Starting route to management

Andyspurs

Montyspurs
Iv been looking up my calendar and Iv decided to start RTM on the 2/10/11. Does anyone have any thoughts about having a set date to start RTM or are you safer waiting till you get down to a specific weight iv lost 12 stone so far and I recon i should loose another 2/3 before my date. Reason y I'm thinking about start of October is that will give me the 12 weeks of RTM just before Xmas. Iv been 100% on my abstinence never cheated once. If anyone has any thoughts I'd be grateful

I set a date first time around and it created extra pressure for me because when I had weeks of poor loss, I got depressed. This time I've chosen a weight instead.

you've been doing the diet a while now and as you get closer to goal, the more you'll think about finishing. Be careful not to negotiate with yourself to finish early. I think it's natural when you have lost a lot, to want to rush the end. My advice would be to forget the when, until it's so close you can hardly believe it's imminent. Concentrate on what size you'd like to be as you start rtm.

Of course everyone is different - I just know I had my heart set on a date - and when my losses slowed it created a lot of angst in me when I realised it would take longer - which I was ill prepared for!

All good advice. I would also plan on losing 1/2 a stone more than you want = to have a little buffer while you go back to eating. Then you tend to natrually settle there about where you want to be. :)

Very well done on your great acheivement!!! Fantstic job!! 100% is the only way to go!!

xx

I have to say I didn't set a date - and found I was ready to start RTM mid-December, BAD TIMING! i knew I was likely to be unable to resist temptation so I carried on total until the New Year and started RTM then. Lucky for me it did give me the half stone buffer that BL mentioned.
Well done Andyspurs and good for you for planning ahead.
:happy096:

Back