Starting S&S today!

GEEGEE83

Hello everybody!

Starting the S&S diet today, I received everything yesterday :D

I've done this type of diet before for a week, then caved in, mostly through the boyfriend not thinking it was healthy. That was a while ago now, maybe 6 months, and I'm the same weight as I was then. I think he realises now that I need to stick to it. I've told him that he needs to support me, especially in the first week or two, as I will be a bit weak willed! :eek: (secretely I'm just going to ignore him though).

So, had my first shake today and feeling good about it. Got my bottle of water to get through today and some white cabbage in the fridge to go with my evening meal of cottage pie.

He's already started going on about me having to have chocolate on Easter Sunday.. :rolleyes: funny how he's not been bothered before. I'm just gonna say I don't fancy any today. :confused:

Going to be a long road, but now I've started I'm so excited about seeing the weight drop off. Nobody is going to get in my way because of their insecurities or worries. I've researched it, made up my mind and I'm going for it.

I had a gastric band fitted about 6 yrs ago now. Was great but sooo hard to live with, lost 5.5 stones and got to 12st 4lbs, felt great but the band broke, or rather my valve did that stops me refluxing and I get regurgitation if it gets filled :( so I can't use it. It still causes me to find fruit/salad/veg hard to eat without a sauce, so normal diets are just too hard for me to do. So, I've gained all the weight I lost, feel a fool and need to get back to where I was.

God, I'm waffling now! :eek:

Thanks if you read this far :)

GeeGee

Hi Geegee83 i have just started today too. We can support each other. Good luck

Good luck in your journey. It sounds like you other half may be a bit of an enabler when it comes to food. This may be part of his way of looking after you. It makes sense to talk to him and tell him what you need bwut I suspect that he will find it hard to support you in that way. The only solution is to find the strength within yourself - which you'll need to keep the weight off in the long term anyway. You'll get lots of support on tthis forum when you need it! Welcome!!

Tayvion - that would be great :) I'm on my 3rd pack now, sooo hungry, but I know it'll get better in a couple of days !

Weasy - Yes, good description, he wants me to be healthy but likes buying me treats etc.. so I shall just have to have a string of good excuses for everything lol.

Hi geegee i'm finding it great have had three packs and am having my strawberry waffles later as a late night sweet snack.
Have you or anyone tried the chocolate or strawberry waffles on s&s?

Ooooh waffles? I must have missed those when I ordered! Did you have them? How have you found today?

I had cottage pie with 200g of white cabbage for dinner, I have some of the chocolate bars too, which seem small but heard they are tasty.

Really enjoy the veg/salad allowance, means my evening meal is more 'normal'.

Day 1 complete, phew.. just got to keep going :)

I think it's the wafers not waffles :(

Just found them, £1.99 eeek, but nice for a treat now and again :p

Sorry i meant wafers lol. Had a good day yesterday. Day 2 having soups and shakes today.

Good luck for today!

I'm feeling motivated :) quick jump on the scales showed a loss already but won't reveal until each week's weigh in :p

Just had the chocolate shake, blended with water and ice, yummy! really enjoyed it!

Not sure what me and the boyfriend are up to over the bank holiday weekend, feeling worried about being too far from meals, but will just have to plan it.

Good luck for today too
I'm off to my grandma's today so i decided to mix the chicken soup with the mushroom soup, as it's just easier then don't have to carry any sachets. The chicken and mushroom soup is quite nice. Then will have a bar later on at my grandma's.

Ooooh waffles? I must have missed those when I ordered! Did you have them? How have you found today?

I had cottage pie with 200g of white cabbage for dinner, I have some of the chocolate bars too, which seem small but heard they are tasty.

Really enjoy the veg/salad allowance, means my evening meal is more 'normal'.

the truffa bars are really yummy ,
it fixes that need chocolate
but the trouble is you can only have one a day
.which is a shame.... they are good

Day 1 complete, phew.. just got to keep going :)
well done for your 1st day

Hi
Just wanted to wish you luck on your journey - I too started this week, I started on Wednesday so today is day three, I will look out for your loss next week. I have also been on the scales and am happy to see a loss but dont want to share it until wednesday when its my offical weigh in!

im afew days a head of you , now on day 5 and full of energy and very happy on sns .
weighin on monday will let you know what ive lost, and reading your diarys as well
good luck with it

Hey Tayvion, Fairman and 30thisyear!

Glad you are all doing okay, it's a good plan, I really like it :)

Day 3 today, yesterday was a bit harder I thought, especially with the boyfriend off work, but, he seems to be supporting me mostly which is good.

Just tried the porridge for breakfast and was pleasantly suprised! Very nice.. not too sweet and sickly, just like oatmeal really.

I am already hooked on the chocolate milkshakes, yummy! I only have 2 left though, so not enough to last the weekend, I have other milkshakes though just no-where near as nice as the S&S Chocolate one.

Really can't wait to get the first week out of the way so I will feel a bit better, just feel hungover and spaced out at the moment. :eek:

we all doing great this diet is so much better than lipotrim .
i certainly dont feel like im missing out on any thing

Good luck for today too
I'm off to my grandma's today so i decided to mix the chicken soup with the mushroom soup, as it's just easier then don't have to carry any sachets. The chicken and mushroom soup is quite nice. Then will have a bar later on at my grandma's.

i love the chicken and the vegetable soup.
the bars are nice as well
i see you did lipotrim as well ,now that was a hard one to get started on , this one much more easy and normal .
which one is your favourite

Hey Fairman76,

Glad to hear you are still going well, me too! Finding it a lot easier today and feel less like I'm clock watching waiting for the next meal! :p

Got some Jelly in the fridge, I've heard we can have this, so hopefully it'll be ok...

Going to post a pic of my oatmeal breakfast for another thread but will pop it in here too.

I've also got a load of choccy for easter but not touched it :wave_cry:

Oatmeal - Made on the hob.

(Boiled kettle, pop mixture into pan, add approx 100-150mls water, keep stiring whilst it boils and until it's the right consistency)

100.jpg

i love the chicken and the vegetable soup.
the bars are nice as well
i see you did lipotrim as well ,now that was a hard one to get started on , this one much more easy and normal .
which one is your favourite

Hi Fairman, Hi Geegee
Glad to hear your both doing so well.

Fairman i love s&s so much better then lipotrim i wish i knew about it before has i would have started it instead of lipotrim. The shakes taste wonderful much better then lipotrim. Will be tasting my first meal tonight. Gonna have mushroom pasta with brocolli and although i have only be on s&s for 4 days i had a day off yesterday as it was my son's birthday party although he turns 4 on tuesday. Didn't have time to fit in meals or shakes was cooking and entertaining 15 4yr olds. So decided to have the wk end off, although did not go mad. Today i am on plan 80%. Tomorrow will be back to 100% i find it quite easy so stay 100%, even having the wk end off havn't felt the need to go mad like i did on lipotrim. As when on plan with s&s i have a new meal to look forward to more variety and not just shakes. Hope every is having a good easter wk end. Me and my son safinn are having a pjama day watching a few films and relaxing after yesterday's hectic day.

Last edited:
Back