Starting or re-starting this week

flowey

Silver Member
Hello all,
Just seen there are a few people who have either started or are starting this week.
I'm on a re-start and from previous diet journeys, have loved the support and friendships you make on this site.
I would love it if anyone would like to join me on my journey. Maybe you have just set yourself a short goal and want some support.
Wishing everyone luck and looking forward to meeting you all.

Ps - what is everyone starting?
I'm going for ss
Excercise is my next decision - what and how much?? Any thoughts?

Hello all,
Just seen there are a few people who have either started or are starting this week.
I'm on a re-start and from previous diet journeys, have loved the support and friendships you make on this site.
I would love it if anyone would like to join me on my journey. Maybe you have just set yourself a short goal and want some support.
Wishing everyone luck and looking forward to meeting you all.

Ps - what is everyone starting?
I'm going for ss
Excercise is my next decision - what and how much?? Any thoughts?

Hiya.

Go easy with exercise on SS. If you already exercise then it's ok to continue, but go easy. If you don't normally exercise it's better to weight until you finish SS to start. I don't mean sit on your a$$ :D Go out for walks and do light exercise, but don't start pounding the pavements just yet :)

Thanks big H. Yes have made that mistake before, too much too soon, felt awfull and ate!
Just about to head out for dog walk as need to start some movement.
I have a toning DVD which really works, but its tough and I ache a lot the day after my first few sessions. Just need to get my head/motivation into doing the 1 st one!

Thanks big H. Yes have made that mistake before, too much too soon, felt awfull and ate!
Just about to head out for dog walk as need to start some movement.
I have a toning DVD which really works, but its tough and I ache a lot the day after my first few sessions. Just need to get my head/motivation into doing the 1 st one!

Good for you!!

Hiya - starting on 810 Plan today after three weeks off for a back-packing holiday. Have probably got a couple of stone to shift, so hoping that I can get it sorted this time - there have been several failed attempts recently!

Good luck with starting SS!

hels80,
I know about the failed attempts!
This time I have set myself just a short goal.
I'm taking each day as it comes. For me - I just need to get through today. Getting to week 1 will be such an acheivement.

In my head I have made mini-plans. Today, I have had my shake for lunch. Now I'm going to take the dog for a walk and play with kids until teatime/next shake. This evening - clean bathroom then pamper bath and early night.
Tomorrow - a new plan to get through the day.
Good luck to you. Just do today, worry about the big picture tomorrow.

Hi again :)

I am on SS for the first week to see how I get on and then maybe move to SS+ after my WI next tuesday. I have had a strawberry shake and a readymade chocolate velvet, I must say I preferred the choco velvet :) going to have tomato soup this evening and have a nice bubble bath to keep me occupied!

Still feeling quite nervous about it all.. not sure when i'll stop feeling like this!! xx

Yes still here, minute by minute.
Very hungry, dog walked - kids in garden.
Going to mow the lawn now.
Just need to keep busy!

I started today, first time on CD, and can totally identify with soontobeslim10, i feel very nervous and i dont really know what to expect!! So glad there are quite a few people starting at a similar time. I'm doing SS, but as my BMI is 51.5 my CDC wasn't sure if I would be able to do this or if i would find it too hard. I am really keen to do SS. As far as excercising goes - I am just sticking to walking my puppy at the moment. I might introduce some zumba over the next couple of months. :)

clairex said:
I started today, first time on CD, and can totally identify with soontobeslim10, i feel very nervous and i dont really know what to expect!! So glad there are quite a few people starting at a similar time. I'm doing SS, but as my BMI is 51.5 my CDC wasn't sure if I would be able to do this or if i would find it too hard. I am really keen to do SS. As far as excercising goes - I am just sticking to walking my puppy at the moment. I might introduce some zumba over the next couple of months. :)

started with a BMI of 52 on 16th February 2011... Was weighed on this morning and my BMI is 42! Mentally prep yourself to do well and you will! I put myself on SS and did 5 weeks solid, came off for my birthday in April and have been messing about with it since then up to my big restart on Sunday, so I've now been 100% SS for three and a half days and I'm taking it one hour at a time! X

started with a BMI of 52 on 16th February 2011... Was weighed on this morning and my BMI is 42! Mentally prep yourself to do well and you will! I put myself on SS and did 5 weeks solid, came off for my birthday in April and have been messing about with it since then up to my big restart on Sunday, so I've now been 100% SS for three and a half days and I'm taking it one hour at a time! X

Thats amazing! I don't think she is really convinced I can do it but I am looking at it really positively, and hoping a good mental attitude will get me through!! You've done so well, you're an inspiration to the newbies like me!! I'm totally taking it an hour at a time - just getting through as much water as poss, and not thinking too far ahead.
xxx

Best way to do it! I wouldn't say I was an inspiration but thanks! ;-)

It's my first time on CD as well and at the beginning I just sailed through and was fine and then I planned to come off plan and OMG getting back on it is hard! You've lost weight, you're not so desperate and you've enjoyed food! Hardest combination to then go and banish food from your life again!

The only thing that it taught me was that I can eat healthily... When I was off plan I didn't put on any weight, I managed to lose 2 ounces! But I kept it healthy and low carb and it was ok, then I restarted and successfully cheated with nasty takeaway two weeks in a row... Something clicked Sunday morning and now I'm doing good! All be it a little at a time!! X

That's really positive though to know that you can eat healthily. At the moment, I don't really think I can. I'm not sure why, it just seems to be an obsession almost? I know that sounds ridiculous haha. Sounds like your head is SO back in the game at the moment though, thats awesome! Are you doing SS or SS+? x

SS at the moment but I don't beat myself up if I want to do an SS+ day every now and then, just stick to the amounts allowe and get on with it! x

Well how are you all this evening?

I'll be honest, I've struggled this eve and when hubby said 'well you've done really well today, it wouldn't matter if you had a small meal now would it' - I could have agreed and fallen.
Gave myself a stern talking to and am still here.
Thinking about an early night though so it can be day2 real quick.

How about you guys - a good day or a hard day?
What is your biggest motivation at the moment? This is good to know in case of wobbles.
Mine (you need to shout at me if I wobble) is 'You have 3 pairs of trousers only and they are very tight - are you going out to buy bigger sizes of clothes OR are you going to loose some and get into all those clothes you have in a size smaller!!!

Hey!

If im honest, today has been really bad! It was fine up until 5ish, a headache came on..I had my soup at 6 which was fine, but I feel sick, lightheaded and the paracetamol I took for my headache hasnt worked and they are fast acting...!!

I really want to do this, I go to mexico 13 weeks today!

I agree, im going to watch waterloo road, go for a bath then go to bed. I am sooo tired! :(

Hope everyone has had a better day!! xx

keep strong - 13 weeks will be such an amazing difference if you can get through these hard times.
Day by day, little by little, thats all we can do.
Thinking about booking a hair cut for one weeks time.
Until then, some early nights ... each morning we will wake up a bit slimmer.

very good way of looking at it! I'm going to take each day as it comes.. I cant wait til I go bed!! xx

Morning!

How are you feeling? I feel happy that I didnt cave in yesterday, I woke up this morning thinking yeah I can do this :)! I have a little headache but nothing too serious :)

Hope everyone else is ok x x

Back