Starting out, confused!

Trijian

Having just been diagnosed with PCOS, I'm trying to encourage myself to get to grips with my weight, and bring it under control. My doctor has referred me to a weight management program, but who knows how long that'll take to come through.

In the meantime I'm trying to prepare myself for the changes, and trying to create some good eating habits now. I've had a couple of brief attempts with SW in the past, so I understand their concepts, but I'm looking at other options for myself too. At the moment money is just so, so tight that I really can't afford slimming clubs or meal replacements, but I feel like I need to do something pro-active before the clinic starts.

Anyone got any good pointers for someone a little lost and confused with where to start?

Trijian said:
Having just been diagnosed with PCOS, I'm trying to encourage myself to get to grips with my weight, and bring it under control. My doctor has referred me to a weight management program, but who knows how long that'll take to come through.

In the meantime I'm trying to prepare myself for the changes, and trying to create some good eating habits now. I've had a couple of brief attempts with SW in the past, so I understand their concepts, but I'm looking at other options for myself too. At the moment money is just so, so tight that I really can't afford slimming clubs or meal replacements, but I feel like I need to do something pro-active before the clinic starts.

Anyone got any good pointers for someone a little lost and confused with where to start?

I use my fitness pal and log my calories, like weight watchers but no gimmicks or fees x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try keeping a food diary for about a week to help you identify where you might struggle and any bad habits. From there you can start making small changes - for example if you have a sugary snack about 3pm every day, plan a more filling lunch or have a healthier alternative available.

Hope that helps and good luck x

Back