was wondering if you are going for meal replacements or food in the first 2 weeks? I have just posted a thread looking for some advice then noticed you are starting out too :)

Hi Loopzyloo, good luck on your first DD. If I could I'd prefer meal replacement shakes, but finances aren't too brilliant at the mo, so I'm have normal food and just calorie counting it. Have s good day. :)

zakcat said:
You'll probably have to see whats what on Monday, it took me three weeks to do a full three DDs in a week so don't be disheartened if it takes a while to settle in.

Ahh thank you so much for posting this! I've yet to manage three full DDs and I'm starting my 3rd or 4th week. It was getting me down a bit that I've not been able to manage it properly but this has made me feel more positive!

LucyG said:
Good luck Tessieg! Hope that your first DD is going well :)

Thanx Lucy, hope you're doing ok too. Have faced the temptation of my colleague bringing homemade cakes into the office today!!! Luckily they're not in my line of dight, so I'm now enjoying my mugshot. :)

Tessieg1 said:
Hi Loopzyloo, good luck on your first DD. If I could I'd prefer meal replacement shakes, but finances aren't too brilliant at the mo, so I'm have normal food and just calorie counting it. Have s good day. :)

Thanks for that. I've opted for soup as its just too cold for shakes. Plus covent garden is buy one get one free at the moment! Good luck ??

Hi girls, how are you getting on? This is my third week and I can say every DD gets a little bit easier than the last one :) I found a couple of cans of diet Pepsi really helped me get thru the first few and plenty of water will stop,you feeling dizzy. Good luck x

Hi ladies, thanx very much for your posts. Well, I have gotten through the day pretty well. I am going to have my soup in a moment and then an early night so I'm not tempted to snack. Hope you both had a good day too.xx

Hey. I've just had to make OH and my son pasta with chorizo and garlic bread, and I've had minestrone soup. I have set aside some pasta for my lunch tomorrow so I'm not missing out :) feel ok about today. 20 lengths of the pool too. Got to admit that I'm looking forward to tomorrow x

loopzyloo said:
Hey. I've just had to make OH and my son pasta with chorizo and garlic bread, and I've had minestrone soup. I have set aside some pasta for my lunch tomorrow so I'm not missing out :) feel ok about today. 20 lengths of the pool too. Got to admit that I'm looking forward to tomorrow x

Well done, Loopzyloo. I had a teeny blip and had a slice of bread with my soup. It took me a bit over my calorie allowance, but I'm ok about it. I think it's going to take a little while to get the hang of it. Didn't find today too hard though. Loving this way of eating. :)

Well done to you too :) have to admit I'm really picky now and cold too? I've been cold all day. Can't wait for my breakfast haha

Well done to you too :) have to admit I'm really picky now and cold too? I've been cold all day. Can't wait for my breakfast haha

Hi Loopzyloo, how are you getting on today? :)

Hi everyone, I'm on my first UD today. It's lovely not to worry about what I'm eating, but I'm still keeping track. So far, I've only reached 710kcal! Ok, I haven't planned in dinner yet, but what happens if I'm not able to eat my full UD calorie allowance? Is it just a guideline to stick to?

Thanks very much. Sorry if you've been asked this before, but I'm just trying to get into the swing of things with JUDDD at the mo. Loving it so far. :D

Hope you're all having a good day. x

Hi everyone, I'm on my first UD today. It's lovely not to worry about what I'm eating, but I'm still keeping track. So far, I've only reached 710kcal! Ok, I haven't planned in dinner yet, but what happens if I'm not able to eat my full UD calorie allowance? Is it just a guideline to stick to?

Thanks very much. Sorry if you've been asked this before, but I'm just trying to get into the swing of things with JUDDD at the mo. Loving it so far. :D

Hope you're all having a good day. x

You should try and keep it to as close to the 2000 as you can so that your body can get ready for another DD, saying that I'm struggling today, had breakfast, skipped lunch and no idea whats for tea. However I do have a lovely choc cup cake to eat, get yourself a little treat of choc cake, crisps, whatever takes your fancy.

zakcat said:
You should try and keep it to as close to the 2000 as you can so that your body can get ready for another DD, saying that I'm struggling today, had breakfast, skipped lunch and no idea whats for tea. However I do have a lovely choc cup cake to eat, get yourself a little treat of choc cake, crisps, whatever takes your fancy.

Hi Zakcat, thanx for the advice. I have had crisps and a chocolate and still ended up with 1500kcal! Guess I'm not used to eating so much. Quite looming forward to my DD tomorrow as I feel pretty bloated right now! Have a good evening. :)

Hi Tess, well done on completing your first DD..and your first UD. Like you at first I found the UD really strange in that I didn't want to eat all those calories. However you will soon drop the 'guilt' and learn to plan your UD's as well as the downs. i find that I now eat a better breakfast on my UD..so that I get some good healthy calories in early, that means I don't 'have' to have chocolate, crisps or bad calories late in the day just to hit the numbers. I've found i can now add food groups I have had to ignore when on ordinary calorie counting..I have now restarted eating, bread, pasta, cheese, avocado etc..all things that I used to crave before but could not have when trying to stick to 1400 daily calories. Its having those things that will keep me doing this diet..and breezing through my DD's!!! infact as now, already planning my UD meals tomorrow..whilst eating my cottage cheese LOL!!

Well done so far! DDs get easier, as do UDs. Like Jilly said the guilt goes away eventually. I use Olive oil to bump up my cals if i'm struggling.

JillyCornwall said:
Hi Tess, well done on completing your first DD..and your first UD. Like you at first I found the UD really strange in that I didn't want to eat all those calories. However you will soon drop the 'guilt' and learn to plan your UD's as well as the downs. i find that I now eat a better breakfast on my UD..so that I get some good healthy calories in early, that means I don't 'have' to have chocolate, crisps or bad calories late in the day just to hit the numbers. I've found i can now add food groups I have had to ignore when on ordinary calorie counting..I have now restarted eating, bread, pasta, cheese, avocado etc..all things that I used to crave before but could not have when trying to stick to 1400 daily calories. Its having those things that will keep me doing this diet..and breezing through my DD's!!! infact as now, already planning my UD meals tomorrow..whilst eating my cottage cheese LOL!!

Hi Jilly, thanx so much for your post and advice. Not sure what to eat today! Have a good day. :)

Back