Starting Phase One Today

Ha RKM - don't tell me that dark chocolate should be at room temperature... now I have taken it out the fridge and am looking forward to eating some at room temperature... and it is all your fault! ;):p I am sure I still won't like it though but I will give it a try just to be certain!

Just nipped into my local M&S to buy some veg and my god that was hard - they were baking and all I could smell were their milk chocolate cookies which are one of my favourite things! And I hadn't had any breakfast so it was absolute agony but I did resist, came home and cooked myself a bit of brown rice, stir fry onions and courgette with some turmeric and cumin and a fried egg on top (although I only eat the yolk as it is definitely the whites that make me feel sick) - not quite the same as a milk chocolate cookie! I haven't been having much rice at all to be honest as it definitely makes me bloated which is interesting. Just having that little bit now, I feel pretty horrible so I think I am not going to have it again. I seem to be doing ok just with meat/fish and veg to be honest although I am a bit worried I should be eating a bit more variety than that. I have introduced some berries over the last couple of days and have just bought some more NLY as I reckon I can stomach it if I have it with some berries - not sure how that really works with the Harcombe but I think I am veering more towards the Low GL type diet now anyway and they are apparently zero GL so as long as they don't start any sweet cravings off then I figure I am ok - and they are full of goodness! I am also eating some dairy again, but just a little bit of organic cheese and skimmed milk in my one cup of tea a day as I am not really a dairy fan anyway so I definitely will never crave it.

I don't think I have lost any weight though and won't be surprised if my scales say I am 12st tomorrow still to be honest (but I am feeling very fat right this second because I am bloated from the rice I suppose!). Anyway, we will see! I just hope it is worth it - I guess I am in a bit of turmoil because I am not that desperately overweight (although I definitely should be slimmer, no doubt about it, but I am tall so probably get away with it a bit better) and I have nearly always eaten tons of rubbish like chocolate and have, for example, stayed at just over 12st for the last couple of years - and that really is eating at least a couple of bars of chocolate a day! It is the lack of exercise now due to knee problems I think that is having the biggest effect - I can swim, but I don't have any spare hours in the day and to go swimming takes up a lot of time as ridiculous as it sounds - the pool is 15 mins drive away and I have long thick hair which needs to be dried, so to go swimming every other day or something would take up at least an hour and a half (if I am lucky) of my time. I am trying to sort my life out at the moment so I am not working so hard, but with debts to pay it is hard (and then of course you have to pay for the pool :rolleyes:)... oh how I wish I had my own little indoor pool - I would be in heaven and probably nice and slim!! :D

And in answer to your question about work, thankfully I am not an accountant or book keeper or anything I just do a bit of freelance work on the side doing some accounts, and then I had my own tax return to do which I do normally get done much sooner than the deadline but it didn't happen this year! How people do book keeping all year round I just have no idea!

Well I have just weighed myself and I am 11st10 and body fat is 28.8% so there is definitely an improvement! Thank god for that! I am so so relieved that it is going in the right direction :D. I am going to weigh myself again on Friday and see how I am doing then :)

Excellent - well done!! Sounds like you def have an intolerance to rice though so i would knock that on the head! I understand what you're saying about the exercise - i have the same problem. It's not the hour in the gym or whatever, it's the hour around it to wash get there etc. But I am not beating myself up, i know that this plan will sort the weight out - then i can worry about toning when i'm there. I've not had a great weekend, been really binge weekend actually making kids cakes etc. But i am, as i said to myself i would be, back to a strict phase 1 today which started with porridge made with water and a bit of nly Low fat tho as i am not mixing this time. I have a chicken stirfry for lunch and will be having bolognaise with roasted BNS or celeriac chips for tea. I ordered the york blood intolerance test last week too so am hoping that comes soon, couple of weeks and i should definitely know what i'm intolerant to which will help. Keep up the good work xxx

Thanks!

Although you had a bad weekend, it does sound like it was controlled to a certain extent, in the way that you knew you were going to be naughty and have all the tools ready to be good again today so I think that is acceptable ;-). Thankfully I don't have any kids, so it makes it easier to stay away from things like that, although I am making some blueberry muffins today! I am making them with soya flour, gorund almonds and xylitol though, so they will be gluten free and low GL sugar :). I reckon I can handle it and if so, then they will be a handy lunch box snack for me as I am back to driving all over the place this week and that is when I get bored in the car and scoff my face! So, if I arm myself with a healthy muffin and my usual lunch box salad/cold meat I am hoping I can deal with it - and anyway that has got to be better than stopping at petrol stations and buying pies, crisps and chocolate ;-).

I must say, I didn't think of doing BNS or Celeriac crisps - sounds like a great idea, so I shall be trying that when my veg box arrives on Weds - do you think they would last if I made some on Wed night for example and took them out with me on Thursday? I assume they would go soft quite quickly?

Great idea to do the York Test - it is definitely something I want to get done, but just need to save up a bit as it is a little pricey isn't it?! I am sure it is worth every penny though. Will be interesting to hear your results :)

Thanks!

Although you had a bad weekend, it does sound like it was controlled to a certain extent, in the way that you knew you were going to be naughty and have all the tools ready to be good again today so I think that is acceptable ;-). Thankfully I don't have any kids, so it makes it easier to stay away from things like that, although I am making some blueberry muffins today! I am making them with soya flour, gorund almonds and xylitol though, so they will be gluten free and low GL sugar :). I reckon I can handle it and if so, then they will be a handy lunch box snack for me as I am back to driving all over the place this week and that is when I get bored in the car and scoff my face! So, if I arm myself with a healthy muffin and my usual lunch box salad/cold meat I am hoping I can deal with it - and anyway that has got to be better than stopping at petrol stations and buying pies, crisps and chocolate ;-).

I must say, I didn't think of doing BNS or Celeriac crisps - sounds like a great idea, so I shall be trying that when my veg box arrives on Weds - do you think they would last if I made some on Wed night for example and took them out with me on Thursday? I assume they would go soft quite quickly?

Great idea to do the York Test - it is definitely something I want to get done, but just need to save up a bit as it is a little pricey isn't it?! I am sure it is worth every penny though. Will be interesting to hear your results :)

Ooh they sound lovely let me know how they turn up! Def a better snack than the services lol. The chips are nice but they're not crispy fresh and would def go soft quite quickly but I don't mind that I enjoy roasted veg cold. Have been good today, just got dinner in the oven now. I am hungry though. York test was 300!! Altho they refund 280 if you don't have any intolerances. Tbh I think it will be money well spent to find out. Ill let you know how I get on anyway and see how it impacts! I'm scared I'm going to be intolerant to tomatoes. I have them soooo much they're a great base so they're bound to be! Watch this space..... Lol x

Well the muffins were delicious!! In fact, they were a bit too sweet so will put less xylitol in next time I think :). The original recipe is from Patrick Holford's Cookbook and is for Apple and Almond Cake, but I just adapted it a bit as I didn't want to eat any other fruit just yet, hence the blueberry substitute (and I didn't put any flaked almonds in because they are revolting, even though I like almonds, when they are flaked they are just wrong!) and I obviously made them into muffins for ease. I think I put too many blueberries in and they would still be perfectly edible with less. And they are really easy to make (I am no Master Chef!), so a great success I hope, but the scales will tell me the truth on Friday!

Was it the York Test 113 Food Intolerance Scan you got? I have found a few different ones here www.zest4life.eu/store which seem to be a bit cheaper but not sure if it is the same - and that one says you can have 2 phone consultations with a Nutritional Therapist as well which sounds good. It is one of those things though that with something like that I think you need to go the whole hog otherwise it costs you more in the long run because you haven't necessarily discovered everything that you needed to, so will be interesting to see what the differences are!

Interesting you say about tomatoes - I absolutely love tomatoes as well and am convinced they don't agree with me because they give me terrible acid reflux and heartburn but I love them so much I just ignore it! The trouble is that even if the test told me they were terrible, I am not sure I could give them up as well :cry:.

And well done for being good today - long may it continue :D. I was just feeling so well yesterday I couldn't believe it - never had so much energy and concentration and I just didn't stop yesterday as I wanted to get things done and keep myself busy rather than trying to motivate myself to get stuff done which is usually the case unless I am actually on my feet! It was actually like I had taken something to be honest - Wow! And I realised that I haven't had any headaches at all for about a week I think now which is just brilliant. You need to keep on being good - it is so worth it!! ;)

I have decided I am going to find time to go swimming at least twice a week and preferably more, starting from next Monday. The gym opens at 6am and I am always awake from about 3am so I may as well just get out of bed at 5:30 rather than lying there hoping I will get back to sleep which in my view is just wasting precious time!! :rolleyes:;)

Sort of - i had the food and drink scan one - it included the phone consultations although not sure really what they are for but hopefully it will open my eyes and help me to understand thing!! I don't seem to suffer any noticeable symptoms, bar maybe cheese, but i find it really difficult to tell as i always feel tired and run down anyway - generally i put this down to having kids though!

Great that you're starting to notice the physical benefits too!! Can't wait to get there. And well done for swimming - you have def found the energy bug eh lol x

Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 11st10!! A little bit frustrating seeing as I have still been very good, but I wonder whether the muffins were just a step too far! So, no more muffins and I will re-evaluate on Monday again and see where I am going with it all. However, one really fascinating thing that occurred to me yesterday was that my knees are feeling so much better which really is a miracle as I have had real problems with them for the last 18 months. I can get up and down off the chair, out of bed etc really quite easily compared to 2 weeks ago! And I haven't been having any pain killers of any description. Ok it may just be coincidence but I think that is highly unlikely! So, even though the weight side of things is a bit rubbish to be perfectly honest, the other benefits so far are quite amazing!

I had a bit of a down day yesterday but I am absolutely knackered really as I have been so busy, but I was ok. I went out to lunch to a pub with a very limited menu unfortunately, so I went for fish and chips - but I asked for salad instead of chips and I didn't eat one even tiny mouthful of batter (which is another one of my main weaknesses) and it really wasn't that hard! And I wasn't interested in pudding :)

Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 11st10!! A little bit frustrating seeing as I have still been very good, but I wonder whether the muffins were just a step too far! So, no more muffins and I will re-evaluate on Monday again and see where I am going with it all. However, one really fascinating thing that occurred to me yesterday was that my knees are feeling so much better which really is a miracle as I have had real problems with them for the last 18 months. I can get up and down off the chair, out of bed etc really quite easily compared to 2 weeks ago! And I haven't been having any pain killers of any description. Ok it may just be coincidence but I think that is highly unlikely! So, even though the weight side of things is a bit rubbish to be perfectly honest, the other benefits so far are quite amazing!

I had a bit of a down day yesterday but I am absolutely knackered really as I have been so busy, but I was ok. I went out to lunch to a pub with a very limited menu unfortunately, so I went for fish and chips - but I asked for salad instead of chips and I didn't eat one even tiny mouthful of batter (which is another one of my main weaknesses) and it really wasn't that hard! And I wasn't interested in pudding :)

What was in the muffins i can't remember? Perhaps give them a break, or it could be the fruit maybe? But FANTASTIC news about your knees!! So many on the official forum talk about better health, worth doing just for that!!! Well done on the fish and chips too, that's what i love the most about this plan, the cravings go and we don't be so controlled by food.

I'm doing ok, day 5 of phase 1 today, although had a little mozerella cheese yesterday in dinner that hub made. Otherwise have been good. P2 tomorrow, may just introduce milk to make breakfast a bit nicer, still struggling to go with a fat breakfast - they just don't appeal too much, make me nauseous and i struggle with time. I much prefer a bowl of porridge or cereal - it will be nicer to have more than 50g too, i struggle to get through the morning on just that!!

Looking forward to the intolerance results coming back - hoping they will be here towards the end of next week x

Oh well done! Sounds like you are doing great! I agree about the fat breakfasts and can only really eat later on in the morning if I have that but that isn't always practical and I definitely get the nauseous problem as well - I had an onion omelette with salad and 2 rashers of bacon for lunch (missed breakfast) and really struggled to eat much of the omelette at all and then just felt sick! And you are right about porridge not exactly keeping you going all morning. I have just had some NLY and blueberries to keep me going until dinner as I really haven't eaten much today - I can't believe how little I am eating! Although it just doesn't seem to make any sense that I am eating such good food and probably half the quantity that I used to eat and my weight hasn't changed, but never mind - we will see on Monday if that gets any better! I am going to be starting swimming again on Monday anyway which I guess will help start burning the fat a bit! Although, if my knees keep going the way that they are then I may be running the marathon soon, you never know! (Ok, that probably isn't very realistic but never say never!).

Will be very interested to hear your intolerance results and then see what difference it makes to you to cut anything out that comes up. I have definitely got to do one but it will have to wait a while before I can invest :)

The muffins were soya flour, butter, blueberries, ground almonds, eggs and xylitol (which is low gl) basically so I think they were a bit too much which is what I was expecting but I was hoping they would be ok as I was sure I could control cravings. I am eating blueberries still as I can't honestly think they are bad for you if you can control the cravings for sweet things? I have also discovered that I can eat Greek Style NLY with blueberries as well, so it means I can get that in to my diet as well! I am not eating tons of them, but just with yoghurt when I have some.

Oh well done! Sounds like you are doing great! I agree about the fat breakfasts and can only really eat later on in the morning if I have that but that isn't always practical and I definitely get the nauseous problem as well - I had an onion omelette with salad and 2 rashers of bacon for lunch (missed breakfast) and really struggled to eat much of the omelette at all and then just felt sick! And you are right about porridge not exactly keeping you going all morning. I have just had some NLY and blueberries to keep me going until dinner as I really haven't eaten much today - I can't believe how little I am eating! Although it just doesn't seem to make any sense that I am eating such good food and probably half the quantity that I used to eat and my weight hasn't changed, but never mind - we will see on Monday if that gets any better! I am going to be starting swimming again on Monday anyway which I guess will help start burning the fat a bit! Although, if my knees keep going the way that they are then I may be running the marathon soon, you never know! (Ok, that probably isn't very realistic but never say never!).

Will be very interested to hear your intolerance results and then see what difference it makes to you to cut anything out that comes up. I have definitely got to do one but it will have to wait a while before I can invest :)

The muffins were soya flour, butter, blueberries, ground almonds, eggs and xylitol (which is low gl) basically so I think they were a bit too much which is what I was expecting but I was hoping they would be ok as I was sure I could control cravings. I am eating blueberries still as I can't honestly think they are bad for you if you can control the cravings for sweet things? I have also discovered that I can eat Greek Style NLY with blueberries as well, so it means I can get that in to my diet as well! I am not eating tons of them, but just with yoghurt when I have some.

Sometimes though its hard to realise a craving is a craving. If you don't lose again this week maybe try without and see how that goes. I've had an email to say my intolerance results were posted on Friday so hopefully they will be here on Monday fingers crossed. Enjoy swimming tomorrow, I envy you the quiet you time lol x

Hi Twiggy, hope you are managing to stick to the THD way of eating. If you can get past those first five days you will truly see how the food we eat keeps you addicted to the wrong foods. Keep going. The Harcome Diet does have an unofficial facebook page which is excellent for support. Lisa Dain runs it. Good luck.

First of all RKM - any results yet?

Well, I didn't end up going swimming yesterday after all because my wonderful plan completely left out a vital piece of information which involved my TOTM!! There is absolutely no way I am able to swim for the first couple of days as I am extremely heavy, so that ruled that out! But never mind, it will just have to be Thursday that I start instead. I weighed myself yesterday and I am still 11st10!!! It seems I am totally stuck at this weight :confused:. Quite frankly except for the blueberries (which I haven't had every day and only have about 10 when I do) and one cup of tea a day with skimmed milk and the odd bit of cheese (which actually over the last 5 days I don't think I have had) I am basically still doing Phase One foods anyway and now have been for nearly 3 weeks. So, ok, the muffins were probably a mistake but I haven't had any more since last Wednesday anyway. So the only thing I can do is to stop the blueberries as you suggest RKM and the tiny splash of skimmed milk and the odd bit of cheese I have... I am honestly a bit disappointed as I have been an absolute angel - no potatoes, no wheat, no rice (as it definitely doesn't agree with me), no sugar - I almost feel like I am starving myself to no avail! I don't actually feel starving, don't get me wrong, but I am literally only eating vegetables, meat or fish with no sauces whatsoever, unless I have made some kind of sauce myself, eggs, NLY when I can stomach it. I mostly only drink water anyway (I am not even really an alcohol drinker), so am quite happy just drinking water. It is just bizarre that I have taken out all the chocolate, potatoes and wheat from my diet (and there was a lot of it!) and the only difference it has made to my weight is 5lbs over nearly 3 weeks! Yes of course I do feel much better and the fact that my knees are so much improved really is fantastic, so I am not really down about it, but I am confused as to why it hasn't made such a difference!!

So, I am sat here this morning with a cup of chamomile tea again, no blueberries in the house and no cheese and back to Phase One (even though I feel I never really left it!!).

And Hi Luckymarge! Thanks for that info but I am not really a Facebook person ;-). Are you on the Harcombe then and how has it helped you? I am certainly aware of the cravings and as I say way back on this thread I really have now got amazing control over them now so it definitely makes a difference - just a shame my weight isn't reflecting that! My clothes all still fit the same, I still have my love handles and my rolls of tummy! I know swimming will help, so I am looking forward to doing that on Thursday and maybe even if my knees are holding out I can do more exercise as well which I would love to do! I have been having a little jog when walking the dog just to see if it is aggrevating my knees and so far so good (although I have only been doing probably 20 steps, so not exactly a marathon ;-)), so fingers crossed they stay good :)

Well, I didn't end up going swimming yesterday after all because my wonderful plan completely left out a vital piece of information which involved my TOTM!! There is absolutely no way I am able to swim for the first couple of days as I am extremely heavy, so that ruled that out! But never mind, it will just have to be Thursday that I start instead. I weighed myself yesterday and I am still 11st10!!! It seems I am totally stuck at this weight :confused:. Quite frankly except for the blueberries (which I haven't had every day and only have about 10 when I do) and one cup of tea a day with skimmed milk and the odd bit of cheese (which actually over the last 5 days I don't think I have had) I am basically still doing Phase One foods anyway and now have been for nearly 3 weeks. So, ok, the muffins were probably a mistake but I haven't had any more since last Wednesday anyway. So the only thing I can do is to stop the blueberries as you suggest RKM and the tiny splash of skimmed milk and the odd bit of cheese I have... I am honestly a bit disappointed as I have been an absolute angel - no potatoes, no wheat, no rice (as it definitely doesn't agree with me), no sugar - I almost feel like I am starving myself to no avail! I don't actually feel starving, don't get me wrong, but I am literally only eating vegetables, meat or fish with no sauces whatsoever, unless I have made some kind of sauce myself, eggs, NLY when I can stomach it. I mostly only drink water anyway (I am not even really an alcohol drinker), so am quite happy just drinking water. It is just bizarre that I have taken out all the chocolate, potatoes and wheat from my diet (and there was a lot of it!) and the only difference it has made to my weight is 5lbs over nearly 3 weeks! Yes of course I do feel much better and the fact that my knees are so much improved really is fantastic, so I am not really down about it, but I am confused as to why it hasn't made such a difference!!

So, I am sat here this morning with a cup of chamomile tea again, no blueberries in the house and no cheese and back to Phase One (even though I feel I never really left it!!).

And Hi Luckymarge! Thanks for that info but I am not really a Facebook person ;-). Are you on the Harcombe then and how has it helped you? I am certainly aware of the cravings and as I say way back on this thread I really have now got amazing control over them now so it definitely makes a difference - just a shame my weight isn't reflecting that! My clothes all still fit the same, I still have my love handles and my rolls of tummy! I know swimming will help, so I am looking forward to doing that on Thursday and maybe even if my knees are holding out I can do more exercise as well which I would love to do! I have been having a little jog when walking the dog just to see if it is aggrevating my knees and so far so good (although I have only been doing probably 20 steps, so not exactly a marathon ;-)), so fingers crossed they stay good :)

Nope :( am hoping it will be here in today's post though. Postman doesn't come till the afternoon but i'll let you know as soon as i do. Didn't have a great sunday - took the kids to cadbury world and had some choc and then followed up with an indian and a glass of wine... was silly with the indian -shouldn't have had the naan or rice but hey ho. I will learn eventually. I won't put another year on hold for weight loss though, so didn't want to miss out. Although i ate no where near as much chocolate as i perhaps normally would. I was sooo bloated though the next morning - and had a touch of thrush so just shows that my body doesn't like it!! Did p1 yesterday and almost p1 today, just had a litle milk with breakfast as i was really late and so grabbed some rice cereal - didn't have time to do anything else or porridge as was running late for school.

Don't be worrying about your weight if it's TOTM - it's natural to hold onto water at totm, so i bet you have a woosh after it's gone!! Remember with the blueberries it's not about quantity necessarily but about intolerances. I expect this is just totm so give it another week or two and then if you don't lose maybe look at the dairy or blueberries. That's what i'd do. TOTM would reassure me lol. Don't be dissapointed, it will only be that!! Also - look at phase 2, don't stick on phase 1 if you feel deprived with the diet, mix it up and add in some dairy or carb meals if you need to. Don't let yourself get "bored". Variety is the key to not getting any intolerances remember..... stick with it, you're doing just great.

BTW, i am on the facebook and the official forum too. It's good for extra support if you need it. I'm not going anywhere though ;) Excellent news about your knees!! x

Ok results are in i am intolerant to cow's milk, and have a borderline intolerance to wheat.... not quite sure what the ins and outs of that are - will arrange their consultation and let you know x

You ok twiggy?. X

Sorry yes I am ok thanks - just found out yesterday that my Grandfather passed away, so going to be busy organising everything as I have to go over to Spain to sort things out - so I expect I won't be on here for a while.

How the diet goes while I am away I have no idea but I am going to try my best to stick to it! Of course, I forgot about the TOTM affecting my weight so I weighed myself this morning and I am 11st8!! So definitely better and still on TOTM so hopefully it will only get better :). You are a genius RKM!

So your intolerances - is that all that came back? I guess at least you can still eat tomatoes ;-). It will be interesting to hear what they say about it in the consultation. Bit of a pain about cow's milk as that limits your dairy choices somewhat but at least you know - do you think you will manage to cut cow's milk out?

Sorry yes I am ok thanks - just found out yesterday that my Grandfather passed away, so going to be busy organising everything as I have to go over to Spain to sort things out - so I expect I won't be on here for a while.

How the diet goes while I am away I have no idea but I am going to try my best to stick to it! Of course, I forgot about the TOTM affecting my weight so I weighed myself this morning and I am 11st8!! So definitely better and still on TOTM so hopefully it will only get better :). You are a genius RKM!

So your intolerances - is that all that came back? I guess at least you can still eat tomatoes ;-). It will be interesting to hear what they say about it in the consultation. Bit of a pain about cow's milk as that limits your dairy choices somewhat but at least you know - do you think you will manage to cut cow's milk out?

Ah Hun I'm sorry to hear about your grandad :( hope everything goes as well as it can in the circumstances x

Whoop! That's a better weigh in :) well done you! Had the consultation basically all dairy is out, just rice or oat milk as a replacement for carb meals or coconut milk for fats but have heard that's really for p3. I don't really have milk with fat meals anyways though. But all dairy is out for at least 12m and wheat for 6m then can try reintroducing slowly and see what symptoms I get. Shouldn't be too bad as I only really have dairy at breakfast. Hopefully it will make weight loss easier tho! X

Hope you're doing ok xxx

Thanks RKM, yes I am fine thanks and back now.

I managed to eat fairly well while I was away, but I did eat some fruit and a bowl of chips (couldn't help myself - they were so good!) and I ate quite a lot of cheese, but lots of salad! Unfortunately on the plane I had a packet of crisps and a Twix though as I was starving! My god - the stomach cramps I got after that were seriously bad - I am guessing it was the wheat from the biscuit bit as I have managed to totally steer clear of it until then. Well, that will teach me I suppose ;-). Weighed myself yesterday and was 11st7lbs and then this morning 11st8lbs (that will be the crisps and twix catching up with me I suppose ;-)). So, not great but at least I haven't put any on.

I am back on Phase 1 as from today and won't weigh myself until at least Thursday so we will see how I go. My knees are still feeling great so that is excellent - I have even managed to do a bit more running without aggravating them :). I am going swimming tomorrow morning before work and will aim to do that at least 3 times a week and maybe even do something in the gym if my knees continue to behave.

So, although I have gone a bit off track, I am still feeling pretty good so I am hoping that if I am strict with myself for Phase 1 again this time then I should lose a couple more pounds this week - fingers crossed!

Thanks RKM, yes I am fine thanks and back now.

I managed to eat fairly well while I was away, but I did eat some fruit and a bowl of chips (couldn't help myself - they were so good!) and I ate quite a lot of cheese, but lots of salad! Unfortunately on the plane I had a packet of crisps and a Twix though as I was starving! My god - the stomach cramps I got after that were seriously bad - I am guessing it was the wheat from the biscuit bit as I have managed to totally steer clear of it until then. Well, that will teach me I suppose ;-). Weighed myself yesterday and was 11st7lbs and then this morning 11st8lbs (that will be the crisps and twix catching up with me I suppose ;-)). So, not great but at least I haven't put any on.

I am back on Phase 1 as from today and won't weigh myself until at least Thursday so we will see how I go. My knees are still feeling great so that is excellent - I have even managed to do a bit more running without aggravating them :). I am going swimming tomorrow morning before work and will aim to do that at least 3 times a week and maybe even do something in the gym if my knees continue to behave.

So, although I have gone a bit off track, I am still feeling pretty good so I am hoping that if I am strict with myself for Phase 1 again this time then I should lose a couple more pounds this week - fingers crossed!

You're doing great! Well done. And so great to hear that your knees are still good! What more incentive could you need!! Ouch to the cramps, good reminder to behave though lol x

Yep it was certainly a good reminder! It was interesting really as I was eating a lot of wheat before and didn't have severe stomach cramps, but mild ones and bloating, so it was obviously a real shock to my system to have some after all this time and just proves that my body doesn't like it - it was almost like it was telling me "what the hell do you think you are doing - NEVER do that to me again!" - so I won't at least certainly for the time being...

I finally joined the gym again today and went swimming - I just love it, although it is a real pain getting your hair wet and having to wash it (I am not one of those people that keeps their hair out of the water - it is a proper aerobic swim that I enjoy!), so I will only probably do it 3 times a week, and then tomorrow I am going to try going in the gym and doing some cross-training and see how I cope with that as I reckon my knees can take it, and then I can do some weights and things as I would really like to get myself back to having some muscle tone :). I am actually really excited at the prospect that I may be able to exercise properly without crippling myself, so fingers crossed!

Been really good today - had porridge for breakfast and then a salad for lunch and have a chicken stew in the slow cooker ready for dinner this evening and I feel great! I didn't have any cravings whatsoever. Can you tell I am feeling good?! I am so motivated it is amazing! :D

Back