Starting on Sunday

Gummy Bear

Hi everyone,

I am just about to start the Dukan diet (Sunday). I have read some of the book and have read what to eat on the attack phase. Does anybody know if you can have 0% "greek" yoghurt at this stage or is it just non fat normal yoghurt and non fat fromage frais?

I know you may think it a silly question but I don't want to get it wrong before I even start.

:booboo:

Thanks

The 0% Greek is fine (and delicious with some sweetener). It's the flavoured yougurts you want to avoid if they have fruit or sugars in them.

:thankyou: Thanks very much that was very helpful.

I may even put my daily quota of oat bran in it - love greek yoghurt just as it is.

I think the hardest thing for me is to drink 1½ litres a day. I will really need to make sure I do this.

How are you finding the diet?

I have got used to it so it feels more like a way of life to me now! I feel better for not having the carbs.

:thankyou: Thanks very much that was very helpful.

I may even put my daily quota of oat bran in it - love greek yoghurt just as it is.

I think the hardest thing for me is to drink 1½ litres a day. I will really need to make sure I do this.

How are you finding the diet?

Hi, welcome and good luck!

Yes oatbran in yoghurt it great - personally I like to leave it to soak in the yoghurt for a couple of hours so it softens.

Re: water - first of all, other drinks like coffee and tea are included but you should aim to drink lots of water anyway.

For the water I do the following:
I bought myself a (grown-up) water bottle (Aladdin Aveo Clear Water Bottle, 600ml) and I make sure I empty it the right number of times in the course of the day.

On top of that, when I'm at work I have a little reminder alarm to remind me to drink a glass of water every hour.

If you drink 2 large glasses (250ml each) of water with each meal, assuming 3 main meals a day, you've already already make it to 1.5 litre. It's just a new habit you need to learn.

Anjuschka's right, it about attaching a water drinking habit to a routine you already have.

I fill a glass with water everytime I make a tea or coffee. That doubles my intake at a stroke.

But -

Don't go too far in the other direction! I caught two interns in the office having a water drinking contest yesterday - they were already up to 4 litres each, which is enough to trigger serious damage.

I confiscated their water bottles, and sent them off to the loos, looking very sheepish, and told them not to come back until they had "siphoned" at least a litre back out again.

When you start you might find you're naturally more thirsty anyway, I'm sure I did - one of the effects of a protein only diet perhaps?

Good luck!

Thank you all for your help and words of encouragement. Am looking forward to beginning the attack phase on Sunday (the sooner I start the sooner I finish).

Perhaps you might post your first (few) menu(s) and we can check over them... Can you also fill in your User CP (top of page, blue bar), and have you calculated your "true weight" on the official website calculator?

I also always advise a cupboard clear out, diary clear of awkward events during attack, and preparing menus and shopping for a week! So long as you've always Dukan friendly food to hand (even in the freezer in little cooked packages ready for the next day), you'll be fine...

and open a diary and tell us EVERYTHING about yourself :D

Welcome and good luck!

I find it harder to drink water in winter (still have a glass with meals though) but herbal tea/green tea is just as good and Dukan counts black tea/coffee too (but I'd have said not quite as good).

Back