Starting Rosemary Conley Solo Slim on Sunday

victoriac

I have previously lost 3 stone on Lighter Life Lite but have put all my weight and more back on. I am at a really low point, clothes arent fitting, in a new job and having to buy suits for the first time at my heaviest weight was not a good experience.

I ahve jsut bought the 28-day solo slim pack and i am starting on Sunday, one last night out on Saturday.

Really worried i cannot lose this amount of weight again and needing some support.

Feeling like a failure!!

Has anyone had good experience on Solo Slim? Or anyone lost a lot of weight previously who have put it back on but has lost it again??

Victoria x

Hi, I've heard the solo slims are nice. I've had the butternut squash soup which was nice for lunch, I have a bacon and mushroom risotto in the cupboard still to try. There are others that have posted on the forum to say they are tasty.

I've heard that lighter life has caused all sorts of problems for people, I can understand why people try it, I just know I'd struggle with not eating meals while everyone around me does! I'm sorry you're feeling so low at the moment. It is a bit quiet on this forum unfotunately but those that are around are supportive.

Good luck and let us know which of the solos are the best :)

Ange x

Decided to start today...my last fling on Saturday made me a bit worse for wear on sunday lol.

Thought i would say how i was getting on today.

Up this morning full of gusto to get started- had my 50g of special k and i have just had my first Solo Slim soup- Minestrone (123 cals) for my lunch at work.....it was great! did not taste like diet food at all, really enjoyed it, very filling and great looking at the ingredients knowing there was nothing bad at all in it.

Looking forward to going home to try my first Solo Slim main meal...trouble is, what to choose??

If the meals are as good as the minestrone soup, this shouldnt be too hard after all.

Having a yougurt (77 cals) for lunch as well and then 150g strawberries for my mid-afternoon power snack.

Just another quick update!! dont no if anyone is out there doing Solo Slim....i think im the only one!!

Starting Day 3 today. Monday and Tuesday went really well, here is a wee diary of what ive had:

Monday
Breakfast- 50g Special k
Mid morning snack- 100g cherries
Lunch - SS Minestrone soup and yogurt
Mid afternoon snack- 150g strawberries
Dinner- SS beef casserole with carrots and peas and RC chocolate & raisin bar

Tuesday
Breakfast- 50g Special k
Mid morning snack- 100g cherries
Lunch - SS Mushroom soup, 1 slice wholemeal bread and a yogurt
Mid afternoon snack- 150g strawberries
Dinner- SS Tomato and chilli risotto with salad and RC apple and toffee bar

Today
Breakfast- 50g Special k
Mid morning snack- 150g strawberries
Lunch - SS Pea & Ham soup, 1 slice wholemeal bread and hartley's jelly
Mid afternoon snack- 100g pineapple
Dinner- ............undecided as off yet, will pick my meal when i go home!!

Must say the meals so far have been fantastic- the soup is great at work, really tasty. At night coming in from work and not having to prepare a whole meal is great- just picking my meal is the hard part then i just make some accompaniments. Just started a new job (first real big bad world job) so its been great coming in and hving a great meal thats already prepared and tastes HOME MADE...does not taste like ready meals (e.g. weight watchers etc)- very good products!!

Hope the scales reflect my good mood at my first weigh in on Monday!! Not attending a class- i dont have one near me so really needing some support

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

It sounds like you're doing really well, it's a fab food diary :)

The only reason I don't solo slim more is because I have a fiance who is a bit of a greedy so and so and if left to his own devices to get himself a dinner he'd get takeaways! I do care about him so I usually cook a meal where I can load him with veggies to keep him fuller for longer!!

I had a 2.5lb gain this week but it was my birthday and we went to Amsterdam for the weekend so I'm not surprised! I know it'll come off in the next week or two if I'm good and at least I know why! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic loss at your first weigh in x

Hi Ange S

I think you are right to be fine with your 2.5lb gain, a birthday without cakes and treats is just another day after alll- you need to celebrate and let your hair down ever now and then. You sound like your getting straight back on it....after one slice of cake i ususally fall of the wagon!

Really motivated to lose the weight this time but i have been a bit naughty. I told myself i would only weigh in once a week so thats ever monday morning- I started last monday and weighed myself on tue and had lost 4lbs, ive weighed myself on the last 2 mornings now and nothing has happened- im just staying the same. I'm a bit worried its not working, i know i havnt given it enought time but im worried its starting to put me off!!

Im now in the bad habit of weighing myself every morning -and being critical if the scales hvn't moved!! Not good :(
i dont want to become obsessive over it.x

Hi Victoria! I am exactly the same as you... did LL, lost 3 stone and some hair! Have put it all back on and more. I ordered my 28 day solo slim pack yesterday and i'm looking forward to it arriving tomorrow. I weigh in at a hefty 14st 4lb and i'm only 5ft4ins. Ideally i'd like to lose at least 4st 2lb.
I can't get to a RC class as i don't finish work til 7pm and they're only on at 5:30pm where i live, so i'm doing this on my own too....if you'd like a buddy?
I have joined my local gym, and fully intend on going. I've signed up to myfitnesspal.com so i can keep track of what i'm eating and how much exercise i'm getting, so if you want to join me on there as a buddy, my user name is ladysgarden.

Keep us all updated on how your getting on!

Sian xXx

Ditch the scales! Although that may be a problem if you're weighing in at home... ok, get someone to lock them up until Monday for you!!! :nono:

I know it's tempting to do and I usually do it just before I head off to class, to prepare myself for the result, but I rarely weigh myself during the week and certainly not every day. There are so many reasons why weight changes day to day that it's not worth getting into a tizzy!

Hi Ange S,

I know its not worth it just been obsessing! Ive been on and off the scales like a yo-yo this week.

Its my first scheduled weigh in 2moro as that is day 8, so ive completed my first week and hv really enjoyed it.

I am not going to weigh myself until the next weigh in a week on Monday- fingers crossed i can stick to it!!

How are you getting on??

victoriac said:
Hi Ange S,

I know its not worth it just been obsessing! Ive been on and off the scales like a yo-yo this week.

Its my first scheduled weigh in 2moro as that is day 8, so ive completed my first week and hv really enjoyed it.

I am not going to weigh myself until the next weigh in a week on Monday- fingers crossed i can stick to it!!

How are you getting on??

Good luck for tomorrow, although I'm sure it'll go well, sounds like you've had a great week :)

This week hasn't been so great for me, dad's birthday on Friday, I had wine and once I'd had half a glass all went to pot! Then yesterday we went to friends for a BBQ, plus I've been feeling really hungry all week for some reason, it seems to happen every 4-5 weeks so I think it's hormones (I'm on a pill where I don't have periods so I never really know for sure but I was spotty last week as well). I'm sure this week will go better though :)

Good luck for tomorrow, although I'm sure it'll go well, sounds like you've had a great week :)

This week hasn't been so great for me, dad's birthday on Friday, I had wine and once I'd had half a glass all went to pot! Then yesterday we went to friends for a BBQ, plus I've been feeling really hungry all week for some reason, it seems to happen every 4-5 weeks so I think it's hormones (I'm on a pill where I don't have periods so I never really know for sure but I was spotty last week as well). I'm sure this week will go better though :)

I know how u feel, whn your hormonal everything goes out the window. Im sure if you get back on it fresh today then there wont b too much damage done.

I have to admit last night i didn't stick to the plan....had a burger at my local gym (good quality homemade- so didn't think it could be that bad) and i resisted the chips.

Had my first ACTUAL weigh in today after being on it for a week and ive lost 6 1/4lbs so im pretty happy with that. Just hope it continues to come off this week as i know 4 of those lbs came off in the first day. I would really like to lost around 3lbs this week.

Well done, that's a fantastic loss for your first week. :) I lost 7lb over the first two weeks, I had to wait an extra week for weigh in because of the bank holiday, so to lose nearly that in one week is really really good! Mmmm burger, I think sometimes it has to be done...

I'm feeling much better today, not quite so ravenous! I had the solo slim bacon and mushroom risotto for lunch today with some salad, it was really tasty and very filling so I'll have to try some others now :eat: lol. Have a good week x

Back